• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Funny thing is, that up to that place where you are, it already gave you quite a few things to think on, or anticipate, or speculate, or be afraid of.
I don't feel that it is a slog actually, and music is fine, what do you even mean?

I guess I just want more of that, the mysteries are starting to come now, especially with after the festival now, it's the whole chapters dedicated to stupid activities that annoy me though and feel like useless padding.

And yeah just simply some of the music I've found annoying so I've just turned the bgm off.

EDIT: ok, it's getting much better now, things are taking a gear up :)

Chariot

Gah, reading about 5 second load times in the Witcher 3 thead makes me mad. I am going to buy a dedicates SSD just for games next month. :mad:

Lain

EDIT: Someone made a thread

Not Steam, but Blade and Soul has been confirmed for the west
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/05/20/world-of-wuxia-blade-and-soul/

Can't find a thread and I think it's news, so someone make one or something?

MRqzTPv.gif

About time, such a nice looking T&A game that I'll have to play it.

Dr Dogg

Here's a quick observation and question for you folks. How do you remember phone numbers, pin number etc. especially when you have to have quite a few important ones for work and the such like? Are you just a clever clogs with an eidetic memory? Do you have a phone book or on your mobile? Or maybe you don't actually recall the numbers clearly but remember their pattern or sequence through repetition?

Because I'm in the latter camp after having to remember individual phone numbers for flipping loads of people at work from various different offices. Couldn't tell you their phone number but I know the sequence to tap on a keypad. Which is also how I swap effortlessly between a 360 pad, a Dual Shock pad and a WiiU Pro Controller and not get messed up in the head.

Parsnip

CSI Vizima is pretty good you guys.
I just wish I wasn't so terribly broke that I could get a new gpu. Currently mostly running medium at 1080p, with textures and detail level set to ultra, and locked to 30fps. It's been fine on the first area, I hope it stays that way further in.

Here's a quick observation and question for you folks. How do you remember phone numbers, pin number etc. especially when you have to have quite a few important ones for work and the such like? Are you just a clever clogs with an eidetic memory? Do you have a phone book or on your mobile? Or maybe you don't actually recall the numbers clearly but remember their pattern or sequence through repetition?

Because I'm in the latter camp after having to remember individual phone numbers for flipping loads of people at work from various different offices. Couldn't tell you their phone number but I know the sequence to tap on a keypad. Which is also how I swap effortlessly between a 360 pad, a Dual Shock pad and a WiiU Pro Controller and not get messed up in the head.

I barely remember my own phone number, let alone anyone elses. That's what cellphone contact list is for. :p

Dsyndrome

I can't tell you someone's number besides my wife's and parent's home. I've grown accustomed to inputting it once into my phone contact list and never thinking about it again.

What the heck?

Yesterday it ran buttery smooth and now it has abysmal framerates ???

GPU load is at very low levels and CPU load is weird as well. Only one is at max and the rest very low.

Damn :/ This happened all week long. Only fix is to reinstall Geforce drivers clean. But it works only for a day. After that the same problem.

Anyone know something?`Thinking about reinstalling windows :(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What the heck?

Yesterday it ran buttery smooth and now it has abysmal framerates ???

GPU load is at very low levels and CPU load is weird as well. Only one is at max and the rest very low.

Damn :/ This happened all week long. Only fix is to reinstall Geforce drivers clean. But it works only for a day. After that the same problem.

Anyone know something?`Thinking about reinstalling windows :(

This is just gonna happen from time to time. Witcher 1 is coded on the Neverwinter Nights 1/Aurora Engine with a lot of code just sort of heaped on top and held together with twine and melted wax. One of the major issues is that the game is single-threaded only, which is why your first CPU core is maxed out while the others aren't. The source of the problem is the scripting that CDPR used for NPCs and other stuff. It was never intended to be used in the sheer numbers that they use, so the engine buckles under pressure and maxes out a single CPU core. With any cores maxed out, your system's output is going to suffer.

It should go away eventually, though some places (Vizima in later parts of the game) will run like shit no matter what you do. You can test to see if this is the case by starting a new game. If it is, then the performance issues you're getting are just one of those things you'll have to get used to~

Fox318

Upon being urged by a friend I played a bit Witcher last night. Was already late, so only about an hour, thus I didn't even finish the tutorial but despite some jank I had fun.

Visually it is definitely very different than W2/W3. Movement is super weird. He moves very fast forwards and backwards but strafing is comparably painfully slow. Had to set camera movement to 1 but it still moves crazy lot.

The biggest surprise once combat started. I clicked furiously on the enemy but Geralt would just stand idle. Only then I realized that I have to click only once and subsequent clicks break the attack - unless chained. That I did not know. Combat is still fun, especially with the three different stances but it feels much more passive than I imagined.

Characters are already interesting. Animations and looks are a bit plastic-ey but that I can easily forgive. Really enjoying that there seems to be a good story and lore.

Just came to the point where I learned my first sign and coupled with the ability to pause the game at any moment, I can totally see some nifty combat combinations happening in the future.

Glad I listened to my (only) friend who suggested me playing it instead of skipping straight to Witcher 2.

Here some screens for ya.
You can switch the camera view and play it like Diablo.

Happy birthday!

I don't think it's by the same devs as Paranautical Activity. If I recall correctly, it's being made by the devs behind You Have to Win the Game.

Happy Birthday bob !

It's boob's birthday? Happy birthday to boob!

EDIT: I managed to play about 30 minutes of W3 last night due to overtime. Majority of that is fiddling with settings and rewatching opening of Yeneffer and Geralt's asses in 30~45 FPS multiple times.

Happy birthday bob~

I'm lttp, but Shovel Knight is extremely fun. It fits in perfectly with my recent Retro platformer kick. The music is very NES-like and the visuals are somewhere between NES/SNES standards. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Quick Edit: Happy birthday, bobnowhere!

Happy Birthday! :D

Beware on Roche's path that there's a bug with the Little Sisters quest in Chapter 2: if you talk to any mage about the quest From A Bygone Era (the Operator quest in Chapter 3) before completing Little Sisters, once you reach Chapter 3 you won't be able to complete From A Bygone Era. So, focus on the Little Sisters quest and finish it without multitasking.

I did the same, but I started to save points right after I reached level 8. I was able to get the achievements at the beginning of Chapter 2.

In Witcher 1 I always side with myself. Neutrality forever!

Happy birthday man :D

Happy birthday! :)

SteamGAF is lewdGAF confirmed.

sup guys?

what should I get for #2000? suggestions?

I hit 2000 last week, I got Star Trek 25th Anniversary!

HBDY!!!

Whats all this talk about difficulty levels - who's breaking the rules and playing games now or did I miss the memo?

Thanks all as well! It's over now :( Only 366 days to the next one, damn you leap years!

Anyway has something changed with Groupees' website? It looks like they have added some sort of notification of new steam keys being added but it seems bugged atm, it said I had 2000+ notifications waiting to be read!

Also Spoko and Poko steam keys available from the aforementioned Groupees from Greenlight 22.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
the first person stuff screams that this DLC was outsourced. Has Tango come out and said that they're directly working on these DLC releases themselves?

I don't think they've said anything, and while I haven't checked in-depth, the credits look like it's just the same people, albeit a smaller part of the team. As the main game experimented with a lot of ideas, I wouldn't be surprised if this was by them, honestly. The first two DLCs they definitely had their hands in, and that went in a very different direction from the main game (mostly stealth based), so this being by them, while different, wouldn't surprise me as Evil Within shifted between ideals, tones, and ideas a lot during it's main lengthy campaign.

But think of all the Un-Birthdays

today is officially my unbirthday. I didn't want to say anything but since you brought it up I thought it would be okay to mention it this one time.

I don't think they've said anything, and while I haven't checked in-depth, the credits look like it's just the same people, albeit a smaller part of the team. As the main game experimented with a lot of ideas, I wouldn't be surprised if this was by them, honestly. The first two DLCs they definitely had their hands in, and that went in a very different direction from the main game (mostly stealth based), so this being by them, while different, wouldn't surprise me as Evil Within shifted between ideals, tones, and ideas a lot during it's main lengthy campaign.

I still need to play the main game for more than 30 minutes but I kinda like their approach to DLC then. Rather than just reuse assets and pump out 3 packs to fulfill their season pass requirements, they seem to really be trying to mix things out with each outing. I'm not sure how much this is Bethesda/Zenimac's doing (they seem to actually be really good about how they handle DLCs for their games) or how much it's Tango just wanting to stretch their legs a bit but I appreciate the effort.

Li Kao

So Gaf, I'm in the mood to buy things (as, err, always). Cities Skyline is that good ? Deluxe is at 20 euro at GamesPlanet. Largely in my buy zone.

Chariot

So Gaf, I'm in the mood to buy things (as, err, always). Cities Skyline is that good ? Deluxe is at 20 euro at GamesPlanet. Largely in my buy zone.
Yes, it's the Sim City we all needed. A bit rough at some edges still, but fun for hours and hours and hours.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
that might be the most ingenious way to stop cheaters, haha.

you should make a thread about it in Gaming, I want to see if anyone opposes this so i can chuckle.

naaah ... but feel free to make one yourself :) I'm not really the thread-making type :p

jtb

Banned
re-posting a question here...

Wondering if there are any 4X Space games that play more like Europa Universals and other Paradox games.

I'm talking 4x, but without the emphasis on balanced multiplayer and games reaching an endpoint... more persistent, sprawling universe. I already have Endless Space, played the shit out of it... looking for something with a more rewarding single player experience. Maybe in real-time (though I love turn based too).

I'm reading... Distant Worlds is something like this? any and all recommendations welcome.

wait you don't have valkyria?

shame

get that

it's great

If you're into that sorta thing, I'm sure it's spectacular.
I'm going to piss you off now by telling you that for me, it was just a +1 to help convince SEGA to port more PS3 games (Bayonetta, Vanquish) to PC.

double-fucking-dip time, son!
also, don't ever google image that. i made a terrible mistake trying to look for a gif.

This from the guy who hemmed and hawed at double dipping on MGR:R, especially after not having played the DLC.

GTFO.

Spoko and Poko keys now available for Groupees BAGB22

8 Bit Adventures keys now available for Groupees Drastik 2

My mistake -- I got Eldritch and Paranautical Activity mixed up. I am old and partially senile. You should understand what that's like, you grumpy old codger.

DOA5:LR>>>>MK:X

Not even on a bad day for MKX.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Crafted The Witcher III badge and got the best waifu background of them all...

Not that it will fetch that much but even if it did I'm cock blocked from the market until the 27th :(

I topped up my wallet yesterday, using my debit card, and got hit with a market restriction because of an "increase in use". I need to ring up my bank and see what the exact charges were as my online banking history just lists the AUD charges, which isn't exactly helpful as Steam limits you to three verification attempts (and I've already used one).

You know a Groupees bundle is bad when no one bothers to post it here or on Reddit 10 minutes after it's launched.

Looks like absolute garbage - the only thing that looks halfway-decent is New Kind of Adventure. All greenlight titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom