• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

that subtle shitting on every person buying the game here :3

edit: that we arent youre friends that is ;_;

Awww... poor choice of words. We can be friends.

I just meant the people who I regularly play games with (when they aren't too busy with stupid things like real life stuff that is). I've bought a few multiplayer games in the past expecting to have lots of people to play with, only to find that everyone either didn't get the game or stopped playing a week in.

And while I used to be perfectly content playing with randoms back in the Halo 2 and Starcraft days, I don't find that to be compelling nowadays. So now I basically only buy multiplayer games if one of my friends is like "You need to buy this game so we can play together!" Or if the game has a significant single player component I might bite.

But right now, my multiplayer shooter quota is being met by
Destiny
, which I'm playing with some friends.

Well, that's the worst actually. These guys almost never play the stuff they make me buy and eventually switch to something else.

That and they suck too usually. Like in LoL, they would make us play against bots because people were too hard.

mrw-i-get-piss-shivers-63594.gif

I feel your pain.

But Bot matches in LoL? Why even bother at that point?

Uzzy

Like Overwatch popcorn buckets with holes in the bottom?

Likely. I doubt you're going to get anything worth while like a Pharah pillow, but you never know.

In other news, it appears that Total War: Warhammer has a preload already, of 9.3gb. Guess I'll leave that running tonight.

I start a new job tomorrow so here's a tiny gift for all the NEETS in here
:^)
ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tomb Raider -- MB-5C5D57FA2E571159 - Taken by laserlaser. 12 entrants total.
Towerfall Ascension -- MB-2CF00D27BDC7EF4D - Taken by shockdude. 5 entrants total.
Shantae Risky's Revenge Director's Cut -- MB-57707B88B99A4C07 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.

t1463969807z1.png

Jazz573

Honestly, I've never been far to even use, or went there. I don't even want to look more like it. But can you please answer it? It's as if it turns everything off, but cant tell it to turn off.

It would be helpful if we knew what game you were talking about. Also it's as if what turns everything off? What setting are you talking about? Your question is very unclear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Left win10 upgrade happening before I came to work. Hopefuly my house won't have burned down when I get home ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The "hate" that Overwatch generates on some people is bizarre to me. I mean, you could say "this is the steam thread not battle net thread" which would be fair, but in that case Mirrors Edge 2, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, Mass Effect, Nintendo stuff, etc talk would be equally shunned, and its not. Is it just "people enjoy something I dont so fuck them"? Isnt that incredibly petty?

Like ill do my ocasional "visual novels are trash joke", which ive laid off lately anyway, but still I did them, but I didnt do multiple posts in every page about it. I mean if the Overwatch stuff is mostly in jest I guess I misread it but it seems like some people are genuinely angry about it.

And even before I played it, the game never seemed overly offensive in any way to me, so im trying to see why some of you hate it so much. At the very least it looks like a polished, good looking team fortress clone. Is that really the end of the world?

If its all a big joke that Im missing then hey, my bad I guess, but I dont think it is from some people and its really weird to me.

Can't seem to upload screenshots atm getting "There was an error uploading 1 screenshots. steam cloud may be temporarily unavailable" anyone else getting the same?

The "hate" that Overwatch generates on some people is bizarre to me. I mean, you could say "this is the steam thread not battle net thread" which would be fair, but in that case Mirrors Edge 2, Battlefield, Titanfall, Destiny, Mass Effect, Nintendo stuff, etc talk would be equally shunned, and its not. Is it just "people enjoy something I dont so fuck them"? Isnt that incredibly petty?

Like ill do my ocasional "visual novels are trash joke", which ive laid off lately anyway, but still I did them, but I didnt do multiple posts in every page about it. I mean if the Overwatch stuff is mostly in jest I guess I misread it but it seems like some people are genuinely angry about it.

And even before I played it, the game never seemed overly offensive in any way to me, so im trying to see why some of you hate it so much. At the very least it looks like a polished, good looking team fortress clone. Is that really the end of the world?

If its all a big joke that Im missing then hey, my bad I guess, but I dont think it is from some people and its really weird to me.

Pal, this is the STEAM thread.

DasFool

Pal, this is the STEAM thread.

You must have missed the last 10 pages or so where 90% of posts were of people's desks, shelves, keyboards, website themes, living spaces, anime, Overwatch, etc. Not to mention all of the other miscellaneous talk in the past 30+ threads. How about if a game is multiplatform, is it not allowed to be talked about? Are we going to limit this thread to STEAM-only game releases?

Honestly, this thread should be renamed to PC Gaming or something similar. There is a disproportionate amount of off-topic speak compared to actual STEAM news and information.

Sajjaja

Well...this is why the thread was moved to the Community section because it became more than just a Steam only thread.

I guess this is as good a time as any for this.
2oIiuy2.gif

mp1990

Banned
For people who take so much proud in not giving a single fuck to Overwatch, you guys really do enjoy filling pages and pages of this thread with shallow and cynic comments about it.

Sarcasm

For people who take so much proud in not giving a single fuck to Overwatch, you guys really do enjoy filling pages and pages of this thread with shallow and cynic comments about it.

I am not getting it cause the thirty people I know haven't gotten it.

I have learned in past that MP games with nobody I know brings the fun down regardless on how matchmaking is and so on.

Tellaerin

Honestly, this thread should be renamed to PC Gaming or something similar. There is a disproportionate amount of off-topic speak compared to actual STEAM news and information.

Posts like these invariably pop up every few months or so, usually as a reaction to people going off on a tangent for whatever reason.

The Steam thread is the catchall PC gaming thread here. It has been for ages. It's safe to say that when there is Steam-related news, it gets posted here first and discussed at length, but other PC gaming-related topics are fair game.

Eventually, conversation here always comes back to games on Steam, because while other services are a sidelight, Steam is pretty much synonymous with PC gaming nowadays. But it's a community discussion thread, not an RSS news-and-information feed, so it shouldn't be that surprising that there's a strong social element.

Rhaknar

This ad for A Bastards Tale on mobile is making me want to boot it up, im pretty sure its on steam and I have it from some bundle

tuxfool

Banned
I am not getting it cause the thirty people I know haven't gotten it.

I have learned in past that MP games with nobody I know brings the fun down regardless on how matchmaking is and so on.

Yup, this. I'm not overly enchanted with competitive team fps games to begin with. I don't trust any game of this kind to be fun with randoms. Nothing against the concept though.

Lain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom