• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varg

Banned
"An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed.
Please contact Steam Support"

Have had this for the past four days now with no type of payment method working. I have 17 bucks in my steam wallet and I can't buy anything with it. Anyone had this happen before and is their a fix? I already emailed steam support but I wont get a response until next week with their slow asses.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope ass unity runs moderately well on my old computer

i'll eventually want to play it, and just replace all the people by textureless maniquins

but keep the npc count

I sent that email to Bish/Stump. I doubt they respond much on these matters from my previous experience:
Great post. Moving this thread to Community has no pros and only cons.

I never, ever, ever check the Community forum, and wouldn't have found this thread if I hadn't been subscribed to it from before the move.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well after playing the new Tomb Raider for a couple of hours it's pretty much the most mediocre boring thing I've ever played. Well at least I have a PS4 copy so I can trade it in for something better. Xrd here I come!

Hey peeps. Finally feel like I am over the mountain with the cold I caught. And it took only a week. Missed being here more constantly instead of just reading one-two pages before going to bed.
I hate my OCD-ish behavior so much though. Just couldn't force myself to not catch up and skimmed over 150 pages the last 3 hours. Urgh, what a waste of time. It's the feeling of missing something. And all I got are a couple posts of some joke videos.
Also, just realized thread is in community. Doesn't matter to me anyway. And from the last few hours it also doesn't seem to have changed the thread much. Still very active and still not that off-topic. The people here already were a tight-knit community before, so that makes sense.
So... it's past midnight here so it's the dreaded day with the big B. Birthday D:
WEEEEE birthday!!!!
OK SteamGAF, that time is officially upon us once again. Yep, you didn't guess it... it's my birthday!
Happy birthday to all of you and Ozium, too!
Oh snape, AC Unity, FC4 or The Crew for free with a new GTX 780+ (sorry if LTTP just saw it on twitter)
I hope I can convince my shop to send me a code for my recently purchased 970.
Totally believed only 780 buyers would get a game the way you wrote it but after checking the link I see what you meant with 780+. 780/780Ti/970/980 buyers get a game for free.
Anyway, that's really cool and I hope once I get to buy me a PC in the coming months this deal will still stand. Far Cry 4 would be awesome. But I probably get a pre-built PC with monthly payment option, so I fear this deal won't cover me anyway. Ah, well. Hope dies last.
hey guys ... just so you know - there's a crazy pricing error on Blands: The Pre-Sequel ... here and you can get it for 5 quid
I know it says Blands2, but apparently they fucked something up and it actually sends the Pre-Sequel keys
unfortunately there's no way to check if it still works without buying it .. but it does work FOR NOW
Awesome find lashy! Gonna grab it immedi...
Edit: they already fixed it ... sorry :(
...sh**. That's what I deserve for catching up with the thread :/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I sent that email to Bish/Stump. I doubt they respond much on these matters from my previous experience:

I still think we should push for two separate threads. A gaming-side Steam thread focused exclusively on the Steam platform and an all-purpose PC platform thread for community.

This approach could be carried over to other platforms as well, with a tightly moderated gaming thread and a more easy-going community version dedicated to the specific platform.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing new, just some dragon talk.

Fixed for emphasis :p

Great post. Moving this thread to Community has no pros and only cons.

I never, ever, ever check the Community forum, and wouldn't have found this thread if I hadn't been subscribed to it from before the move.

That's why the mods moved us here. To make people check the community forum. We were sent here because members rarely ventured into the graveyard.

Besides, it's honestly not that bad. We haven't all simultaneously spontaneously combusted and withered into the dark abyss of Community pages 7-87 yet.

Deitus

That's why the mods moved us here. To make people check the community forum. We were sent here because members rarely ventured into the graveyard.

Besides, it's honestly not that bad. We haven't all simultaneously spontaneously combusted and withered into the dark abyss of Community pages 7-87 yet.

I don't think putting more threads in the graveyard is going to make more people check there. If anything, it's just going to add a lot more threads that only people who are subscribed even know exist. People who regularly post here are going to continue to do so, while people will no longer see the thread in the front page and pop in to see what's going on. The thread is only going to become more insular.

I do see the reasoning behind declaring this a community thread, and moving it to community. But I don't believe it will have any positive impact on the state of community threads at large.

Tellaerin

Fixed for emphasis :p

The problem as I see it is that moving the Steam thread here doesn't translate to more interest in the rest of the Community forum, at least not for me. While we were still on the Gaming side, I'd check the front page and read/post in other topics if they caught my eye. I don't even bother looking at anything else in Community. It's a bunch of static topics that I'm frankly not curious enough about to venture into. Since the Steam thread's usually my first destination here these days, moving us to Community has just made me less active on NeoGAF in general. I end up not checking Gaming or the rest of Community.

Since I got stuck on 1000 Amps, I decided to play this instead:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/305740/

Seems a fun little game. It was in a bundle, so check your bundles in a few days for Steam key.

Miguel81

A man can hope you know?

Ubi are all over the damn place. You never know if you'll get a Chaos Theory/Far Cry 3/Blood Dragon/Blacklist or another AC III/Black Flag/Double Agent/Beyond Good and Evil. I always hope for the former and sometimes it pans out, so all is not lost.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still think we should push for two separate threads. A gaming-side Steam thread focused exclusively on the Steam platform and an all-purpose PC platform thread for community.

This approach could be carried over to other platforms as well, with a tightly moderated gaming thread and a more easy-going community version dedicated to the specific platform.
separating the community would be much worse imo :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
separating the community would be much worse imo :/

you mean a having a thread where we actually talked about steam and games, and not treat it as our own personal blog would be worse?

one can dream I guess :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think putting more threads in the graveyard is going to make more people check there. If anything, it's just going to add a lot more threads that only people who are subscribed even know exist. People who regularly post here are going to continue to do so, while people will no longer see the thread in the front page and pop in to see what's going on. The thread is only going to become more insular.

I do see the reasoning behind declaring this a community thread, and moving it to community. But I don't believe it will have any positive impact on the state of community threads at large.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that this was a good idea, and I think the majority of Gaf members won't bother with looking into any thread that they're not already interested in over in the community section. But the line of thought the mods have taken is that this will be a way to revitalize this part of the forum.

And to say that "community isn't a graveyard" like Minsc said is sort of wrong. All you have to do is check the dates between the last page of the community section and the last page of the discussion section to see that the community section actually is a graveyard.

I just don't really think it's as bad as others say, though. It's not like we aren't already an insular community when there's no major sale going on. Our community is more open than other communities, but the thread's still slightly insular.

The problem as I see it is that moving the Steam thread here doesn't translate to more interest in the rest of the Community forum, at least not for me. While we were still on the Gaming side, I'd check the front page and read/post in other topics if they caught my eye. I don't even bother looking at anything else in Community. It's a bunch of static topics that I'm frankly not curious enough about to venture into. Since the Steam thread's usually my first destination here these days, moving us to Community has just made me less active on NeoGAF in general. I end up not checking Gaming or the rest of Community.

That's why I think this whole endeavor is kind of pointless. But it's what the mods want to try, so I figure that it's only fair to let them try for a bit.

you mean a having a thread where we actually talked about steam and games, and not treat it as our own personal blog would be worse?

But we do talk about games.

Well, sometimes.

GAMING tab changing to CONSOLEZ in a week

uhearditherefirst

We still have the Dark Souls GFWL removal thread and the Silent Hill 2 mods thread in gaming, so there's still hope :p

zkylon

zkylewd

i like this thread cos it's like a thread for friends that are just hanging out together and things to talk about pop up. some people are only interested in some things, others in other things and conversation just flows in one direction or the other. to me it's fun

if mods hate that they can just say it and make a rule or whatever. there's no need to separate the thread and split the community

MRORANGE

If Idon't get a reply from the mods this week then yeah, this seems like the only hope.

It's a shame if we have to separate the Steam thread, boundto happen but still a shame.

Is there a pre-load for Unity on steam? Thinking about getting it, 55 dollars using the key method JaseC mentioned which is a lot but in the end isn't really all that much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i like this thread cos it's like a thread for friends that are just hanging out together and things to talk about pop up. some people are only interested in some things, others in other things and conversation just flows in one direction or the other. to me it's fun

if mods hate that they can just say it and make a rule or whatever. there's no need to separate the thread and split the community

But it is a rule, it says so right on the first page. People just blatantly and willingly ignore it

zkylon

zkylewd
But it is a rule, it says so right on the first page. People just blatantly and willingly ignore it
what i mean is that if mods want to enforce it they should enforce it, i don't see much use to having separate threads. maybe i'm wrong but i imagine splitting the thread spawning two weak communities rather than two strong ones

if i'm banned/don't find the thread fun anymore i'll be ok

Volimar

That sounds awful to me. I'd hate for the Steam thread to just be stiff game discussion with people getting warnings and bans any time they make an off topic joke. I honestly don't understand why it bothers people to the extent that it does when the little tangents happen. What you're essentially saying is that we would have one "Just the Facts" thread and one graveyard that people will point you to if you don't adhere to the "Just the Facts" rule. Considering that even mods and the thread creator himself get involved in the joviality, I don't see going off topic occasionally as a bad thing. And this solution doesn't seem to have much to do with the reason that the thread was put in community anyway, so it'd be the solution to the wrong problem.

Steam client is being insanely slow for me. Doing anything is laggy and clicking has a 5 second delay. Everything else on my desktop works fine, and I played Advanced Warfare for a few hours without issue. Disk is at 2% going by task manager. Any advice?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
what bundle(s) was Pitiri on? Looks cool

It was in the Indie Gala Mobile bundle. I think it came with a Desura key.

It was also in the Multimedia Fusion 2 humble bundle.

I don't remember any others the game was in, and none of the wikis list it any other bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom