• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel81

My activity feed is all anime now, and there's only one person Witcher 3. Surprising.

Only anime stories I can remember are Ninja Scroll and Van Helsing; couldn't tell you what the fuck happened in Akira or Ghost in the Shell; Evangelion, maybe someday...

I'm tempted to get Sleeping Dogs due to it's price (even cheaper on GMG), but I know it'll sit in the corner like every other open-world crime game I've bought in the last five years.

Sleeping Dogs has a lot of charm. If it's your style, then it should grab hold early on. The campaign isn't too long, and there are limited side activities to distract from that.

Nikki needs to meet Jaye from Wonderfalls

jayeyearbook.png

is that the girl from Hannibal?

rtcn63

Nobody noticing her sit position?

- How do you come up with that posture?
- Doesn't it hurt after a while? At least use a cushion...

So many unanswered questions.

Yeah, she should really consider taking pointers from her betters

EqGNK.jpg

is that the girl from Hannibal?

Yes. Watch Wonderfalls, also by Bryan Fuller. First half of the first (and only) season is near brilliant. Lee Pace plays her brother (and later stars in Fuller's Pushing Daisies).

I used to game like that, it's actually quite comfortable when you have something to lean back on.

In fact, I kinda still do it subconsciously.

What's wrong with sharing the Humble Bundle love with consoles?

Nothing.
Well, except that I'd have rather seen a Sony/PSN bundle so I would be inclined to actually support it.

Would have you been happy if it was a vita bundle instead?

Sure, I'd have taken a PSN bundle. Probably would've found $25 to give for charity there... but a bundle for a platform I don't own (and won't in the future) and a platform I loathe... yeah, no thanks.

Dr Dogg

As for video games, I just finished the first Ciri section in Witcher 3. Please CDPR, give me a Witcher game with Ciri as the main character. She's a lot of fun, and cute too. Dandelion can become a romance option!

Wait until you get to the later Ciri sections. She can wreck up about 5 guys in seconds. I'm pretty nifty with Jerald and can down a pack of wolves just as quick but against armed foes with swords it's a bit more tactical with blocking, dodging, parrying, sign and bomb use to wear them down. With Ciri it's over in a flash no mater how heavily armed they are. First things first CDPR need to make a stand alone Gwent game then they need to make a character action game with Ciri as the lead. Kind of like a western, fantasy themed Bayonetta. Hmmmm...

L.O.R.D

i was asking my self the same question
how the fuck she playing in this position ?
some of my cousins also sit in some weird position with they are playing
some of them flip the controller or they cross their hands when handling the controller

Chariot

Help, GAF. My fetishes are confused, I am not prepared to choose that early. The blonde finish girl in maide costume or the tomboyish friend with bikershorts?

Jawmuncher

As someone who has never watched anime (other than a little bit of DBZ and Pokemon when I was really young), is Eva a good place to start?

Everyone is probably going to say no but it's what I jumped into and I enjoy it all the more for it. I would say that you'll know if you're going to like early on. The safest bet to start with is always Cowboy Bebop.

Jazz573

Everyone is probably going to say no but it's what I jumped into and I enjoy it all the more for it. I would say that you'll know if you're going to like early on. The safest bet to start with is always Cowboy Bebop.

The anime that has most piqued my interest is Eva, Gundam, and pretty much anything Ghibli.

Jawmuncher

The anime that has most piqued my interested is Eva, Gundam, and pretty much anything Ghibli.

If you've already been this interested in it just jump in. That's exactly what I did.
Show than End of Evangelion, than rebuild 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33. Or you can reverse and do films than show. That's what I did (Though 3.33 wasn't out at that time). Do take into account that the rebuild movies are their own thing.

Jazz573

If you've already been this interested in it just jump in. That's exactly what I did.
Show than End of Evangelion, than rebuild 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33. Or you can reverse and do films than show. That's what I did (Though 3.33 wasn't out at that time). Do take into account that the rebuild movies are their own thing.

What's the best way to watch the series? Is any of it available on sites like crunchyroll?

rtcn63

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo was a good anime. It's... The Count, but told from the perspective of Albert. Also magic and future stuff.

Jawmuncher

What's the best way to watch the series? Is any of it available on sites like crunchyroll?

The rebuild films are easy to get a hold of. Sadly the series and End of Evangelion are out of print and marked up to some high prices. So you'll have to figure that one out on your own.

rtcn63

Dead Like Me was better than pushing daisies.

Both suffered in the later episodes because of internal politics/the writer's strike. The Dead Like Me movie was particularly bad. At least we got to see George again in Hannibal as
a girl who thinks she's dead.

I'm partial to the dialogue in PD:

Everything we do is a choice. Oatmeal or cereal, highway or sidestreets, kiss her or keep her. We make choices and we live with the consequences. If someone gets hurt along the way, we ask for forgiveness. It's the best anyone can do.

Jazz573

The rebuild films are easy to get a hold of. Sadly the series and End of Evangelion are out of print and marked up to some high prices. So you'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Thanks. I will watch it, but not until I get through the mountain of VNs I have to play.

Chariot

The Boy. Excuse the tomboy.
Aight. I trust your senses.

Is the Finnish girl willing to make you creme puffs?
I... don't know? :,D
Probably?

Make that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood then I agree.
I support this.

Dead Like Me was better than pushing daisies.
Also this.

The sister ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know. At first I found her cute, but then she reminded me of zkylon and that creeped me out.

Still haven't watched Brotherhood. I know that the original series changed stuff from the manga, but oh well, I loved it still.

Brotherhood is pretty much how an animated adaptation should be done. It's pretty much the manga in animated form, no fillers or changes.

rtcn63

Have you all watched Being Erica? Very Fuller-esque. It's about a woman who encounters a (magical) therapist who lets her time travel back to important events in her life and try to change things. Each episode focuses on a different event. First season is great.

Also Erin Karpluk (who plays the titular character) is super cute

tumblr_m3xihsbaxa1rpodjk.gif

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
New Humble Bundle is pretty cool, although the BTA price is super high right now so I can't get OlliOlli. Hopefully they do more bundles like this in the future so I can play something other than Pokémon on my 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom