• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Talking about screenshots and gifs, there is no easy way to move all my libraries to abload without doing it file by file, is there?
I'm too lazy for that much work.

Arthea

hopefully minus will get its shit figured out and we can go back to it

unlikely, there isn't even buzz about it, what would be strange if it was wide spread problem.
I mean site loads OK, all pics show just fine, they aren't visible on gaf at all. I even thought maybe gaf banned minus or something, because pics still show in other places.

Dr Dogg

Talking about screenshots and gifs, there is no easy way to move all my libraries to abload without doing it file by file, is there?

No that's just another reason why I recommended Flickr to you yesterday. Not only are there countless community made applications using their robust API but there is also Flickr Uploadr which is their own bulk upload tool that takes a lot of hassle out resubmitting your content.

Miguel81

Flickr by a country mile. Granted it's always been aimed at photographers but it's easy to use, plenty of library manage and social options if that's your thing and 1tb of storage pretty much seals the deal.

I'm considering giving Flickr a go. I've been using Onedrive and imgur for a bit, but want to try something different.

Edit: Looks like an updated Xbox One pad will be released with a 3.5mm port. Still need that wireless adapter for the PC to get me to pick one up.

Dr Dogg

I'm considering giving Flickr a go. I've been using Onedrive and imgur for a bit, but want to try something different.

Sky Drive/One Drive is pretty handy between two or more PC's regardless if they're Windows or not (though carrying a load of settings and shit from one to the next can either be really handy or a nightmare) but I've always preferred Dropbox for being a lot more flexible and despite having 35gb's of storage if I ever need any more I just go piss off a bunch of people with affiliate links.

Thing is with most image host the end result is usually going to be the same unless you want some very specific extra features. Really for me it all boils down to usability, uptime & availability and bandwidth & storage limits which in 8 plus years of either hosting artwork, random drunk pictures or a host of screenshots from various PC's and consoles Flickr has never let me down. Sure it's got a lot worse the more Yahoo have got involved, especially in the presentation and UI department but it still plugs in to some many devices and services easily that the process of uploading is a cinch. Even the dying/dead Vita still has a fully functional Flickr app.

this thread ain't about steam anymore. gaben help us.

We should conduct a study to see how many posts are on or off topic. Maybe get polygon to make a chart so the data is easily digestible.

I am getting a bit worried for new Bats. We can see new screenshots but they are more of the same. And with every new trailer we are getting very little new info for game. Almost same locations and missions like older footage.

http://www.arkhamverse.com/news/2015/05/nine-gorgeous-new-batman-arkham-knight-screenshots/

I have a feeling after a fair old amount of digging over the last few days that my recommendation in next months thread might have a few more story details than peeps have heard so far. I wouldn't be worried about the content and I certainly don't want a prerelease marketing campaign to spill its guts with the majority of what you can see and do up from. I like a little bit of secrecy and discovery of my own. In fact I'd be happy with a 30 second trailer a week before release as the only form of marketing that these long drawn out, hyped to the hills marketing campaigns that just draw everything out to the point of tedium before I've even got my hands on the game.

pLaWymq.jpg

Of course then there's this style of post which is hard to categorise if it fits in on or off topic. Does commentary on meta commentary go down to deep a rabbit hole? I don't know, probably no one will read this post anyways.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You can upload multiple files at the same time, but not individual folders, no.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Of course then there's this style of post which is hard to categorise if it fits in on or off topic. Does commentary on meta commentary go down to deep a rabbit hole? I don't know, probably no one will read this post anyways.

yeah ... that's probably the only perk of being me - I can post whatever the fuck I want ... no one will read it anyway ;)

Arthea

for those interested, groupees greenlight 25 bundle includes Super Star Path, get it!

as for VN bundle, apparently highest tier will be $10-15. With latest releases, upcoming Nep Nep2 and this bundle, my summer sale funds are so gone, it's not even funny.

is minus any good? i remember having an account on there. never used flickr before.

minus is or banned on gaf, or I don't know what, because it really is a fine host, but pics no longer show on gaf, that's why I'm moving to abload. I can't leave steamgaf without my pics and gifs now, can I?

edited: what's Super Star Path is, you ask? This

Dr Dogg

yeah ... that's probably the only perk of being me - I can post whatever the fuck I want ... no one will read it anyway ;)

I'm not sure you want to fully put that to the test. Or carry on down this route of self loathing that no one reads your posts as there will always be a bridge too far with someone.

is minus any good? i remember having an account on there. never used flickr before.

Best advice really is try them all out for yourself. Just create a junk email account, Gmail, Outlook, what ever takes your fancy and give all the popular ones a spin. So Flickr, Minus, Abload. you might find one you prefer over the others for various reasons and it's not like it's going to cost you anything more than your time.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
minus is or banned on gaf, or I don't know what, because it really is a fine host, but pics no longer show on gaf, that's why I'm moving to abload. I can't leave steamgaf without my pics and gifs now, can I?
\
I dunno if it's banned because banned sites look like this

k4unuh.png

minus just seems to be broken.

Khronico

Just finished Witcher 3.

Easily one of the best RPG's in the past decade and a lock for my GOTY.

I really don't see anything coming out this year that could top it for me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Minus has gone downhill ever since they switched their focus from being an image hoster to their "MeowChat" phone app. Recently, the Minus API broke for several image uploading automation programs and still hasn't been fixed, and some site bugs which have been around since 2012 are still there.

I get the feeling it's probably not doing very well and may go the way of many an image host before it. Which is a shame, as it is the only image uploader I found I really liked. It gave the convenience of imgur without compression worries, though the file size limit did drop from 50MB+ to 5 a year ago.

Deques

for those interested, groupees greenlight 25 bundle includes Super Star Path, get it!

as for VN bundle, apparently highest tier will be $10-15. With latest releases, upcoming Nep Nep2 and this bundle, my summer sale funds are so gone, it's not even funny.

edited: what's Super Star Path is, you ask? This
Damn, I missed to preorder the greenlight bundle :(

Arthea

Damn, I missed to preorder the greenlight bundle :(

that bundle isn't particularly good, you can get Super Star Path and one other game for price of reservation and you'll get bonuses. If you mean future +1s, then yeah, missing preorders is not a way to go with greenlight bundles.

Minus has gone downhill ever since they switched their focus from being an image hoster to their "MeowChat" phone app. Recently, the Minus API broke for several image uploading automation programs and still hasn't been fixed, and some site bugs which have been around since 2012 are still there.

I get the feeling it's probably not doing very well and may go the way of many an image host before it. Which is a shame, as it is the only image uploader I found I really liked. It gave the convenience of imgur without compression worries, though the file size limit did drop from 50MB+ to 5 a year ago.

I actually had no problems with it until very recent gaf minus denial.
What bugs are you talking about, btw? Never encountered any.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I actually had no problems with it until very recent gaf minus denial.
What bugs are you talking about, btw? Never encountered any.

The only one I can think of that I can easily reproduce is making a new folder defaulting to "Public" even though you specify you want it to be a private folder. For some reason, you need to select "private" and leave the folder, then come back and do it again. This was more of a problem back when they had the file limit of 200 pictures per folder.

One of the other annoying bugs was when the site had a hiccup years back and it deleted almost every thumbnail for images. I still have a few folders that I can only navigate by the image descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom