• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Because I enjoy entertaining fiction?

Games don't need to have a deep backstory to be fun unless they're story-driven. But if your game happens to have interesting lore and characters, it's an added draw for me.

I wasn't trying to say that TF2 isn't fun, or that TF2 needs deeper plot and characters. I was saying that I'd love a single-player game set in the Overwatch universe because I think they've created a universe that invites that kind of exploration. TF2 doesn't do that, IMO. The backstory and characters work in the context of the game, but it's not a setting that I'd want to spend time exploring. It's not a "place", it's a punchline. And that's perfectly fine for what it is.

Ah, ok. I think I see where you are coming from.

Nice giveaway Jase, awfully kind of you.

Also, those Overwatch animated shorts are the real deal. Blizz needs to get to work on a full length series or movie or something. Way too much talent there.

iosefe

people have asked for blizzard to make a movie for years.

they finally answer the call and it's a Live action film. they could definitely make a movie in the style of these overwatch shorts.

rtcn63

Updating my drivers let me launch the game. Can't get a stable 60fps/1080p on low settings with 670 though.

The default shotgun feels anemic. No kick. Hopefully the mods will help.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm gonna win!

Also just finished wolfenstein, it feels a bit dragged on at the end with a silly boss, and also this is like one of those times where I didn't figure out a game mechanic until I was almost done with the game, didn't use those high damage ammos until I was having trouble killing those armor dudes that can take a million shots to kill. Ended up getting used to the steam controller quite a bit from playing the game.

yeah that final boss is not very much fun

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(Because everyone -- okay, most people -- deserve a second chance.)

tonannyqueeniswedgsy13.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Doom Plus pre-order DLC -- MB-EBCCC44848D7DC7D - Taken by Javier23. 45 entrants total.

t1463426504z1.png

Tellaerin

people have asked for blizzard to make a movie for years.

they finally answer the call and it's a Live action film. they could definitely make a movie in the style of these overwatch shorts.

Maybe Blizz will try to get in on the CG movie action if Kingsglaive does well for Square.

(Because everyone -- okay, most people -- deserve a second chance.)

You are gloriously insane, sir. Congratulations in advance to the winner, whoever you may be. :)

Monooboe

My cellphone service provider is going to hate me downloading DOOM... but they do offer no-cap 50mbit 4G, so they can't come complaining.:D

I saw that Warcraft trailer, the orc woman looks so out of place next to the CGI orcs.

I think I need to reset the trivia giveaway I had going based on what Stump wrote.

Gat out of Hell is budget but it kind of works. The powers shit is getting stale to me though.

JaseC

where are cheap doom keys at

I just bought them from CD Keys, hence the possibility of having mistyped a character. ~AUD$55 each, though, so not exactly cheap.

But it's okay because I'm a viral marketer for The Witch. :p

Javier23

Banned
I know you said not to thank you, JaseC, but after making my day this way y'all can expect bundle leftovers until kingdom come. Nah, but seriously now, let's see how I can eventually give back on my meager college student budget, but I gotta try. This is just way too amazing.

So the might n9 digital platform survey gives me a broken link. This game just keeps on giving.

Same. Emailed comcept about it, waiting for a response.

Heh

You vpned Doom huh?

I did this too, but I think it only restricted me from using my mobile to list items... my other browser sessions still work fine.

Just buy SOMA and Life is Strange.

No.

Rocket League is the early game in the Monthly Humble Bundle, sure the rest of the bundle is blind, but that discount makes it a pretty worth while punt.

If you're interested in Rocket League and are willing to pay the $12 (or $10.80 if you bought a recent humble and have a coupon). Personally, Rocket League being in next month's has me considering cancelling finally.

Axiom Verge, Concrete Jungle, Party Hard, Convoy, DarkMaus, Towerclimb, Undertale, FFVI (I know the port sucks, but I need to play it in a legit way one day) discounted by 75%.
DOTT, Stardew, Mega Man Legacy Collection discounted by 50%.

Realistically that's not going to happen.
I see 50% at most for the first ones, and 33% for the second ones.

Good luck with that; might be worthwhile to check nuuvem for MMLC, I seem to recall people getting it cheaply from there.

And I got a Feist -75% voucher out of nowhere.

Same. Currently debating if it's worth the $3.75 it gets knocked down to with the coupon.

Any chance DARK SOULS II: Scholar of the First Sin will be any cheaper during the Steam summer sale than it is on Gamersgate right now [$13.60]

Probably not? None of us work for Bandai Namco or have crystal balls to see the future with. As Kagamin pointed out, that's the lowest recorded price for it ever, so if you want to play it, it might be worth getting in on.

I guess this was fate.

I got off of work early and decided to pick up Doom, let's see how this goes first.

Enjoy your martian Skyrim with guns.

JaseC

stream yourself playing the whole ass creed series without using counters

My excuse back when I had an ADSL connection was "I don't have the upload speed", but my excuse now is, well, still that, since I'm at mate's place... however if I weren't, it'd be "I don't wanna". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom