• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

The last part is interesting to think about. Check out what was said during the talk Gabe had with Geoff Keighley at GDC 2015 about source 2:

It's to make it possible for thousands of people or billions of people to be all generating this shared entertaining universe. You can look at the properties that we have and probably say oh I would see how having a whole bunch of people extending and annotating and storytelling in this particular universe would make sense. But now that we got Source 2 out now you'll start to see us start to lay out some of the pieces so that we have this really large shared collaborative entertainment space that allows people to be as productive as they want to be in terms of building entertainment value for other people. That's something that we started four years ago. We had these ideas about how you build these large endless entertainment experiences and one of the dependencies was getting a bunch of economy stuff working there's a bunch of tools work to do, those are baked now. Now we are going start capitalizing with with how that actually translates into entertainment experiences for people.

I figure there will eventually just be a Half-Life that is some rolling perpetual thing, much like all the other "service" games they do. Probably a decade away though :p

Hektor

Fucking peer pressure

7dzKVCM.jpg

Keyboard and mouse are really a thorne in my eyes. The keyboard's missing one of those flexible stand things on the back, that's why i gotta use some book about conspiracy theorys to do that lol.

The mouse is too 1337gamerdisco.

But then again, both work, that's i have a hard time finally pulling the trigger on new devices.

zkylon

zkylewd
thats a nice desk

ppl here have nice desks

Because it brings up the options menu.
-___-

The big issue I have with the ds4, outside of its tiny size, is that I always hit the share button when I wanna press select because that function got moved to the new touchpad. It happens every. Single. Time.
not an issue on pc it seems since it just mimics the 360 thingie

i can see this being annoying tho

this made me laugh. oh zky.

The DS4 is perfectly sized. If anyone wants to buy me a couple. PM me.
oh now u say

where were u like a week ago -__-

also dont oh zky me -__-

...Her date bailed out on her.
How the hell do you not figure that out?
uhh i'm not a very smart person

yuraya

The prize for ED: Horizons was just reduced to £19.99, $29.99, €24.99... so maybe you will get a good deal in the sale...

And the next major update will be released next Thursday (The Engineers 2.1).

But its kinda funny that you think NMS is overhyped, seeing that you seem to like this kind of game :)

but it is really kinda overhyped, people have some unrealistic expectations regarding this game... but I'm sure I will have lots of fun with it

Not really feeling NMS at all. Seems more of an mindless adventure game and less of a sim.

Such a great heel turn. Just masterful.

Almost like he has an evil twin or something.

dex3108

The last part is interesting to think about. Check out what was said during the talk Gabe had with Geoff Keighley at GDC 2015 about source 2:

I figure there will eventually just be a Half-Life that is some rolling perpetual thing, much like all the other "service" games they do. Probably a decade away though :p

Well Source 2 is meant to be free engine (if i remember correctly xD) and it was years since Source 2 was announced and only Dota 2 is using it. So i really don't know what Valve devs are doing now.

Fucking peer pressure

Keyboard and mouse are really a thorne in my eyes. The keyboard's missing one of those flexible stand things on the back, that's why i gotta use some book about conspiracy theorys to do that lol.

But then again, both work, that's i have a hard time finally pulling the trigger on new devices.
Now I crave those cookies...

rtcn63

Seriously tho- can anyone recommend a compact desk that doesn't wobble when you type on it? I'd only need enough room to fit a laptop, a mouse, and maybe a textbook.

Balthuk

I thought that having the keyboard on an incline is bad for your wrists. They are supposed to be flat, not bent. I believe. The wrists that is.

Tellaerin

Fucking peer pressure

I strongly approve of your Transistor poster. That is class.

Looks nice and homely but doesn't the chair get very uncomfy?
Not for me. I sit upright or forward so the back doesn't factor, and nothing falls asleep. It must be from a past of cycling.
Backspace is so convienent. It's dumb to take it out. The article itself says more people use it than people that lose data, so that goes against their reasoning. I do use mouse 3 all the time now that I have one.
One thing I do all the time that might be odd to others is start the web address on my left hand and when it auto completes I hit numpad Enter with my right thumb to confirm. Tip - if you're creating a website use a word that's fully typeable on your left hand.
Tempted by Styx. Is it better by controller or MKB?

Aww, I got excited. $7.50 is the new $5. Things I'm interested in stay higher than I care to pay.

I've decided that by February-March next year I'll try to build my own PC. I'm hopefully upgrading my graphics card (GTX 1070...maybe) this Summer so I'll already have that done. That will give me time to look into what I'd need and time to find good deals on parts. I know it's not terribly difficult to build one but you have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I don't want to be the next "Twitch guy builds a PC" like last year...lol

This is what I'm looking at parts wise (I'd buy other fans but they aren't on this list)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6PWxZL

Amzin

For anyone that doesn't have an isthereanydeal watchlist, I've gotten notices for like 7 games on my wishlist that are at record lows on the Humble store today. If you have the monthly bundle subscription going you get 10% off on top of that.

I've decided that by February-March next year I'll try to build my own PC. I'm hopefully upgrading my graphics card (GTX 1070...maybe) this Summer so I'll already have that done. That will give me time to look into what I'd need and time to find good deals on parts. I know it's not terribly difficult to build one but you have to pay attention to what you're doing.

I don't want to be the next "Twitch guy builds a PC" like last year...lol

This is what I'm looking at parts wise (I'd buy other fans but they aren't on this list)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6PWxZL

Don't buy a bluray player unless you already own some disks and no other player. You need to buy software to play blurays too.

A disturbingly high number of you appear to eat and drink at your PCs. Gross.

The placement of the analog sticks is what probably puts some people off.

I never have been bothered by this. I actually find it more comfortable to hold than the dualshock after long periods of time. The buttons get more use than the R-stick and my thumb is in a more comfortable position resting on them.

The screen controller on the other hand...

why do people put their big ass heavy PCs on their table? I ask cause I only ever see people on the internet do this, I don't know a soul (as far as I know) that actually puts their PC on the table, everyone I know puts it on the floor. Seems really annoying having it on the table when that space could be used for something else.

KingKong

Anyone here play Wings of Vi? It's on sale for 5 bucks on chrono.gg and even though it has very positive reviews, the top reviews are negative and say the game is way too hard?

Annubis

why do people put their big ass heavy PCs on their table? I ask cause I only ever see people on the internet do this, I don't know a soul (as far as I know) that actually puts their PC on the table, everyone I know puts it on the floor. Seems really annoying having it on the table when that space could be used for something else.

Because I open up my PC sometimes or easier to plug in stuff because I have more devices than USB slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom