• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2015 - Paid Mods? We hardly Nuuvem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I just checked our progress in quest for world domination (on KMK) and not only we aren't gaining on Steam Gifts Achievement Hunters, the gap is getting larger. I guess we won't be seeing that third place after all.

Spiders are the best.

*high five*

Anteater

if your plan is to make me play FU again, it's kinda working

nfsebimcuk1w.gif

fantomena

So now NA PSN users cannot download PT even if they have it in the library, I guess same thing will happen when the EU store updates.

Glad I redownloadded it a while ago.

Fucking Konami. PT is one of the scariest games ever and it's a damn demo.

So future PS4 ownsers who wants the demo is shat on by Konami.

Chariot

So now NA PSN users cannot download PT even if they have it in the library, I guess same thing will happen when the EU store updates.

I mean, who doesn't hate current Konami already? It's not like they have much too lose.

on the one hand, pulling something completely off the network, even for those who already had downloaded it on their accounts, is pretty foul.

on the other hand, it makes zero business sense to keep paying for downloads of a demo for a game that is never coming out. It no longer can be seen as a promotional piece of software because it's promoting something that is nonexistent. You've already wasted money developing and putting out the demo, might as well cut your losses by not allowing for the thing to exist anymore.

So i dunno, i can see it from both sides really.

Arthea

I mean, who doesn't hate current Konami already? It's not like they have much too lose.

Well, you have a point, they could get back to my good graces by releasing all Suikoden games on steam, rehiring Yoshitaka Murayama and announcing proper Suikoden 6 in all new superior graphics glory. They would be my favourite company just by doing this little.
ya, I know...
oh well, at least we are getting Suikoden 3 on PSN.

http://i.imgur.com/PuXhRvM.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

perfect!

AC4 is my least favorite game in the series, there are around 5 story missions that don't involve eavesdropping and there's nothing exciting about dozens of tiny islands that look almost identical. Nice foliage though.

I thought colonial America was at least interesting historically and the snow effects in the game could be pretty incredible in the PC version. Also had the largest scale of the series until Unity. Some of the missions with battles going off in the backgrounds while you run around were pretty exciting. Just a shame at how the Frontier (outside of the Homestead which I enjoyed) and Desmond elements were handled. Still find it hard to believe how the threw everything the series was building towards down the drain.

Have you seen a shoot out in any Star Wars film? They're meant to be professional soldiers for christ sake but those Stromtroopers can't shoot for shit. I can't believe the Rebels snapped up all the species in the whole galaxy with two functioning eyes so it must be the hardware. Who knows what Obi Wan was smoking when he said 'Only Imperial Stromtroopers are so precise".
Here you go!

Wait, really?

You should probably expect to be came at.

even if the story is essentially you playing as a revolutionary-time forrest gump, the setting was interesting and the missions weren't just oscillating from BE STEALTHY to BE TAILING. Plus, even though Connor was boring as all fuck the story surrounding him was engaging, the setting was terrific, and Haytham more than makes up for the Connor's boring snoring ways.

Like, Connor is actually on a revenge mission and he's all about assassinating those punks who wronged him and his. Like, you know, what you would want from a game or series about assassins.

AC3 is better than AC4.

come at me brah.
All AC games are good titles. Even the new Chronicles: China was surprisingly enjoyable. Never understood the AC hate. For a series going on this long it's surprising the always make good entries. Nothing mindblowing since 2 of course, but all solid titles. I've played all and enjoyed every single one.

Sendou

Anyone else playing Snakebird? That game is hella brutal. Got stuck for an hour on the fifth level and there's over fifty in the game. It was so simple too. Loving the cute artstyle.

Also, for whatever reason Black Flag removed blood splattering during combat. In the other games blood will spray over the ground and onto your clothes when you kill an enemy but in Black Flag it disappears instantly. Weird omission given it was in 3 and then added back to Unity.

even if the story is essentially you playing as a revolutionary-time forrest gump, the setting was interesting and the missions weren't just oscilation from BE STEALTHY to BE TAILING. Plus, even though Connor was boring as all fuck the story surrounding him was engaging, the setting was terrific, and Haytham more than makes up for the Connor's boring snoring ways.

Like, Connor is actually on a revenge mission and he's all about assassinating those punks who wronged him and his. Like, you know, what you would want from a game or series about assassins.

Setting is what the series lives or dies upon. The most redeemable quality in the games, for me, was always in the way they blended globally recognizable monuments and locations with their parkour. It's what keeps the Italian games in the upper tier, with the Paris game following suit.

Because of that, I felt that the Colonial setting could have been better suited with a whole other game. I still feel that way. The frontier and mostly shanty town vistas just don't gel well with what the series does best.

Of course, neither does a pirate boat. But AC3 had that tutorial. That god-awful, unending tutorial.

I think I'm nearing the end of GTAV, running around the world is sometimes fun, characters are very well voice acted, but quests are rarely entertaining.

Also, for whatever reason Black Flag removed blood splattering during combat. In the other games blood will spray over the ground and onto your clothes when you kill an enemy but in Black Flag it disappears instantly. Weird omission given it was in 3 and then added back to Unity.

the series suffers from the same issues that Call of Duty does where, since every year a different team's game gets released, there are iterative improvements and changes that show up one year and are completely ignored the next.

One of my favorite examples of this is that in AC:Revelations, if you held the A button next to an NPC while doing one of those walk-and-talk segments you could just let the button go and Ezio/Altair would automatically follow the NPC, letting you just sit back and take the dialogue in while looking around at your surrounds. I thought this was great, but it never shows up in any other AC game after that. Neither does the really enjoyable Uncharted-like set pieces that are in that game.

I haven't played Rogue or Unity so i don't know if these things ever came back but that's just a couple of examples of things showing up in one game and not in others.

Chariot

How do you feel about AC3? *hoversoverdeletebutton*
I... don't? Like at all. I am not interested in native americans or Assassins Creed. Tried to play AC1, but after experiencing Dishonored it just felt limited. I also bought Black Flag for the Pirates, but it bored me quickly. AC isn't just my game.

I just pushed out a small update to Idle Master. Nothing in the way of functionality (yet), but a change in the server-side installation:[...]
Nice! Gonna grab it now. Thanks for your work.

Oh btw, since I jumped ship to Firefox (Tab Manager, Add-Ons, Scrollable Tab-bar) EnhancedSteam has been absent on my web.
Which is the old version on ES that still works with FF?
Best game series ever in the cosmos™ in best aspect ratio known to man®!
17200197970_ce14f4c494_o.png

16765239284_cca5edacbd_o.png
Wow, the skybox in Rouge looks really nice.
And I forgot that I should install Afterburner after seeing your AssUnity pic.

Sendou

The secret reason why every game ever should be released on PC:

Won't be many copies left of this game after this year. Supposedly only PS4's that haven't been online since that "valid period" was added. So for now the game is going to be rare after this year until a) PS4 gets cracked or b) PS4 emulation on PC becomes a thing.

EDIT: Apparently it's a false alarm.

I thought all the main stuff was pretty good. Good amount of variety. Didn't do any side stuff though.
There's a lot of driving from A to B while the other characters talked, gunplay isn't enjoyable to me. I do like missions involving aircraft, love piloting a helicopter.

derExperte

The secret reason why every game ever should be released on PC:

Won't be many copies left of this game after this year. Supposedly only PS4's that haven't been online since that "valid period" was added. So for now the game is going to be rare after this year until a) PS4 gets cracked or b) PS4 emulation on PC becomes a thing.

Wait, the game will actually stop working even when downloaded? When was that added? Haven't turned my PS4 on in over a month and would be totally fine with never going online again with it if it increases the resale value.

Sendou

Wait, the game will actually stop working even when downloaded? When was that added? Haven't turned my PS4 on in over a month and would be totally fine with never going online again with it if it increases the resale value.

Basically you won't be able to play it after that date. I'm not sure how it's handled on PS4 but it seems that this particular flag is now being rolled in. It's not yet up in every region.

You might at least want to see how this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom