• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

You can get Deathsmiles for less than half price on Nuuvem, no paypal lock. Just need a VPN. Same for Enter the Gungeon.

Wow, wtf? Enter the Gungeon is like 6,5€ with the currency exchange! Does anyone care to explain me step by step how to buy from Nuuvem?

Oh this is the part of the pre-sale period in which everyone says "I'm not going to buy much/anything, the discounts will probably suck" before actually buying like 20+ games when the sale actually starts, huh?
I don't just say it. Been ages since I got something for myself through Steam in a sale.

Wow, wtf? Enter the Gungeon is like 6,5€ with the currency exchange! Does anyone care to explain me step by step how to buy from nuuvem?

Use VPN to switch to Brazil. Add Gungeon to your cart. Get to payment and get ready to pay by PayPal. Switch off of Brazil, back to your regular location. Pay using PayPal. Wait for that key e-mail, or, better yet, go back to nuuvem with the VPN on to go to your game collection area to grab the key there.

EDIT: You might need make an account but I don't think you need to be getting your VPN on to do so.

kagamin

Even those aren't, I want an action game aficionado to review it.

If people bother enough to put their opinion and explain themselves and why they like or dislike the game then they're reliable in my mind, you're asking for something very specific here and you'll have to realize that not everyone can cater like that, if you wanna be the savior of action games reviews you'll have to do it yourself. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Just for curiosity, how much of a discount do you guys consider significant? I think if those titles received a 30-40% discount I'd grab them almost instantly.

The reason I wouldn't necessarily grab them instantly is that I have 99999999 titles in my backlog and so if those things will be bundled or dropped to 50-66% off by the /next/ major sale, I'd rather not get them this sale.

Really, the times to buy a game without risking getting fleeced are:
1) The price is lower than it ever has been or will be in the future (in the entry tier of a bundle, obvious -98% type price error, etc)
2) The price is lower than it ever has been and I sincerely plan on playing it to completion / substantially before it ever gets lower and this is a better decision than just playing something I already have.
3) I have some specific fear it will be pulled from purchase later and now is the time to strike.

Endruen

Use VPN to switch to Brazil. Add Gungeon to your cart. Get to payment and get ready to pay by PayPal. Switch off of Brazil, back to your regular location. Pay using PayPal. Wait for that key e-mail, or, better yet, go back to nuuvem with the VPN on to go to your game collection area to grab the key there.

EDIT: You might need make an account but I don't think you need to be getting your VPN on to do so.

Thank you! I've never used a VPN before, which one should I use?

Arthea

I'm joining crowd of "not buying games during the summer sale unless discounts are great".
In fact I shouldn't buy anything, but that probably not gonna happen

rtcn63

Let's be honest we're all waiting for those uber rare price mistakes because we're terrible people. Even if its a game we don't want to play, just for that sweet high.

Hektor

Pillars of Eternity II is in production

Doesn't surprise me that it got greenlit.

Naisu~~

That ending.
photo.jpg
photo.jpg
photo.jpg

Tellaerin

Why they use japanese letters in game logo (even if that game don't support this language)? To attract some weeaboos?

I would've guessed it was to capture the feel of those cool Japan-only titles that the rest of the world had to import if they wanted to play.

But sure, I guess they could be trying to appeal to people who'll buy anything as long as it's Japanese, too. *shrug*

Just for curiosity, how much of a discount do you guys consider significant? I think if those titles received a 30-40% discount I'd grab them almost instantly.
75%, I won't bother with anything less, too big of a backlog to add more stuff unless it's really cheap.

zkylon

zkylewd
pretty great, really drew a surprising amount of emotion from those characters, good job blizz

i also really enjoy how it adds some lore to one of the maps of the game and it actually uses the abilities from the game mostly in the same way they appear in the game (genji parrying hanzo's ult)

that's always a problem in league videos, they take waaaaay too much creative freedom with the spells

Pillars of Eternity II is in production

Doesn't surprise me that it got greenlit.
sweet

zkylon

zkylewd
i think it'd be really nice if they added like short single player campaigns for each champion

would be fun to get some lore for each champion that way and have a few missions tailor made for them. you get maybe a bit of platforming with pharah, you get a lot of slow dudes to outpace with tracer, lots of exploding barrels with junkrat, etc.

idk, i think that'd be fun

but i love overwatch as it is, i prefer a mp shooter to be 100% mp than have a sp campaign and be more expensive

Parsnip

From Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD log file:

Code:
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreColorCorrection.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] 
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreMLAA.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreDepthOfField.fx.phyre
[FFX_section_data_win32] ../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/Shaders/D3D11/PhyreGlow.fx.phyre
(...)
../../../FFX_Data/GameData/PS3Data/menu/loading/D3D11/ld00.dds.phyre

Does it use PhyreEngine?
As far as I recall, the console ports did.
So probably.

Maybe that was where the "it uses some Sony tech so it will never be ported" rumor came from. As if Phyre game hadn't been on other platforms before.

Lomax

Oh this is the part of the pre-sale period in which everyone says "I'm not going to buy much/anything, the discounts will probably suck" before actually buying like 20+ games when the sale actually starts, huh?

All I bought in the winter sale was some pinball tables that I had almost bought at full price previously. If daily deals are still gone I doubt this summer will be much different. My card money has mostly dried up so there's just little motivation to buy directly from Steam any more. I'm sure I'll get something because I almost always do, but I can't see my buying habits (ie bundles and such) in the next month being any different because I know the summer sale is coming, and that's sad in a way, but I'm sure that's the point most people in this thread are at now.

Tellaerin

Do you guys wish TF2 was a singleplayer game too? :p

I dunno, TF2's backstory and characters aren't something that grabs me the way Overwatch has. Maybe because Overwatch plays its more dramatic aspects relatively straight, whereas TF2 always felt more like black comedy through and through. With Overwatch, there's the sense of a legit universe there, one I'd enjoy exploring in more depth than you can in a multiplayer hero shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom