• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLynx

I've dealt with Ubisoft support a few times and I have never got a response back as quick as the couple that go brought up. Not saying that's isn't the case but when nothing posted has a link to an exact conversation that took place I'm a little skeptical.

you said you'll put a screen of the conversation if they'll answer you, that's why i said thank you :p

so we'll just have to wait then... either for a response or for the games
hopefully it's really just a mistake and it'll be fixed

Maniac

Banned
Am I a madman too? I buy Ubi games

On sale.

Yes, you are.
We all are. I want The Crew, FC4 and Ass Unity! I'm willing to pay up to 7 euros each!
Failing to see the ugly in posted pictures.
Nothing breathtaking, sure, but ugly?
I think someone pissed in his cereal. Those look really great for an indie puzzler. I like the lighting especially.

yeah, fuck that guy ... he's a douchebag ;)
Yeah, fuck that guy. What an asshole, like the rest of his kind.
image.php

Asshole. <'3

Anteater

Talo Principle looks like ass, even at 4K downsampled/Ultra presets. Really ugly art direction seems to go hand-in-hand with their engine.

Have you looked into customize options under gpu speed? I remember there's a setting that locks your res at 1920x1200 by default, and if you put it on unlimited it'll make the game much sharper if you're downsampling.

Although I think the game still don't look that good with some of the options on and the shadows look kind of bad.

So I've been away from the Steam since E3 really. I've played the big AAA releases on PS4 mostly since (Shadows of Mordor etc..) but I haven't really kept up with all the non AAA stuff that really makes Steam great in my opinion.

Any must play games from the past few months (besides big AAA releases) that I should look into? I just logged into Steam and was overwhelmed by all the games I haven't really heard of so I figured I'd come here and ask.

Freedom planet is great , give it a try ( or maybe wait a few weeks to get it in a sale )

Arthea

It's my super power.

Games should have a special mode for old and slow reflexes people. :p

We need more games that acknowledge existence of old people, true. For example time limit for this level is 3 minutes, 50yo - 10 minutes, 60yo - 30 min, past 70 - no time limit (><)
Also bullets are slowed accordingly, enemies too, not to mention blasts. Screen flash, you are about to explode, quick quiz: how old are you? If you take a minute to answer, grenade hangs in air until you move out of the harms way.
OK, somebody stop me now (><)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Have you looked into customize options under gpu speed? I remember there's a setting that locks your res at 1920x1200 by default, and if you put it on unlimited it'll make the game much sharper if you're downsampling.

Although I think the game still don't look that good with some of the options on and the shadows look kind of bad.

Oh yeah I forgot about those settings. 4K did show a noticeable impact on performance though compared to the 1080p and I already deleted it lol.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hey guys ... here's something interesting ... this is a part of the pre-order page for Far Cry 4

2014-11-07_15-18-43.jpg

and one for AssCreed:

2014-11-07_15-22-43.jpg

notice anything missing?

Asgaro

Right seeing as it's lunch time and I'm not down the pub I thought I'd send Ubi a couple of support emails so let's see what they say.

Also Battlefield 4 is available to try for free on Origin for 7 days.

Yeah I'm full of Steam news today.

I have yet to enter the free 7 days BF4 session Origin already did in the past...
I assume these things don't stack? :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yup, Dragon Age Origins is still awesome alright

edit: valkyria Chronicles
and Far Cry 4 / Ass Creed Unity normal editions are
now in the GMG VIP section

Dr Dogg

Hmmm just got an email back to check my Ubi support ticket. That was quick, I wonder wha...
PXlfomt.png

Urgh. Time to pester further.

Still I like the fact she calls it 'The Assassin;s Creed Unity'.

I have yet to enter the free 7 days BF4 session Origin already did in the past...
I assume these things don't stack? :)

I don't think so. I also think it's a one and done type affair so if you ever have 1 trial you can't have another one if a later promo comes up as it errors on me with Titan Fall the last time it came up.

Why do you guys care so much if ubis new games are on steam or not? You're going to need uplay anyways. If you want it on steam that bad just add it as a short cut :)

Most people prefer all their games in a single place. and updating via uPlay suckkks.

Because I want this to look neat
jewXsRP.png

this too.

I would buy it :(

....yup

4 days til Valkyria Chronicles is released on Steam
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QtMfKiYL990/U_dqxWDGSeI/AAAAAAAAFcE/ZBHhAXpsO3M/w492-h250/Ooga%2BChacka%2Bintensifies.gif[img][/QUOTE]

that gif is amazing.

Knurek

Hmmm just got an email back to check my Ubi support ticket. That was quick, I wonder wha...
PXlfomt.png

Urgh. Time to pester further.

"I am not interested in buying the game on Uplay store, unless you can guarantee a Steam key"
Tweet/mail times infinity.

Alavard

Why do you guys care so much if ubis new games are on steam or not? You're going to need uplay anyways. If you want it on steam that bad just add it as a short cut :)

uPlay sales are infrequent and suck. The base price for Unity is $70 CDN. I was able to pick up Black Flag for $25 on Steam back in the summer, which was 6-8 months after its original launch. Any guesses how long it will take Unity to drop to that value on uPlay?

I don't see why there would be a Steam logo on either Far Cry 4 or AssCreed. It doesn't use Steamworks and it's not exclusively sold through Steam. Plus it wasn't there last month, according to the Google Cache version.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do those -25% vouchers work for VIP games?

no but credit does

how exactly does this work? I went to the VIP section...saw the price of $14 for VC, clicked the order button...shows $17 in cart.

wat?

yeah its not working, youre supposed to go directly to the basket when you click order in the VIP section. give it a bit, its not supposed to update for another hour or so anyway

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hahaha I forgot about that thread. Been a while since I last spoke to EA support but I managed to wangle so ME2 DLC out of then for nowt.

Well, I talked to EA support yesterday and almost went insane cause the guy couldn't speak german properly. Seemed pretty nice otherwise though, he definitely was excited for his weekend as he told me numerous times.

no but credit does

Hmmm...too bad. That Origin India thing just isn't working for me and 32&#8364; would have been a good price for Far Cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom