• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

In Overwatch? They absolutely are. The game even tells you "No tanks" or "No supports" at the character select screen.

But even "support" classes or what not can be played offensively and still be really effective. I mean they generally fit into that category, but they are still very versatile in terms of how they can be played.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
But even "support" classes or what not can be played offensively and still be really effective. I mean they generally fit into that category, but they are still very versatile in terms of how they can be played.

Dude they are classes, the fuck you talking about :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does anyone here know how to change the language in "A Boy and His Blob"? Don't want to play it in german.

Why dont you want to play ein Junge und sein Blob?

Google won't translate Blob :(

Tellaerin

They're totally right in referring to the Overwatch characters as "heroes" instead of "classes".

"Class" describes what a particular character type can do (tank, healer, etc.)

"Hero" refers to a specific character.

Even if Bob is the only Tank in the game, that doesn't suddenly make "Bob" a class. It's like saying that since Joe happens to be a mechanic, we can now use "Joe" as the word for everyone who fixes machines.

Rhaknar

They're totally right in referring to the Overwatch characters as "heroes" instead of "classes".

"Class" describes what a particular character type can do (tank, healer, etc.)

"Hero" refers to a specific character.

Even if Bob is the only Tank in the game, that doesn't suddenly make "Bob" a class. It's like saying that since Joe happens to be a mechanic, we can now use "Joe" as the word for everyone who fixes machines.

Nobody is saying "Mercy" is the class, but her class is healer. Thats what she is. The game even seperates them as classes, or roles if you prefer.

dex3108

GTX 1070 sounds great but I am now in really bad position. New GPUs are coming but I know that I will never see 379$ price for 1070 (at best I could se 1:1 conversion to euro). I need to upgrade because my 760 really can't perform that well anymore (only 2GB of VRAM) but what to choose? Wait another year so 1070 price maybe goes down or buy 970 when price goes down? 1070 is more futureproof but price will be huge :(

zkylon

zkylewd
overwatch in a premade is so damn enjoyable

enemy team did 6 turret guys so we sniped them out and then we did 6 bastions and just destroyed them lol

we kept changing classes and covering each other, it was awesome

also today i learned i can't support

tracer and reinhart and d.va and pharah are who i am, it's in my blood to jump at people's faces

i can't be playing sniper or support, i need to rush like a crazy person

Everyone should just fall in line and call them champions.
yea

my friend and i just call them by their league lookalikes

hanzo - yasuo
genji - yi
mccree - graves

much easier

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Spy Chamaleon -- MB-30E8402D036869CE - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Recursion deluxe -- MB-C413D06533E6EA28 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.

t1462602843z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i have like perfect ping to na server, i was playing tracer and it was about the same as playing her on the br server. tried the non hitscan champions like junkrat and pharah and they were perfectly playable too

good job blizz

Yakkue

Why dont you want to play ein Junge und sein Blob?

Google won't translate Blob :(

People actually translate it like that if you search for it in google ;) Well done.
The voices are in english anyway and there's not much text so far, so I'll play it as it is now.

Soulflarz

Banned
oh god
hotline miami 2 added the thing I've dreaded since the first and was so happy when it didn't exist

enemies that can't be shot/enemies that can't be melee'd

Knurek

GTX 1070 sounds great but I am now in really bad position. New GPUs are coming but I know that I will never see 379$ price for 1070 (at best I could se 1:1 conversion to euro). I need to upgrade because my 760 really can't perform that well anymore (only 2GB of VRAM) but what to choose? Wait another year so 1070 price maybe goes down or buy 970 when price goes down? 1070 is more futureproof but price will be huge :(

Wait for PascalVolta!

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah saying that there are no classes is having not played the game. some of the categories are a bit wonky (symmetra doesn't really feel more supporty than mei) but tanks tank and offensive champions uhhh offend

about the comparisons to tf2, well, i'd say it's similar only superficially. it reminds me more of unreal tournament than tf2, specially the way movement and shooting feels

Rhaknar

Symmetra is the Tassadar of Overwatch. Blizzard doesnt learn, they double down

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
USD$599 for the GTX 1080 is a little disappointing. I'll probably still upgrade, but I was hoping for a repeat of USD$549.

Also, I really need to finish Primal before Doom hits. I've only ~15% to go, but I've reached the point where I can't stand to play the game for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
USD$599 for the GTX 1080 is a little disappointing. I'll probably still upgrade, but I was hoping for a repeat of USD$549.

Also, I really need to finish Primal before Doom hits. I've only ~15% to go, but I've reached the point where I can't stand to play the game for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.
Pricing psychology is weird. I mean it's $50 increase on a $500+ product.

JaseC

Honestly, id wait for 1080TI
worst case it's expensive, but you know, itll drop the price of the 1080!

I upgraded from the 980 to the 980 Ti and figured I'd continue that going forward (x80 -> x80 Ti -> x80 -> x80 Ti and so on) as while the performance jump from a previous-gen x80 Ti to a current-gen x80 is relatively small, the resale value of what I have is only going to sharply drop over time, plus in this case the piece of mind of an extra 2GB VRAM wouldn't go astray (I think R6 Siege at 1080p with the HD texture pack uses somewhere around 6GB).

Pricing psychology is weird.

Well, you have to remember that USD$50 is approximately AUD$50,000. ;)

Phinor

It's disappointing for everyone outside US. It's very likely going to be over 700€ here, and 800€+ for Founders. I hope at least the good 3rd party coolers are available without that Founders extra.

JaseC

Aren't you going to the US? Just get an extra card and sell it for profit.

I'm not entirely sure yet. My hours at work were slashed shortly after I bought my Crucible ticket and if they don't go back up within the next month or so, or if I don't find a more consistent job, then I might have to give it a miss. :sadcloud: The only reason I'm contemplating an upgrade to a 1080 is that I bought a 980 Ti for ~$150 below RRP and shouldn't have any trouble selling it for around the same price that I paid, in which case I could grab myself a 1080 from Amazon.com with some change to spare.

dex3108

Wait for PascalVolta!

You know how it is in countries like ours :D There is never best time to buy hardware. Either you spend more money for new product or buy last generation product for way more than you should. Just look at GAF BST thread, people are selling GTX 970 for 175$. For that price i wouldn't blink once before buying it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm not entirely sure yet. My hours at work were slashed shortly after I bought my Crucible ticket and if they don't go back up within the next month or so, or if I don't find a more consistent job, then I might have to give it a miss. :sadcloud: The only reason I'm contemplating an upgrade to a 1080 is that I bought a 980 Ti for ~$150 below RRP and shouldn't have any trouble selling it for around the same price that I paid, in which case I could grab myself a 1080 from Amazon.com with some change to spare.

bad news bears.
I'm a pessimist by experience, but hopefully things work out.

Valve gave my my DLC bundle and I'm finishing up beta runs this weekend.

It's happening.

Quickly, GAF, what should I call the bundle:
a) Army of Tentacles: Game of the Year Edition
b) Army of Tentacles: Game of the Year, Game of All Time Edition
c) Army of Tentacles: Game of All Time Edition
d) Army of Tentacles: Steam Edition
e) Army of Tentacles: The Complete Deluxe Edition of The Epic First Game Edition

?

neonglow

I won the "Fight ! Like ! Hell !?" raffle and it turned out to be a Digital Homicide game. I'm not sure if this is worst than Bad Rats. =(

Soulflarz

Banned
hotline miami 2 is just garbage, so bad
Whats your reasoning?
Mine is bad story+bad design

Like really bad design
Don't make giant open areas where the easy solution is corner hiding
Or enemies that can see as far as you can.
It makes it a corner peeking game which is unfun.
Also f so many of those levels.

AND NEVER MAKE ENEMIES THAT LIMIT YOUR TOOLS ;_; (aka must be shot/stabbed)

But yeah, what was your issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom