• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Groupees added keys for the cut German version of Gemini.

Quote to reveal mine, I'm still hoping the publisher removes the region lock.

Ludens

Banned
IO released another Hitman patch. Guess what?
Yeah, they broke the game again. Now there's no sound. Really, those dudes are simply unable to release a patch.
EVERY SINGLE PATCH broke the game.

Judging by their posts, I won't miss most of those people tbh.

Seriously, I can't believe so many got worked out just because Uncharted was compared to an walking simulator lol.
The issue is not that (ban reason) but that the article itself is different then what people think by the thread setup. So it's more a case of "didn't read but still posted crap about EG" that led to bans. That's my take at least.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala Majesco Bundle

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

BloodRayne Betrayal (STEAM) +
Grapple (STEAM) +
Krautscape (STEAM)

Pay $2.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 10 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

A Boy and His Blob (STEAM) +
Advent Rising (STEAM) +
Costume Quest 2 (STEAM) +
BloodRayne (STEAM) +
BloodRayne 2 (STEAM) +
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche (STEAM) +
Double Dragon: Neon (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/majesco

edit: *shakes fist*

Parsnip

I don't mind the sheer number of UC4 threads, but I do find it odd that there's a separate screenshot thread for it. I guess the regular console screenshot thread can't hold all the Uncharted? I'm going to guess it's probably not the first one, and I'm also going to guess that other games with their own dedicated screenshot threads are Sony exclusives.

Just a wild guess.

Wow, you're not joking. Incredible. texhnolyze from here is also a goner.
RIP
Judging by their posts, I won't miss most of those people tbh.

Seriously, I can't believe so many got worked out just because Uncharted was compared to an walking simulator lol.
There are some games that are simply untouchable in some gamers' minds.
As weird as that is.

Eila

Finally getting around playing Grandia 2, which I bought at launch.
Sound mixing kind of sucks in this game but I'm liking the battle system. Game does seem a tad easy, but I'm coming after Trails in the Sky SC hard mode, so that's probably it.
Also, someone recently released a mod that replaces the heavily compressed music with high quality music ripped from the OSTs. It's quite the difference.
Apparently it was a ton of effort because they did some weird shit with the music looping in this game.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Yoooo costume quest 2 finally got bundled?? It's too bad I don't want anything else in that bundle, I would've jumped in for a boy and his blob too if I didn't already get it from that humble bundle.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Whenever I hear the name A Boy & his blob I need to think for a second, since "blob" is slang for condoms in the UK

Ludens

Banned
Groupees added keys for the cut German version of Gemini.

Quote to reveal mine, I'm still hoping the publisher removes the region lock.

Umh, I redeemed the german key because I was curious to see if I would be able to redeem it or Steam would give me "Product already owned", but the key redeemed, so what version Steam will download and install?
Because I have only one entry in my library.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Whenever I hear the name A Boy & his blob I need to think for a second, since "blob" is slang for condoms in the UK

I always think of this

(JamieF)__Blob(1988)2.jpg

Lain

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791432924331#announcements/detail/604984128482180560

BloodRayne Betrayal (STEAM)
Grapple (STEAM)
Krautscape (STEAM)

A Boy and His Blob (STEAM)
Advent Rising (STEAM)
Costume Quest 2 (STEAM)
BloodRayne (STEAM)
BloodRayne 2 (STEAM)
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche (STEAM)
Double Dragon: Neon (STEAM)

Indie Gala Majesco Bundle

BloodRayne Betrayal (STEAM) +
Grapple (STEAM) +
Krautscape (STEAM)

A Boy and His Blob (STEAM) +
Advent Rising (STEAM) +
Costume Quest 2 (STEAM) +
BloodRayne (STEAM) +
BloodRayne 2 (STEAM) +
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche (STEAM) +
Double Dragon: Neon (STEAM) +

https://www.indiegala.com/majesco

edit: *shakes fist*

mp1990

Banned
The issue is not that (ban reason) but that the article itself is different then what people think by the thread setup. So it's more a case of "didn't read but still posted crap about EG" that led to bans. That's my take at least.

But, I mean, if the article was something like "Is Uncharted more like the Tomb Raider movies than the games?" (this is obviously nonsense but I'm trying to make a point here), there wouldn't be no outrage burst. The sheer fact that so many people associate walking simulators to "pretentious artsy bullshit" and we end up getting all those meltdowns is funny and saddening at the same time.

Phawx

I don't particularly care about the number of threads made or anything, but let's not pretend that Sony fans aren't a bit more zealous than others, either.

Sony exclusive games get more threads than Microsoft exclusives.
Multiplatform games often get Sony-specific threads. (I remember this one with the Witcher 3)
Multiplatforms games, especially ones that are PC and PS4 only, usually only get threads referencing the existence of the PS4 version. (To be fair here, this is because many of these threads seem to be sourced from the Sony blog, so it makes some sense but is frequent enough to be annoying)

This is mostly a function of the PS4 being the leader in the market, so it's whatever. But let's not give them a free pass, either.

The easiest way to determine these people was in the X360 Vs. DS3 debates. Luckily the DS4 is actually a good controller so now they can admit the DS3 was garbage.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791432924331#announcements/detail/604984128482180560

Grapple (STEAM)
Krautscape (STEAM)

Advent Rising (STEAM)
Costume Quest 2 (STEAM)
BloodRayne (STEAM)
BloodRayne 2 (STEAM)

Majesco HQ is around 40 minutes away from me. I really want to go there and just record trying to get into the place. Is it just a large empty building? So many questions.

But, I mean, if the article was something like "Is Uncharted more like the Tomb Raider movies than the games?" (this is obviously nonsense but I'm trying to make a point here), there wouldn't be no outrage burst. The sheer fact that so many people associate walking simulators to "pretentious artsy bullshit" and we end up getting all those meltdowns is funny and saddening at the same time.
Oh yeah agree. Walking Simulator term has sadly gotten a negative connotation to it.
The easiest way to determine these people was in the X360 Vs. DS3 debates. Luckily the DS4 is actually a good controller so now they can admit the DS3 was garbage.
I love my DS3 :'(

And I don't own a console.

Anteater

Grapple (STEAM)
Krautscape (STEAM)

Advent Rising (STEAM)
Costume Quest 2 (STEAM)
BloodRayne (STEAM)
BloodRayne 2 (STEAM)

mother fuckers, could've saved a buck on a boy and his blob if I waited

yeah, I like the DS3, the sticks position is actually the reason I like it too which for some reason a lot of people hate

Phawx

Oh yeah agree. Walking Simulator term has sadly gotten a negative connotation to it.

Sorry Veg. Loose, Slippery, Convex analog sticks and sloped convex trigger buttons are terrible

yeah, I like the DS3, the sticks position is actually the reason I like it too which for some reason a lot of people hate

Yea, I don't comment on symmetrical stick placement. But categorically, the feel, texture, design, tension on the analog sticks are inferior to X360/DS4. I actually prefer the DS4 over the X1 controller.

I still mainly use a wired 360 controller for PC gaming though. Trying to move over to the Steam Controller a bit at a time.

Sorry Veg. Loose, Slippery, Convex analog sticks and sloped convex trigger buttons are terrible.
I don't like that the R2/L2 triggers accidentally activate sometime when putting the controller down. The sticks I haven't had any issues but I have to say the X1 controller's sticks look nice. I also remember the DS2 sticks having much more resistance when trying to move them.
Still, I never really thought about getting another controller when gaming. It feels very nice to use.

Parsnip

I accidentally killed an npc in demon's souls because of those Dualshock3 triggers. Was standing in front one, put the controller next to me on the sofa and one the triggers just pushed in on their own and managed to hit the dude twice before I noticed what was happening. I then naturally had to put him out of his misery because was aggroed now.

I later learned that killing Yurt was a blessing in disguise.

Anteater

Yea, I don't comment on symmetrical stick placement. But categorically, the feel, texture, design, tension on the analog sticks are inferior to X360/DS4. I actually prefer the DS4 over the X1 controller.

I still mainly use a wired 360 controller for PC gaming though. Trying to move over to the Steam Controller a bit at a time.

yeah, I only really prefer the DS3 because of the stick placement, but I don't have problem with either, I'd use a DS4 but I happen to still have like 3 dualshocks around so I just use those lol

I spent the money on a steam controller tho since that's way different,I really like it after spending a few days but only after messing with the settings a bit with the games I play

derExperte

Playing FIFA, using a DS3, 1:1, running along the sideline, close to the goal, this is it, but then, thumb slowly loses grip, sweating, thumb almost off the stick, more sweat, screams, violence, police.

kagamin

As long as my DS3 keeps working for Project Diva and other games, I see no reason to do away with it. I'm sure as hell not playing Project Diva with an Xbox type controller.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of uncredited male, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster -- MB-CD8C9CF37C03CD58 - Taken by neonglow. 88 entrants total.

t1463159514z1.png

Tizoc

You're not far from the mark. Having played the game and am at the final 2 chapters, much of the game is more Adventure than shooty bangy. There are a few nice puzzles and straight forward platforming.

Phawx

I don't like that the R2/L2 triggers accidentally activate sometime when putting the controller down. The sticks I haven't had any issues but I have to say the X1 controller's sticks look nice. I also remember the DS2 sticks having much more resistance when trying to move them.
Still, I never really thought about getting another controller when gaming. It feels very nice to use.

yeah, I only really prefer the DS3 because of the stick placement, but I don't have problem with either, I'd use a DS4 but I happen to still have like 3 dualshocks around so I just use those lol

I spent the money on a steam controller tho since that's way different,I really like it after spending a few days but only after messing with the settings a bit with the games I play

Yea, if it's what you got then sure. One of the best advantages to the DS3 is it's compatibility with damn near everything including Android.

As far as PC controllers go my thoughts are thus:

DS4 > X360 > X1 > Steam Controller > OG Xbox S controller > DS3

I don't own an X1 Elite controller, I'll get one if they ever go on sale though I am pretty disappointed with the X1 in general. I was hoping for a refined 360 controller and it seems like they tweaked the design *a bit* too much. It feels far smaller in the hand which is nice, the rumble in the trigger is very nice (obviously only applies to X1 games) but the face buttons are a step in the wrong direction and the DPAD (while leagues better than the 360 controller) still isn't that great.

I think my perfect controller would be some frankencontroller.

The DPAD from the PS Vita, the 360 face buttons on a slighter more angular X1 controller build. I'd like that a lot.

Though I have to be honest, with as much a Nabs pimps the Steam controller and some of the layouts I've been looking at, I have been investing more time into getting into the feel of the Steam controller.

It still feels a bit alien to me, but I really want to work at feeling like an extension of my thoughts. Much like the 360 controller is with me now.

That's a lot of sweating.

Hahaha :)

I'm telling you man, the DS3 texture + the convex design make for maximum slippage

I won this the other day, but I also won Strider and I want to give this back, thanks to chronomac for the original giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-7764FD56D0BEB4B2 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.

t1463167338z1.png

DjRalford

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DjRalford, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow of Mordor GOTY -- MB-94DCEE352CB12063 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 29 entrants total.

t1463166915z1.png
The

I'm curious how this thread hasn't become a graveyard yet
"Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why" - by H.Bomberguy
Some of those replies yeesh.
I bet you any video PRAISING a game won't get such flak.

It's the replies claiming that you shouldn't criticize a game because it's old. It makes no sense. If you don't want to take the time to watch it then fair enough but to just claim there is no point in the video whatsoever is insane. Criticism is too often exclusively used as a barometer to whether someone should or should not purchase a game but we should be able to use it as a discussion point. We cannot.

Lomax

That's an impressive bundle from IndieGala, I really should get around to playing costume quest 2 but at this point I'll probably just wait until Halloween.

Kiru

Anyone know how to make Steam overlay work on Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2?

I do it with a script, but I heard you can do it with a launcher option too. I like my script solution tho. I can upload it if you want to try it.

I doubt you will read this... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom