• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats push mean

i would love to play a properly translated front mission 5

i really respect the work of the ppl that wrote the fan translation but it's just not good, i just hated my time with that game because the story made no sense and was tedious af. the combat felt like a big downgrade from the best of the series fm4

i'll settle with a port of fm4, that game is amazing

Push - to use more...make more popular...give more importance

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So weird. After finishing Shadowrun Returns, I thought I'd give Transistor another shot (being gateway'd into turn based stuff), and I immediately got past a fight that give me trouble when I first tried the game out. The game has clicked with me now, having a lot of fun with it. I'm not paying much attention to the story though, just focusing on the battles for now.

god damn right

giphy.gif

:(

You can see the accent on that gif.

Picked up FFX/X-2. No idea why. I'm still suck in DarkSouls3 for a little longer.

Weren't you being harassed into playing Rocket League? What happened to that? Alternatively, I'm thinking of the wrong person. Double alternatively, my questionable grasp on reality is more questionable.

Messiah

Not sure which OST I should pick for this FFX playthrough (played through the game with both versions already)

I actually don't mind the remastered OST and prefer some of its songs. Although I tend to go with the original OST for the original Via Purifico goodness.

Edit: After listening to the remastered "Challenge" again I think I will definitely go for original.

Annubis

So weird. After finishing Shadowrun Returns, I thought I'd give Transistor another shot (being gateway'd into turn based stuff), and I immediately got past a fight that give me trouble when I first tried the game out. The game has clicked with me now, having a lot of fun with it. I'm not paying much attention to the story though, just focusing on the battles for now.

Happens to me a lot.
I stop playing a game for a while and somehow when I return to it, I'm way better than before somehow.

The perfect example of that is that time I wanted to show the challenges in Catherine to a friend and I was like «yeah, I'll probably die real quick because I haven't played in years and forgot all the tricks.» and then proceed to ace the challenge which I couldn't even finish back then.

Not anime, but at least it's something.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Masterplan -- MB-6C4388ADE4E07AC4 - Taken by TheAutomator. 8 entrants total.

t1463087857z1.png

Tellaerin

That is still the best version of the Chocobo theme.

I'm also happy that my favorite FF's have finally made it to PC (and Steam).

In other news, I've been playing Lost Planet 2 these past couple of days. I'm surprised at how good it is. I enjoyed the first one, so I expected to like the sequel, but it's really surpassing my expectations. Pleasantly surprised to see that there are still a handful of people playing it - I've had randoms popping in to join for co-op while I'm playing, which is cool. Competitive multiplayer is dead (no surprise there), but at least you can play matches against bots, an option that's missing from way too many "modern" games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
need to jump a bunch of hoops to get the masterplan steam key

tumblr_mjgzmjA1pH1rn3kl9o1_500.gif

Ozium

the masterplan isnt a steam key.

tumblr_mjgzmjA1pH1rn3kl9o1_500.gif

Activation instructions:

1. Go to Playfield (https://playfield.io)
2. Create an account (it’s super easy, you can use your FB/Twitter/Google logins or signup via email)
3. Click on your User Profile Menu (upper right hand corner), select “Activate Key” and type in your The Masterplan key
4. The Masterplan will be added to your Playfield Library, from where you can get the Steam key and/or download the DRM-free version!

reading is hard

was watching a Marvel Heroes dev stream and they said "sony just released DS4 drivers for windows so we are patching in the DS4 buttons so you can use it perfectly" or something to that effect

ahh...first I've heard of it (hadn't seen any news about it)

hopefully it's true and not a miscommunication

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
whats push mean

i would love to play a properly translated front mission 5

i really respect the work of the ppl that wrote the fan translation but it's just not good, i just hated my time with that game because the story made no sense and was tedious af. the combat felt like a big downgrade from the best of the series fm4

i'll settle with a port of fm4, that game is amazing

But 4 is the worst one..... imo... I mean it's still a good game but the others are just better... except for FM Alternative and Evolved of course :)

Gemini: Heroes Reborn

Not available in my country.

That sucks

Gemini Heroes Reborn is the only game I want from the Be Mine, but I'm not going to pay almost $5 for a bundle for one game. I could probably get it for less during a future Steam sale.

Uzzy

Damn good stuff. I hope you enjoy it, it's one of my absolute faves.

Tizoc

Gemini Heroes Reborn is the only game I want from the Be Mine, but I'm not going to pay almost $5 for a bundle for one game. I could probably get it for less during a future Steam sale.

What in like 2017 you mean? When you keep FORGETTING to get it every Summer Sale or Winter Seal :p

Lomax

I'm sure you can find someone in B/S/T who would flip it for a dollar or two.

mp1990

Banned
fuck, I think I might be suffering from motion sickness :(

played F.E.A.R for about 35 minutes and now I want to throw up everything I've ever eaten in my life

I might be just overreacting but you can never know

Ruruja

Rhaknar it looks like they've got Japanese voices working with English text in steam discussions, I can't verify if it works though.

r3n4ud

Forgot to add the 'NOTHANKS' rule, so ya, grab and go!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Blades of the Righteous -- MB-F1701A38A861D157 - Taken by bloke
Mystica The Ninth Society -- MB-918E61B1DECC0CAB - Taken by gaiadyne
Spectrubes -- MB-8DD616D730C2ABC6 - Taken by trailmix16
Office Battle -- MB-5B84B65F024F4EB5 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Draw Rider -- MB-9D14F8D65FD0A18F - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Notrium -- MB-FE04CEC682842C1C - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Mindless Running -- MB-E1E83F2876BD9196 - Taken by bobnowhere
Curse of the Crescent Isle DX -- MB-3DD12F423D602A01 - Taken by Kifimbo
Gem Wars Attack of the Jiblets -- MB-57DBF75B5B17C12F - Taken by Costa1774
Rot Gut -- MB-E0AE70BE96CB4645 - Taken by madjoki

Status
Not open for further replies.