• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I read manga more than watch anime, hence why I'm a regular of the manga OT.

In other news, I two strikes on unfun games with Never Alone and Knight Squad. Here's to hoping I don't get an out.

Ugh u ppl and ur animu.

tumblr_nc297k0mwU1twyzr6o3_500.gif

Ruruja

I consume a lot of anime and manga but I don't let it bleed into SteamGAF because I'm a respectable human being. Also I can't believe I'm playing FFX on PC, what a time to be alive.

Mikurden

So what's left from SE? They're slowly running out of ports

FFT?

The Mana series (and the SaGa series too, I suppose) and tons of cool, semi-obscure one-offs (or two-offs) that I guess will never get ported like Brave Fencer Musashi and, if we include stuff they published, Bushido Blade, plus a bunch of SNES games like the Quintet-developed games and a couple others I can think of.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Are Steam-keys regionlocked now?
I cant even redeem my Gemini Heroes Reborn Key from Groupees.

Might be. I cant redeem Gemini Heroes...

Thats why I asked, thought that maybe something changed

haven't there been region locked Steam keys for a while now?

or am I missing something?

Yeah, they have been around forever but are luckily still rather rare

XCOM 2's Alien Hunters DLC is out now. The hunters apparently get a turn after every one of your solder's turns which I don't think I can deal with.

I am not prepared.
I consume a lot of anime and manga but I don't let it bleed into SteamGAF because I'm a respectable human being. Also I can't believe I'm playing FFX on PC, what a time to be alive.
tumblr_o6ru3wk4sW1qd73exo1_1280.png

The Mana series (and the SaGa series too, I suppose) and tons of cool, semi-obscure one-offs (or two-offs) that I guess will never get ported like Brave Fencer Musashi and, if we include stuff they published, Bushido Blade, plus a bunch of SNES games like the Quintet-developed games and a couple others I can think of.
The entire Dragon Quest lineup would be nice since they all have mobile ports too. Now that they realize there is money to be had with these FF ports we could very well see them all pretty quickly except 7 as it's based off the 3ds remake which isn't even out in America yet let alone phones.

and Secret of Evermore plz

derExperte

Why exactly?
Won't they provide keys for German users?

Keys of the cut version, no thanks. I mean I've activated locked keys in the past using VPN but this ain't Wolfenstein, not worth risking my account. Also the dev promised to remove the lock months ago and the store page doesn't even mention that Germans get a different version. Shady af.

Eila

Yup, gonna pick up FFX later today. It seems like a pretty solid port, and regional priced very nicely here.

Yeah at $12 it's insta buy territory for me. It's almost the same price as that FF IV sequel.
Shame they didn't add cards though, would've been nice to make a buck back.

Salsa

if Pocket Card Jockey was on Steam even at double the price (its a fucking steal at $7 on the eshop) its be the goty of half the people here

kinda funny/sad

game's amazing

I watched an anime once.

It had this guy with a red coat and there was this other guy who had a coffin full of guns.

I can't remember it's name, but that's the extent of my knowledge of the japanese cartoons known as anime.

Eila

The entire Dragon Quest lineup would be nice since they all have mobile ports too. Now that they realize there is money to be had with these FF ports we could very well see them all pretty quickly except 7 as it's based off the 3ds remake which isn't even out in America yet let alone phones.

The android ports of DQ are all in portrait mode, though. Not sure if they rebalanced the game to work with that layout.

NinjaEdit: I am now a slowpoke. It feels weird.
I watched an anime once.

It had this guy with a red coat and there was this other guy who had a coffin full of guns.

I can't remember it's name, but that's the extent of my knowledge of the japanese cartoons known as anime.

Trigun

Personally, I prefer the one that has a shrimp in a red coat and a five year old giant metal knight. They like to clap.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Keys of the cut version, no thanks. I mean I've activated locked keys in the past using VPN but this ain't Wolfenstein, not worth risking my account. Also the dev promised to remove the lock months ago and the store page doesn't even mention that Germans get a different version. Shady af.

I see...

Just read the Steam thread where this is discussed and it's really sad that stuff is still activation locked without any reason

Eila

Trigun was going to get a videogame like 10 years ago, they showed a teaser and then forgot about it :(
I imagine it was going to be like Gungrave, which are like DMC/Max Payne but not as good. I'd buy those two games for a tenner, just to replay them.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That will save some time since I usually click on the images to see the bigger versions. About videos, only 480p small versions load properly in every browser somehow, so it'd be cool if there was a toggle between the two video presets.

Copy that. The new version will have a toggle that will let you choose if you want to watch the video in SD or HD (where available).

72hUThU.png

iosefe

if Pocket Card Jockey was on Steam even at double the price (its a fucking steal at $7 on the eshop) its be the goty of half the people here

kinda funny/sad

game's amazing

i would like to second his recommendation

if you have a 3ds, you owe it to yourself

mp1990

Banned
Do you guys have a profile on My Anime List? It's a pretty cool network if you enjoy tracking your "progress" on animes, cataloging what you've already completed, arranging your backlog, and it work both for animes and mangas.

Here's my profile if you want to throw some shade at my bad taste.

zkylon

zkylewd
here's my cool anime gif

B7rj00Z.gif

kill la kill is the bestest

Do you guys have a profile on My Anime List? It's a pretty cool network if you enjoy tracking your "progress" on animes, cataloging what you've already completed, arranging your backlog, and it work both for animes and mangas.

i love doing these, here's mine

http://myanimelist.net/profile/zkylon

But 4 is the worst one..... imo... I mean it's still a good game but the others are just better... except for FM Alternative and Evolved of course :)
my personal order is

4 > 1 = 3 >>> 5

4 - best combat mechanics, looks great, characters aren't amazing but the story is solid and i enjoyed it. most of all it's the one that nails the combination of systems and has some really interesting new mechanics and systems (radars, coordinated attacks, mortars). the combat is so much fun
1 - best story of the series and really cool characters, as well as the best atmosphere and setting. the combat is really outdated but it's entertaining. i would love to see this game remade with modernized combat
3 - really bad story although the characters are pretty alright. i used to love this game's story when i was a kid but playing it not long ago left me pretty frightened at some seriously dark things that happen in that game that shouldn't have been brushed off as shitty as they did. like seriously. the combat in this one is pretty fucking bad but there's some cool stuff like ejecting ppl out of their mechs and special mechs and stuff. it also has pretty good atmosphere and it has amazing music and it has the internet thingie which is super fun too. AND it does the two separate stories that is mindblowing to me to this day. honestly this game has some big problems at parts but it had some awesome ideas
5 - i hated the story and hated the gameplay, having a billion soldiers just didn't work really out for me and the story just felt like it didn't make any sense. i blame the translation for that but it's just a boring game that i completely hated in almost every aspect of it. specially since it's very cinematic and everything but doesn't manage to capture the feeling of political intrigue of the other 3 that do most of the work with talking heads. it's also a really disappointing game considering i waited like a decade for it

haven't played 2 since the same group that translated 5 translated 2 and i'm not gonna bother.

so yeah i can see why someone wouldn't like 4, i remember not liking it at all when it was released, thinking the characters were boring and slow but i played the whole series again like a year or two ago and i just loved 4. it's the most refined combat in the series and going from that to the really shallow combat in 5 was really a bummer, specially with the weirdo story. maybe fm5 is alright if you can speak japanese but i'm only one argie

Only half way done with UC4, but Doom releases soon. DAMMIT I NEED MORE TIME lol.

I was 2 minutes late to that FFX HD price error this morning, boo :(

If you want to talk about bad taste :> http://myanimelist.net/profile/Fatal_Futanari

SSPssp

Groupees extra:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Masterplan -- MB-07BC1070257F9CB9 - Taken by Catshade

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
why ark survival, whyyyy

lol I was actually just testing some other stuff relating to pressing "Not interested" on something, and that happened to be the page I was on when I took the screenshot. So really the ironic answer is that I was on that page because I'm not interested in Ark. ;)

Interestingly enough: Ark is the game with the highest percentage of people not satisfied with the game's performance as according to Enhanced Steam's performance surveys. Must run like crap.

0kjeUHG.png

kagamin

I don't have one. And I don't really feel like making more accounts for stuff.

What website is it that compares Steam regional pricing again?
I know that alex is doing it for the joke but it really aint that complicated

theres a lot of systems to keep in mind in order to master the game but it has a nice curve and it keeps it fun and addicting troughout

You're killing me, Salsa. It's Dan Ryckert, not Alex "The Wolf" Navarro! The latter is in an entirely separate Giant Bomb studio.

And as an aside, Civ6 could really use a mature mode, going by the comments in the reveal thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom