• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
hey grief, wanna have that league debate, need a neutral arbiter

who's up for it!

My excuse back when I had an ADSL connection was "I don't have the upload speed", but my excuse now is, well, still that, since I'm at mate's place... however if I weren't, it'd be "I don't wanna". ;)
i think i'm good for regular streams but like league is like insta 1k ping if i try to stream

argie isps really screw u on the upload speed so i'm guessing my future as a professional streamer is over before it started

but ass creed collecting funtimes with saoirse is something i'd def have playing in the background while i do something else

Don't tell JaseC or he may regret me ending up with the game, but there's probably no franchise in existence that I dislike more, so if that's gonna please you I'll do it :(
sorry, but the evil in me makes me make such suggestions

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great giveaway, too bad I missed both!

And this move sucked major balls...I was really hoping it would be good, but I was so bored throughout.

I enjoyed it... but I have to agree with those who feel that isn't really a horror film. It seeks to create an atmosphere of unease rather than outright scare. I fucking loved the focus on Old English as the communicative language, though. I mean, I knew I going in that the film was subtitled "A New England Folktale", but I wasn't expecting it to dive head first into Old English and stay there (Black Phillip aside). I like words.

A point-n-click adventure game akin to phoenix wright/monkey island set in neo-san fransico in the near future where you're a journalist who gets paired up with a little blue bot to solve a mystery. The game has four different endings and several different paths to those endings depending on your actions towards some of the characters so there's a reason to go back and play it once you've finished it once. The characters are all well-developed, the artwork is great, and has a soundtrack that made me boot up the game just to listen to some of the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxMeF0euZk&index=5&list=PLwWgom5vWEjz4n2bX3_LEOBU2iiY6DCot

There will be an update before the year ends that adds voice acting/more animations/new characters that'll be free to everyone who already owns the game (which I'm sure is most of you since it's been bundled a couple of times). Considering its replay-value I would play it now and then again once the update comes to get the endings you missed.

Parsnip

Missed the MOOD raffles but I'm not too upset, I never win anything and I'm not really super interested in doom anyway.

Dodged that bullet.

Asgaro

Heh, was gonna post the same.

I was actually following the thread (dem study distractions) with that extension, but got sidetracked for a while right at the wrong time :/

Screenshot%20%2814%29.png

JaseC

i think i'm good for regular streams but like league is like insta 1k ping if i try to stream

argie isps really screw u on the upload speed so i'm guessing my future as a professional streamer is over before it started

Oh god, don't remind me. Even if you have a "perfect" ADSL2+ connection, you can't be uploading at more than a quarter or so of your upload speed without feeling as though you've been relegated to dial-up. Copper is awful for data transmission.

Monooboe

Oh god, don't remind me. Even if you have a "perfect" ADSL2+ connection, you can't be uploading at more than a quarter or so of your upload speed without feeling as though you've been relegated to dial-up. Copper is awful for data transmission.

I have nightmares about bad ADSL connections. Once I had such bad connection that it would disconnect constantly whenever it snowed.(being in northern Sweden, that's huge part of the year.) But yeah I remember getting Battlefield 2142 for Christmas and then trying to play it was such a sour experience... though the game was awesome when I actually got to play.

JaseC

I have nightmares about bad ADSL connections. Once I had such bad connection that it would disconnect constantly whenever it snowed.(being in northern Sweden, that's huge part of the year.) But yeah I remember getting Battlefield 2142 for Christmas and then trying to play it was such a sour experience... though the game was awesome when I actually got to play.

I remember an unfortunate Telstra tech coming out one morning to fix our line fault only for him to return mere hours later because it'd rained. ADSL is awful. I don't miss it at all. These days, though? Bad weather? Ha! Treadmill? Ha. (No, really.)

Edit: Ah, crap, forgot to switch tabs.

rtcn63

Beat the intro mission of Doom

1) I can't reliably lock the framerate to 30. Not with the in-game options, Rivatuner, or Nvidia control panel...

2) Which sucks because I can't get a stable 60fps on lowest settings. I did drop the resolution scale to 75% which helped. Maybe it's because my card only has 2GB of vram?

3) I like the game. Don't love it. Didn't get awed at any point. Playing on Ultra-Violence, and I've learned to map the local area beforehand since there are just so many enemies to deal with. If I have to, I'll run straight to the next room.

4) I really wished the guns had more oomph, but I guess it would get in the way of the speedy combat. Still. Pistols sound like literal pea shooters.

Monooboe

I remember an unfortunate Telstra tech coming out one morning to fix our line fault only for him to return mere hours later because it'd rained. ADSL is awful. I don't miss it at all. These days, though? Bad weather? Ha! Treadmill? Ha. (No, really.)

Edit: Ah, crap, forgot to switch tabs.

Haha, exercise or internet, seems like such an easy choice.XD Also same happened to me at another place with the rep coming several times to try and fix it and they never could, turned out that the phone line from the neighbour somehow interfered with my connection, so rep just connected a wire directly from the base station through my window and into the modem.XD

That only a temporary solution though. The R button on my old 3DS is pretty much permanently busted at this point.
It ended up working for my old DS pretty well.
its the A button
Maybe try getting like a plastic straw, and cut it in half so it's just a long semi circle. Insert it and twist it if possible to clean gunk out?

I did that with my launch Xbone controller and it fixed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom