• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Well, my ISP fucked something up and yesterday I had only P2P access.
They disabled external DSN servers usage some time ago, and of course their DSN server went belly up.
Oh well, good thing Steam communicates with master server using custom protocol, so I could at least login to the client (and had some achievs unlock as well). Just no downloading.
Hopefully they fixed this shit today, can't fathom a weekend without net access. :\

Grief.exe

About that GTAV DRM: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137747449&postcount=888

9XJFEIc.jpg

Don't worry, they have Securom.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Numba Deluxe -- MB-A522AE425828A546 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I think Punished Snake already mentioned this, but Little Big Adventure is free on GOG.com for the next 19 hours

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeeeeeeeeeah, so Origins looks pretty fucking good with these hi-res mods and shit, I kinda see why people are so looking forward for that RE4 hi-res pack for example

Dr Dogg

yeeeeeeeeeah, so Origins looks pretty fucking good with thes ehi-res mods and shit, I kinda see why people are so looking forward for that RE4 hi-res pack for example

DA:O looks alright with High Res textures and a few extra mods. Best experience I had was playing the game in 3D. Due to the view point and unlocked convergence it was like my own little toy army to play around with. Of course you've spent a small fortune already and I doubt a 120/144hz monitor and 3D Vision kit are on the cards.

AsfaeksBR

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need for Thank You messages.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-299C45A7CDEEA5A3 - Taken by 73V3N

mid83

So I've been away from the Steam since E3 really. I've played the big AAA releases on PS4 mostly since (Shadows of Mordor etc..) but I haven't really kept up with all the non AAA stuff that really makes Steam great in my opinion.

Any must play games from the past few months (besides big AAA releases) that I should look into? I just logged into Steam and was overwhelmed by all the games I haven't really heard of so I figured I'd come here and ask.

Tizoc

So I've been away from the Steam since E3 really. I've played the big AAA releases on PS4 mostly since (Shadows of Mordor etc..) but I haven't really kept up with all the non AAA stuff that really makes Steam great in my opinion.

Any must play games from the past few months (besides big AAA releases) that I should look into? I just logged into Steam and was overwhelmed by all the games I haven't really heard of so I figured I'd come here and ask.

Freedom Planet
Killer is Dead (apply 60 FPS fix, only takes 5-10 minutes)
Lovely Planet
Styx: Master of Shadows
Strider
One Finger Death Punch/Bruce Lee simulator

To name a few

Dr Dogg

Right seeing as it's lunch time and I'm not down the pub I thought I'd send Ubi a couple of support emails so let's see what they say.

Also Battlefield 4 is available to try for free on Origin for 7 days.

Yeah I'm full of Steam news today.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Right seeing as it's lunch time and I'm not down the pub I thought I'd send Ubi a couple of support emails so let's see what they say.

no wonder we're in cornmunity now ... it's all your fault!! :p

Arthea

It always helps to mention what kind of games you prefer.

Why do you guys care so much if ubis new games are on steam or not? You're going to need uplay anyways. If you want it on steam that bad just add it as a short cut :)

JustLynx

I already saw 2 people that have already contacted Ubisoft support about their removal, and they said to both of them that it's a mistake, and they're working on bringing it back to steam (except in the UK)

Why do you guys care so much if ubis new games are on steam or not? You're going to need uplay anyways. If you want it on steam that bad just add it as a short cut :)

i prefer steam updating the game than uplay's update system

Dr Dogg

no wonder we're in cornmunity now ... it's all your fault!! :p

I think we should all take a little responsibility for our fate.

Saying that by the time Oobee get back to me they'll more than likely issue a statement. It took just under a week to have my last support request even answered. And folks give Steam Support grief.

Because I want this to look neat
jewXsRP.png

I couldn't give a hoot about The Crew but I'd like the +1's for Unity and Far Cry 4 eventually to round out my collection.

I already saw 2 people that have already contacted Ubisoft support about their removal, and they said to both of them that it's a mistake, and they're working on bringing it back to steam (except in the UK)

Yeah with no proof that Ubisoft did indeed say that just a random post. When I get a response back I'll gladly pop up a picture of my support ticket. The only official thing I can see is from their Twitter account saying 'We have no info, go ask Steam Support'.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/530529897354395648

Arthea

So you think if you say to people not to care, they'll magically stop?
I need to try this, maybe it really works (><)

Freedom Planet
Killer is Dead (apply 60 FPS fix, only takes 5-10 minutes)
Lovely Planet
Styx: Master of Shadows
Strider
One Finger Death Punch/Bruce Lee simulator

To name a few

eh, Strider is a pretty average metroidvania that gets an extra point because of nostalgia. I'd recommend Batman Blackgate over if. Even if that game has a couple of bad filler sections and the boss fights are duds, it's at least ambitious and the things it does right it does them damn well.

also, when applying the 60 fps fix on Killer is Dead, don't forget to apply the QTE fix too. Otherwise, the game becomes an extreme pain in the ass.

Tizoc

eh, Strider is a pretty average metroidvania that gets an extra point because of nostalgia. I'd recommend Batman Blackgate over if. Even if that game has a couple of bad filler sections and the boss fights are duds, it's at least ambitious and the things it does right it does them damn well.

also, when applying the 60 fps fix on Killer is Dead, don't forget to apply the QTE fix too. Otherwise, the game becomes an extreme pain in the ass.

I think the only QTE affected is the revive mechanic? Regardless, just apply the fixes, they are VERY EASY to do.

Vuze

I purchased the latest Splinter Cell for Uplay only and after going through the updating proccess I will never ever use it again. If your patching system for paid content is worse than updating pirated games, you're doing something wrong.
Also yeah, everything in one library etc. That's one of the few points I like about console ecosystems.

JustLynx

Yeah with no proof that Ubisoft did indeed say that just a random post. When I get a response back I'll gladly pop up a picture of my support ticket. The only official thing I can see is from their Twitter account saying 'We have no info, go ask Steam Support'.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/530529897354395648

yeah that's true, well i'll wait for their official response, thank you

also free game from http://www.gog.com/ (Little Big Adventure), just scroll down a bit and you'll see it

Copons

As far as I'm concerned, at this point I'm beyond the simple fact of wanting everything in the same place (or that Steam is in lots of ways more convenient), and I'm starting to need the social aspects inevitably tied to Steam.
I like that there's an activity feed (even such barebones), I like being able to post a screenshot a joking about it with my ~200 friends, I like the fact that I can review (or curate) games, the groups, the sale time extravaganza.

At this point, buying a game on Steam is an action that comes with a plenty of fun stuff I'd have to forgo when buying it on, say, Uplay or GOG even.

Yes, I could add outside games as shortcuts, but it would kinda feel like - if you disregard your social network preferences - sharing your Twitter posts on Facebook. Yes, they will show on Facebook, they'll even have most of their perks (they'll still be sharable, commentable, etc.), but they're not the same thing as writing them directly on your wall.

Maniac

Banned
http://steam.tools/cards/

That site has a list of card set prices.
Thanks, beautiful.

you said: "too late Ubi, Valkyria" implying its too late for Ubi to correct its mistake, assuming it is a mistake, because you bought Valkyria Chronicles

but you werent going to buy any of those games in the first place. I know you said it in jest, but so did I, hence the smiley
Noone in their right mind would buy Ubicrap. ;)
Jase is a madman

bargain bin? are you sure???
Yeeeaaah that's an unreliable source. And get that peasantry out of muh SteamGAF!

baked some chicken and made some chicken masala on basmati rice w/ some pakoras on the side

namaste steam gaf
Namaste.
Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys! Hmm, what to do with these last remaining steambucks...
Haaaappy birthday!

I can agree to a certain extent that the ACRTAG choice is in the hands of publishers, but still, making it default is a somewhat heavy statement from Valve. (also, if I didn't read SteamDB wrong, CS:GO currently has ACRTAG set to "no", so even a Valve games doesn't allow cross region gifting).
Yup, it's disabled for Global Offensive. It should hopefully help deter cheaters and smurfs quite a lot - they're a nasty problem atm :[

So you think if you say to people not to care, they'll magically stop?
I need to try this, maybe it really works (><)
I didn't say that, I just asked why you guys care so much.
Because I want this to look neat
jewXsRP.png

I couldn't give a hoot about The Crew but I'd like the +1's for Unity and Far Cry 4 eventually to round out my collection.
Hmmm... I dont get this one buy okay haha :p
i prefer steam updating the game than uplay's update system
That's fair enough, its annoying when I want to play smite or I wanna get on origin to play dragon age 1 I gotta wait for the client to update.

JustLynx

That's fair enough, its annoying when I want to play smite or I wanna get on origin to play dragon age 1 I gotta wait for the client to update.

nah, i dont care about the client updating,
their update system is seriously bad, they have bad CDNs i think, when they released an update for Blackflag, I couldn't play it for 3 months because the update files were corrupted, I had to use proxies to download the file from a different region
and in Blacklist, i had to run the game once, and update to 1.01, close the game and run him again to update to 1.02... until i got to 1.04 or 1.03
it's seriously bad

Thanks, beautiful.

Noone in their right mind would buy Ubicrap. ;)
Jase is a madman

Yeeeaaah that's an unreliable source. And get that peasantry out of muh SteamGAF!

Namaste.
Haaaappy birthday!

Yup, it's disabled for Global Offensive. It should hopefully help deter cheaters and smurfs quite a lot - they're a nasty problem atm :[

Am I a madman too? I buy Ubi games

On sale.

Dr Dogg

yeah that's true, well i'll wait for their official response, thank you

also free game from http://www.gog.com/ (Little Big Adventure), just scroll down a bit and you'll see it

I've dealt with Ubisoft support a few times and I have never got a response back as quick as the couple that go brought up. Not saying that's isn't the case but when nothing posted has a link to an exact conversation that took place I'm a little skeptical.

Hmmm... I dont get this one buy okay haha :p

See the thing is they are all in my account so if you were to go to my account page and look at my games owned there they all are staring back at you. Same when I fire up Steam, in the AssCreed category, even uninstalled (like they all are in the pic) I've still got my obsessive list to look at for comfort.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of salazar547, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (salazar547, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Painkiller: Black Edition -- MB-7845EAAD77607535 - Taken by Maniac. 14 entrants total.

t1415372597z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom