• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2016 - VAC to life, VAC to reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dude I finished the game. You say "its not even hard" and then say "you have to learn its movements by trial and eror" aka by dying a few times... well duh. It was still a hard boss in my opinion. I probably should have grinded a few levels like others have said and it would have been much easier because level scaling seems bonkers in that game

Jawmuncher

dude I finished the game. You say "its not even hard" and then say "you have to learn its movements by trial and eror" aka by dying a few times... well duh. It was still a hard boss in my opinion. I probably should have grinded a few levels like others have said and it would have been much easier because level scaling seems bonkers in that game

Dude it's not even hard!

Don't even know what game we're talking about.

dude I finished the game. You say "its not even hard" and then say "you have to learn its movements by trial and eror" aka by dying a few times... well duh. It was still a hard boss in my opinion
I said that because you complained "it doesn't add to the conversation" and I tried to help. How hard was that to understand?

He was just saying that you needed to Y's into it
Ys not Y's or YS :V

Pet peeve. You got the sound right though! :)

rtcn63

He was just saying that you needed to Y's into it

Grief.exe

Is that Nioh game on Steam at all or is it just PS4? It seems interesting if nothing else. It looks like a complete mash of Witcher and Darksouls.

It will likely come to PC later, but for now it's on PS4 only.

What gave you the impression the game was like The Witcher series? Mainly draws similarities with Souls for me.

Would you say it's not an ysy boss?

Jawmuncher

What gave you the impression the game was like The Witcher series? Mainly draws similarities with Souls for me.

It looks like Geralt
maxresdefault.jpg

The main character is the spitting image of Geralt, and then just the combat reminded me of some witcher combat I guess. Obviously it looks like a souls game more than anything else, just the main charavter looks like they ripped him right out of The Witcher

The main character is the spitting image of Geralt, and then just the combat reminded me of some witcher combat I guess. Obviously it looks like a souls game more than anything else, just the main charavter looks like they ripped him right out of The Witcher

I watched a Giant Bomb stream of it and I assumed they, uh, just used a character creator.. because it really is the spitting image of Geralt, especially from behind (99% of gameplay)

Eila

brb beating ys so I can 'git gud' people sarcastically

Ys games on steam have difficulty modes, though. Never tried easy or normal, but I imagine they're accessible.
To truly git gud you must do a SL1 run of the entire Souls series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any "trick" to Astebreed's chapter 5 boss? The last third with the spinny lasers always kills me, theres red lasers everywhere on the screen besides the spinny ones with no patterns (I checked a video and either thats on easy or I dunno wtf is going on, theres barely any red lasers in the video), is there some mechanic to "deflect" normal lasers that im forgetting or what?

Knurek

Danganronpa 2 Last Chapter spoiler

I totally started freaking out once corruption started happening, thought my GPU was dying

zkylon

zkylewd
nioh dude looks exactly like geralt

like, he even has the same shirt and everything

it's so dumb lol

Yeah, when I saw that, I was thinking how Pierre was kind of a jerk.
Blames his main competitor for the Community Centre's disuse (as if somehow JojaMart prevents people from going to a community centre,) and nobody points out "Hey Pierre! You stand to benefit from a boycott! You're just manipulating us!" and Shane of all people doesn't point out "Wait a minute, if you do that I'll be unemployed!"

The only thing I liked about the ending was that in post-game people do actually change their schedules and use the community centre.
is that an ending?

i didn't know haha

So how did you get to 10 hearts with all of them? Hand everyone flowers, or use a mod?
just paid attention to their birthdays and tastes and gift everyone a bunch. also i think pretty much everyone loves fruit so i have like 8 trees that give me a bunch of apples and oranges and i go around town gifting those

it took me a while but now i'm dating everyone >:3

just paid attention to their birthdays and tastes and gift everyone a bunch. also i think pretty much everyone loves fruit so i have like 8 trees that give me a bunch of apples and oranges and i go around town gifting those

it took me a while but now i'm dating everyone >:3

Then they might have changed it, because when I played it, the datable characters could only go up to 8 hearts until you gave them a bouquet.

People really ain't kidding when they say that summoning is the "easy mode" of Dark Souls. Tried summoning what's-her-face against the Smelter Demon, on a lark, and it turned the fight into a complete joke even though the companion AI was dumb as a doorknob. I won't be doing that again, it was rather disappointing to win the fight that way.

Also, fuck mandatory PVP.
;_;

Rhaknar

hmm Astebreed was super disapointing, chalk that one up to not in sync with gaf at all. Oh well

Nioh seems pretty interesting. So much stuff lifted directly from Dark Souls yet the combat feels kinda different. Not a fan of Diablo-style loot, though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Will people out there remember it for the GOTYs? Afterall the first half games a lot of them tend to be forgotten no matter how good they are when it comes to the GOTYs and end up getting very little to no votes since people are more hyped by the more recent games at that time. Not meant to be mean in any way but just an observation of how it usually goes for most awards.

I fear you might be right

Phinor

I fear you might be right

The very best games rise above release dates. Witcher 3 and Bloodborne did quite well last year despite being released in the first half. It's pretty tough competition on PC though, plenty of excellent but not quite popular enough games every year. The awards always go to games with widest appeal unless it's a smaller group voting like the Neogaf/Steam GOTY awards every year.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ys games on steam have difficulty modes, though. Never tried easy or normal, but I imagine they're accessible.
To truly git gud you must do a SL1 run of the entire Souls series.

I mean
I could

I'd do it if I had the time, would take a week or two

hmm Astebreed was super disapointing, chalk that one up to not in sync with gaf at all. Oh well

nooo
I was going to play through that tonight if I finished all my hw in a reasonable time ;_;

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks!
The very best games rise above release dates. Witcher 3 and Bloodborne did quite well last year despite being released in the first half. It's pretty tough competition on PC though, plenty of excellent but not quite popular enough games every year. The awards always go to games with widest appeal unless it's a smaller group voting like the Neogaf/Steam GOTY awards every year.

Yeah but those two games were big names, likes of Stellaris and Stardew Valley aren't really :(

Anno

Yeah but those two games were big names, likes of Stellaris and Stardew Valley aren't really :(

I think they'll be pretty big names for SteamGAF. Stellaris wasn't ever going to threaten any GAF-wide GOTY lists, and I'm sure SV will pop up a bit especially if this new 1.1 patch ships towards the back third of the year.

Uzzy

• Contradiction: 14th January
  • Trails in the Sky SC: 29th October
  • Undertale: 15th September
  • Tales from the Borderlands: 25th November 2014
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: 11th March
  • Metal Gear Solid V: 1st September
  • Pillars of Eternity: 26th March
  • Rocket League: 7th July
  • Life is Strange: 30th January
  • Witcher 3: 18th May

That's the SteamGAF GOTY awards from last year, along with their launch dates. I don't think people need to worry about games in the early months being overlooked.

So stop worrying about GOTY lists seven months out. Just relax and play video games, ok?

DSP is that streamer that's really dumb and can't play worth a shit in game, right?

Who was that streamer caught downloading CP?

Edit: that tweet goddamn lol perfect!

Rhaknar

nooo
I was going to play through that tonight if I finished all my hw in a reasonable time ;_;

dont take my word for it, everyone seems to love it, you probably will to. You have all dem skillz and whatnot too

I'm beginning to think Shadow Warrior 2 will be one of the biggest surprises of the year.
The game looks absolutely fantastic and I think it is going to feel a vacuum not felt since the original Serious Sam.
First Person Shooters genre is in a sorry state. We got multiplayer Hero Shooters, and we got hybrids. Shadow Warrior 2 seems to be the most smooth shooter I've ever seen. The double jumping, the new melee abilities, dashing, forward rolling, 70+ weapons.
It just feels like this is the right time to disrupt with a new game. I think Wang is the perfect guy to become a new highly popular action hero.

hesho

The FF5 port was half-assed, but I'm starting to feel like S-E quarter-assed this port.

and they will keep doing as little as possible because ppl keep buying the ports. That is the sad part about all this. No matter how badly the port is, it will still sell very well because of the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom