• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-CD8C9CF37C03CD58 - Taken by neonglow. 88 entrants total.

t1463159514z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Neospartan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Neospartan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Age of Empires II HD -- MB-4FCE1CA8588A1B34 - Taken by Shalashaska. 12 entrants total.

t1463121766z1.png

You have to find the executable deep in the folders to get it to work, the execrable that shortcut lead to would only launch battle.net client.

I have tried to add the launcher and the games' exe but shift-tab still does not work. I even tried to add the Battle.net launcher itself on Steam, but still no good. I swear I was able to make them work before.

Not bad, just $2 more than FF14, another MMO I've been eager to start.

If I buy the latest expansion pack of WoW, will all the previous ones comes with it or do I have to buy each of them individually?

Right now, the base version of WoW with expansions up to Mists of Pandaria is $20, and it comes with a month of free play time.

It's $10 for the newest expansion, Warlords of Draenor, and that includes a level 90 boosted character.

If you want to pay for 3 months at once, you can pay the average of ~$12.99 like XIV.

orochi91

Right now, the base version of WoW with expansions up to Mists of Pandaria is $20, and it comes with a month of free play time.

It's $10 for the newest expansion, Warlords of Draenor, and that includes a level 90 boosted character.

If you want to pay for 3 months at once, you can pay the average of ~$12.99 like XIV.

Oh man, that's extremely tempting.

Now the choice comes down to either WoW or FF14, one of which will become my first ever MMO.

D:

It's likely just the make-up that's making her look that young.

Most female cosplayers I've run into are in their late 20's.

Indeed. But there's a growing trend of teens, and even children cosplayers as well nowadays.

Oh man, that's extremely tempting.

Now the choice comes down to either WoW or FF14, one of which will become my first ever MMO.

D:

As much as I loved WoW, I'd still recommend FFXIV.

But if you're not a FF fan, don't bother with it. The game is all about fanservice.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Only Blizzard game I've been interested in is Overwatch. Not into MMO's, MOBAs, or Card games really.

Then again I wasn't really into team shooters before the OW beta either. *shrug*

orochi91

WoW became an extremely annoying grind I regretted. Just sayin.

As much as I loved WoW, I'd still recommend FFXIV.

But if you're not a FF fan, don't bother with it. The game is all about fanservice.

I don't mind grinding in general, but more importantly, which of these two games can I solo relatively easily?

Sort of leaning towards FF14 because I've heard good things about the story, and since it's also the only modern FF I haven't played yet (same with FF11).

I don't mind grinding in general, but more importantly, which of these two games can I solo relatively easily?

Sort of leaning towards FF14 because I've heard good things about the story, and since it's also the only modern FF I haven't played yet.

World of Warcraft is far more solo friendly. The entire 1-100 experience is solo content at this point.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Sort of leaning towards FF14 because I've heard good things about the story, and since it's also the only modern FF I haven't played yet.
When I played, to roll with anyone you needed to be roughly around their level, which is super annoying to attain. When you get around to rolling with them it's all end fights, be it instance queues or raids. Everyone is already and nearly exclusively doing the new content because there is no way to play the old content without becoming way overleveled for it as you do. So while technically the storylines are there, the content is not there as a legitimate means of going through it. All that was designed for a progression that is gone now, and all MMO battles are for an endgame that is obsolete. It's all about the new endgame from the latest expansion and the old stories are probably only technically still there because Blizzard would have had to do more work to delete them. So there is no catching up on missed years for the newcomer, just jumping in and grinding on the new expansion to hopefully get near where players on the new expansion won't hate you.

I don't know if FF is better for a newcomer or person soloing, but WoW is garbage for that.

Doom finally overtook FFX/X2 on top sellers it seems.
gABQfNX.jpg

So Doom is good, huh. Good.

Reviewed very well at 92% positive.

I'd like to see numbers of these two games :p

Doom will be much more, no doubt. But I hope FFX is doing well.

Judging from the all-time peak which is currently sitting at 3k, it's way lower than FFIX which has 8k all-time peak players on launch day. FFX will have around 50k owners by next week, I guess.

Only Blizzard game I've been interested in is Overwatch. Not into MMO's, MOBAs, or Card games really.

Then again I wasn't really into team shooters before the OW beta either. *shrug*

You should play Diablo 3 then.

orochi91

World of Warcraft is far more solo friendly. The entire 1-100 experience is solo content at this point.

When I played, to roll with anyone you needed to be roughly around their level, which is super annoying to attain. When you get around to rolling with them it's all end fights, be it instance queues or raids. Everyone is already and nearly exclusively doing the new content because there is no way to play the old content without becoming way overleveled for it as you do. So while technically the storylines are there, the content is not there as a legitimate means of going through it. All that was designed for a progression that is gone now, and all MMO battles are for an endgame that is obsolete. It's all about the new endgame from the latest expansion and the old stories are probably only technically still there because Blizzard would have had to do more work to delete them. So there is no catching up on missed years for the newcomer, just jumping in and grinding on the new expansion to hopefully get near where players on the new expansion won't hate you.

I don't know if FF is better for a newcomer or person soloing, but WoW is garbage for that.

Some divergent views here, but I appreciate the input nonetheless.

I'll do more research on these games before pulling the trigger.

Cheers, guys.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm not sure we disagree. 1-100 solo in the Draenor storyline is easier than ever from everything I have read. However, if you think going and doing any of the stuff before Draenor is going to be cool, it's not. You have to pretty much start a new character for each expansion and intentionally avoid accidentally starting questlines from expansions that overlap the same areas in the world, then they aren't really fun to solo and classes all have their balancing set to Draenor now anyway, and hardly anyone is doing the old content to jump in with them for the instances and raids which are the high points for each expansion storyline. If you could somehow find a guild that wanted to dedicate themselves to going through each old expansion together, it would technically be possible to have a good time then, but otherwise it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom