• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished UC4, time for DoOoOoOoOoM

Q7v9XGimCd5WE.gif

Vape Naysh y'all

LMAO holy shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
aldritch covenant rank 1 finally finished

only mound makers and farron watchdogs remaining, but those two are gonna take forever

this is not fun and i really hate from for putting me into this shitty position of grinding the achievements instead of jumping straight to ng+

i know it's stupid but getting all the achievements on my "main character" is part of my ritual with these games and i feel like this is even worse than the demons souls stuff

Don't know who she is cosplaying as, but found out in reddit that it is D.va. Still don't know who D.va is so I googled for more images about her. Found nsfw image in Google Image Search...
Thank you...

i mean

gs2KSjg.png

yeah

Hektor

aldritch covenant rank 1 finally finished

only mound makers and farron watchdogs remaining, but those two are gonna take forever

this is not fun and i really hate from for putting me into this shitty position of grinding the achievements instead of jumping straight to ng+

i know it's stupid but getting all the achievements on my "main character" is part of my ritual with these games and i feel like this is even worse than the demons souls stuff

Doesn't really sound like a fun way to play these games. Or any game really. Don't you fear of burning out if you do that?

Deques

Bought FFX/X-2 and is now part of my FF collection

7kkU3DJ.png

FFX/X-2 is correctly listed, but why haven't Square Enix fixed FFIX yet?

Garou

7kkU3DJ.png

Because to fix this they would have to rewrite the Alphabet :p (or Steam would have to implement custom sorting like iTunes)

As it's still early days, much of the positivity is simply due to the fact that the PC version is solid.

Well, while it's true but that doesn't stop people from hammering The Division back then. But it was all due to connectivity issues though, so it's another point for Doom. I've also read several reviews on single player campaign being good.

7kkU3DJ.png

You should buy Type-0 and be ready to pull your hair out.

Anyway, FF games aren't listed by roman numerals. They're sorted by letter.

FLD

Completely messed up ordering is so common that it really makes me wonder if devs just aren't aware that they can force a proper sorting order. The Ys games are also all mixed up.

I'm sure there are others but Ubisoft with AC are the only ones I've seen actually make use of the feature.

3KkzchY.png

I mean, if Ubisoft of all people can figure this out no one else has any excuse.

dex3108

So Doom is fun, very well optimized on both PC and consoles, looks great, feels great, has mod tools day 1 and even with all of that Bethesda managed to do really poor marketing for it.

Bluth54

I wonder what Valve will do in response.

Probably nothing for another decade. TF2 is old.

Valve has been serious about re-balancing TF2, listening to the community and doing competitive matchmaking for the past year. While I don't think Overwatch was the only factor in them making a big change to how they handled TF2 (there was certainly a lot of negativity in the TF2 community about how they were handling TF2 in 2013 and 2014 that also helped I'm sure) but I'm sure it was a big cause. They were really just taking TF2 for granted in 2013 and 2014 and it hasn't felt like that to me since Gun Mettle last July.

Ryne

Anyone successfully downsampled the FFX remaster? I use Nvidia's DSR, but the screen becomes huge and I can't get to play as I only see a small part of the screen.

Parsnip

Both Danganronpas got updates?

Anyone knows why?

DR:AE imminent?
Dangan1
[5/13/2016 PATCH] Release Notes
Hello everyone,

We released a patch on May 13, 2016 that addresses the following issues:

All Platforms

Fixed a minor glitch with the captions in the investigation sequences.
Fixed an issue where saving the game while traversing a doorway would cause the save slot to become unusable.
Fixed a crash that would occur when starting the game at low resolutions.
Fixed an issue occurring for some users where free roam keyboard controls malfunctioned while a gamepad was plugged in.
Possibly fixed an issue where game audio would get out-of-sync on some drivers.
Possibly fixed a rare issue causing save slots to become corrupted.
Various minor fixes and improvements.

Windows

Fixed alt-tab when in fullscreen in D3D mode.
Dangan2
Hello everyone,

All Platforms

Fixed a number of typos in the dialogue texts
Fixed a crash that would occur when starting the game at low resolutions.
Fixed an issue occurring for some users where free roam keyboard controls malfunctioned while a gamepad was plugged in.
Possibly fixed an issue where game audio would get out-of-sync on some drivers.
Possibly fixed a rare issue causing save slots to become corrupted.
Various minor fixes and improvements.

Windows

Fixed alt-tab when in fullscreen in D3D mode.

Anyone successfully downsampled the FFX remaster? I use Nvidia's DSR, but the screen becomes huge and I can't get to play as I only see a small part of the screen.
Disable DPI scaling from the game executable and use fullscreen option in the game.

kurahador

Also why nobody is talking about Doom? Is the game so bad people already forgot about it?

Everyone is still downloading it. Plus it seems like review sites only get to play it the same day as consumer.

My god Doom Season Pass is just $6 less than the full game here.

Ludens

Banned
Everyone is still downloading it. Plus it seems like review sites only get to play it the same day as consumer.

My god Doom Season Pass is just $6 less than the full game here.

I find funny the fact a season pass for Doom is a thing, a franchise (with Half-Life) always equivalent of "solid single-player experience".
I will take the game when 75% or so, both Wolf games were solid and good, but the fact ID is focusing on the multiplayer experience is a bad thing for me.
Expecially considering the Doom multiplayer feels like a poor bastardized Halo with some Evolve mechanics. If you want to do a multi, ID, look at Quake 3 Arena and simply do something similar, with ton weapons and a true skill needed.

Ryne

Thanks Parsnip, that did the trick.

Nostalgia washed all over me while playing FFX this morning, FFX-2 was my favourite FF to date.

Anyone play that Goliath game on that launched?

Anyone play that Battle Zone 98 Redux, yet?

Really interested in opinions in either game.

Also the Metro FPSes is on sale at a heavily reduced prices as well as the Disciples series.

Tizoc

Hmmm
GOG.com has Darksiders duology on sale for a rather cheap price.
Do I really want DRM-free ver. of those games though....

Dangan2

Hello everyone,

All Platforms

Fixed a number of typos in the dialogue.

Really hope this is true. Aside from the horrible mini-games, another thing I hated about Dangan2 was the handful of typos and grammatical errors found in the game. It kind of put me off a little in regards to the story. I'm guessing NISA was in a rush to release it on the Vita back then.

Thanks for the Dangan updates@Parsnip

But yeah. Actually I feel like the minigames in Dangan2 were just introduced to lengthen the game. I played the 3rd case yesterday and the investigation was like 10 minutes long, but the courtroom case feels like it takes forever, because even the Hangman Gambit takes so long, because you have to wait till those letters arrive.
I also think somehow the cases themselves feel worse than the ones in 1.

Spoilers for the 2nd Dangan2 case:

In the first game everything seemed like you can solve them and know who the killer might be after the investigation.
In Dangan 2 somehow nothing much even hints to that sword girl being the Killer. I mean she is the hitman for the Yakuza family. How can you deduct that? There is like nothing that hints that she is the killer besides when she came in wet.

Regginator

Hmmm
GOG.com has Darksiders duology on sale for a rather cheap price.
Do I really want DRM-free ver. of those games though....

if you already have them on steam, i don't know why you should bother. unless you expect to be without internet for the next couple of weeks and you think darksiders will scratch that offline itch.

other than that, by all means. more darksiders sales probably equals darksiders 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom