• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

8BitBoy -- MB-7B58ACA78606C98F - Taken by alr1ght

Grief.exe

god these Souls games (or in this case Souls-like) are so fucking draining.

why do we like these again? >_<

One thing that I like about games is the feeling that I'm constantly getting better. Constantly designing more efficient empires in Stellaris, consistently getting headshots in CS, or getting better at Dark Souls.

That's why I always rail against shallow game design. At the end of the day, some people want to just come home, shut their brain off, and press one button, not have to worry about getting good.

I just realized that this years summer sale is going to be hard. Since I won't have a huge budget I have to choose between either getting No Man's Sky or a bunch of other cheaper games during the sale. No matter what the reviews turn out to be for NMS I don't know if I can pass on it.

I'd opt for cheaper indie games but then again NMS looks boring as all hell to me.

kagamin

I'd probably say Dark Souls games would be a lot easier for people (especially me) if they were just more patient. (Hence why I always do so much better on my second run of these games).

Jawmuncher

Looking at what I've played, there hasn't been any PC exclusives on there for my tastes that I would put as GOTY material.
Before anyone asks no I didn't play Xcom 2 and I haven't played Stellaris. I also won't be playing Total Warhammer.
With that said it has been a rather impressive year for people interested in those types of games.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yeah one day before the rumoured start of Summer Sale. I will probably still just get NMS and skip the sale.

yeah, I'm in the same boat :)

almost have 60&#8364; (feels kinda wrong to pay so much for one game) saved in card money.
Thought about buying a Steam Link, but my graphics card is kinda old and doesn't have hardware side video encoding and it will be a while till I have a new one and I bet a newer version of the Link will be out at that time...

But NMS checks all the boxes for stuff I like, and even if it's not that great I just wasted Steam money, I can live with that...

Neospartan

Neo Member
You should be able to hit left alt and left arrow with one hand.

Like that?

vgAPX0f.jpg

Endruen

You should be able to hit left alt and left arrow with one hand.

Or, rather, right alt. Not even my freak hands are large enough for that.

I have big hands and I just touch them, can't press them because I press space instead. Either my keyboard is huge or you have grossly big hands.
Also, right alt doesn't work for that.

EDIT: Just measured both. My hand fully stretched is 23cm (9 inches) and the minimum distance from alt to left key in my keyboard is 22cm (8.6 inches). I reach it, but I can't press them comfortably. I just click the back arrow anyway.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I don't :p

Yeah same here, the game just seems to be made for me, so if it's not too good, I will probably still enjoy it based on what I know about it.
Just give me the Mako sections from Mass Effect with different gravity for each planet, and it'll be my GOTY.

yuraya

I'm only looking forward to Telltale Batman (once all episodes are out) and Deus Ex for the rest of the year. Not really much else as far as new releases go tbh. Don't care for for the NMS hype or the BF1 or any of the other overhyped stuff. Kinda hoping there is some nice big surprise at E3 that pushes a new game later in the year. Kinda how Beth did with Fallout4 last year.

Arkham Knight and Elite Dangerous are my most wanted for summer seal.

That is gonna be one expensive laptop.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
...and Elite Dangerous are my most wanted for summer seal.

The prize for ED: Horizons was just reduced to £19.99, $29.99, &#8364;24.99... so maybe you will get a good deal in the sale...

And the next major update will be released next Thursday (The Engineers 2.1).

But its kinda funny that you think NMS is overhyped, seeing that you seem to like this kind of game :)

but it is really kinda overhyped, people have some unrealistic expectations regarding this game... but I'm sure I will have lots of fun with it

Nzyme32

I'm amazed at the difference between the Wolfenstein timelines depending on one of the early choices you make. Good reason to replay it

data

I hate when a PC game gets ported to console but the devs don't bother putting controller support on the PC version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom