• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Anteater

I mean in a gameplay perspective the combos don't actually add a lot because the same enemies could be killed easily by throwing objects at them or they fall to their deaths, if it's a big boss fight I could understand but not random security guards that often die in explosions and rarely do anything else in close combat.

Game is stupid fun though, just like I remember the demo being with all the physics and ragdoll stuff, it's the kind of game that would normally bored me, but the random physics for some reason just makes it more entertaining, like the darth vader level was just so boring, the dude can't even run (or maybe i was pressing the wrong buttons), but I'm just chuckling at how boring being darth vader must be when he's that overpowered and you just watch everything collapse and enemies dying from environmental hazards.

Arthea

Guys, what do you think about Type 0 on PC?
It will be released?
I'm noticing the game is dropping on price really hard: it's 55€ from Amazon, but you can find a copy from other store for 40€, new.
Is this a common practice or the game is selling badly and SE is cutting the price (in this case chances to see it on PC increase)?

SE overpriced it a lot to begin with, imo. I don't see it selling good, unless sub 30€. They thought that if lots people beg for it they are ready to pay anything. They aren't and it's still a port of PSP game, who thought 70-90€ is going to work?

Shantom

Guys, what do you think about Type 0 on PC?
It will be released?
I'm noticing the game is dropping on price really hard: it's 55€ from Amazon, but you can find a copy from other store for 40€, new.
Is this a common practice or the game is selling badly and SE is cutting the price (in this case chances to see it on PC increase)?

They overshipped it everywhere it seems.

Aaron D.

Lots of new features in Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Scandinavia

Looks like a lot of those features made it to the 1.17 update (1.2 GB) that dropped last night for the base game.

-New weather and lighting setup
-New sounds for DAF XF Euro 6
-New drivers, new driver art
-Tires and rims turned into independent accessories
-Added six-wheeled chassis for both Renault Magnum and Premium
-Better support for retina displays (OSX)
-Traffic AI behavior improvements
-Improved engine performance and stability
-Improved support for multi-monitor systems
--Full list

I gave it a spin and noticed an improvement almost immediately. The overall color palette looks far more rich and saturated. Seems like there's new in-cabin sound effects too, such as shifting weight as you adjust steering and improved gear shifting effects. Engine feels more optimized as well as I was getting better FPS.

Overall, big thumbs up on the patch. A nice treat for those not even planning on getting the Scandinavia DLC.

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/games/226980/announcements/detail/205255358022645095

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5217

Portal Pinball is Teleporting to a Zen Studios Pinball Platform Near You

Valve and Zen Studios have revealed the fruits of their recent collaboration, taking one of the most beloved game series of the past decade, Portal, and giving it the pinball treatment! Portal pinball will be available on Zen’s pinball platforms the week of May 25th, 2015.

Crafted in collaboration with Valve and Zen Studios, Aperture Laboratories is proud to reveal the “Aperture Science Heuristic Portal Pinball Device”, proving that persistent experimentation is not only the hallmark of good science for the benefit of mankind, but also incalculably fun!

Guide Chell and Wheatley through test chambers by navigating portals, using aerial faith plates, defeating turrets and facing other obstacles, and battling against GLaDOS as you attempt to escape the facility and reach the surface. Team up with ATLAS and P-Body for their Cooperative Testing Initiative Multiball and wreak havok on the Turret Factory by discovering Ratman’s hidden mini playfield.

See you on the leaderboards… there will be cake.

Portal_key_art.jpg

Knurek

Hey, MS, since you're oh-so committed to PC platform, how about porting XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie?

I mean, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter clearly shows there's money to be made of those kind of games on PC... And it's not like those games need to be shackled to a dying platform, right?
Right?
A man needs his jiggies, you know?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Hey, MS, since you're oh-so committed to PC platform, how about porting XBLA versions of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie?

I mean, the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter clearly shows there's money to be made of those kind of games on PC... And it's not like those games need to be shackled to a dying platform, right?
Right?
A man needs his jiggies, you know?

... or Nuts & Bolts

dex3108

Man i was painting metal tubes for 5 hours at 30+°C. Real life is hard sometimes XD But i guess we can't play games 24/7 :D

Kagemusha

Edit: beaten
GOG is now exclusive publisher of Pacific General and Fantasy General. But I can't buy them, clicking on cart goes to main page. Maybe a bit too exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom