• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to unlock Far Cry 4 early? See some people talking about it but I don't know if they just pirated it

Retail copies work, which is why the PC version has leaked. Somebody was banned earlier for admitting that he downloaded a cracked copy for "evaluation" purposes and hadn't pre-ordered.

Ruruja

dd9f8dc68f0f1106e424e4c7c75b5f64.gif

Can't stop laughing.

Grief.exe

A little late on this, but looks like Hyper Light Drifter will top out at 30 FPS. Looks like worst case scenario confirmed.

Keep in mind many sprite-based games are animated well below 60 FPS, but still render at the higher framerate.

I'm guessing some people might have figured this out, but I asked Heartmachinez on the Double Fine Day of the Devs twitch stream about why the choice for 30fps:

icRGuaNd8abAa.png

iNswZsb5dxXlJ.png

iMWDH52heBuxu.png

iSzp2i0BIFFlf.png

Turns out hand drawn animation at 60fps is not easy.

If Binding of Isaac and VC had beaten out both Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, that would have been an ironic look at the industry.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Retail copies work, which is why the PC version has leaked. Somebody was banned earlier for admitting that he downloaded a cracked copy for "evaluation" purposes and hadn't pre-ordered.

What? Ubisoft why do you do this to me? Why do you hate me for buying for games online?

A little late on this, but looks like Hyper Light Drifter will top out at 30 FPS. Looks like worst case scenario confirmed.

Keep in mind many sprite-based games are animated well below 60 FPS, but still render at the higher framerate.
That's a shame, hopefully the devs manage to change that.

autoduelist

Safe to watch if one is interested in actually playing the game later?

As in, I know there will be spoilers by definition, but does it feel like the kind of spoiler that renders the story moot?

It gives away the player's motivation for the game, but otherwise is fairly safe?

If you want a completely safe extremely low spoiler explanation of the easter egg:

At the beginning of the game, you are with the central enemy of the game at his headquarters. He asks you to wait You're supposed to sneak out and start the game. If you actually wait 15 minutes, the baddie comes back, basically tells you he knows who you are and what you want... and then effectively gives it to you and the two of you go off together. Credits roll.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

My wallet thirsts for this bundle to be real, and for it not to be a mobile related bundle.

That one version of DX3 sounds like it could have been really good. The idea of gaining your enemies memories and forcing them to be your in-brain counselor sounds fucking rad.

Plus the whole premise sort of reminds me of a renegade version of Robocop.

Might have to check the demo out later, I've been really interested in the game.

Well? Where is it, i want to post my frustrations too.

It's one click away from being posted. Had to cool down a bit and edit out a couple of not so nice things in my head. I wonder if I should wait in case Valve does something later today, but no daily doesn't fill me with confidence...

Turfster

It's one click away from being posted. Had to cool down a bit and edit out a couple of not so nice things in my head. I wonder if I should wait in case Valve does something later today, but no daily doesn't fill me with confidence...

Doubt Valve are going to do anything.
They didn't do anything for the HL birthday or the Steam birthday either.

Zeeman

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-7E7EC1F2AB55CD8D - Taken by Jadax

Also, Insurgency for three people: https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=qWnwpzGuHSFq6NSS

Saty

Doubt Valve are going to do anything.
They didn't do anything for the HL birthday or the Steam birthday either.
We gotta take a page from Dota2 fans and make them give clear answers. I call for Volvo's social channel flooding. 'GIVE HL NEWS'

My birthday is today and boy, am I glad to stay indoors all day today because I believe I drank too much for one night.

It'll be nice to catch up on some games.

RS4-

Ugh, I want to get DA:I for PC but that Denuvo DRM or whatever, christ, that shit is holding me back.

Anyway, watching stream of FC4, another game that continues the unskippable cutscenes bullshit. Fuck off.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
What kind of games would be included in a sega humble bundle? Only terrible sonic games?

"We here at Sega were very pleases by Valkyria Chronicles performance on the PC market. Which is why we are pleased to announce our newest project, aimed at giving PC gamers the port they deserve... Sonic and the Black Knight for PC! As a special incentive, it will be in our upcoming Sega Humble Bundle, in the $15 tier, for pre-ordering purposes.

Please be excited."

My birthday is today and boy, am I glad to stay indoors all day today because I believe I drank too much for one night.

Happy birthday!

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm back at the situation that i would love skullgirls to be any other genre than fighting

those character designs are soo cool

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Anyway, watching stream of FC4, another game that continues the unskippable cutscenes bullshit. Fuck off.

Urgh, I wanna play that game. Now would be perfect, I actually have some time right now and my preload is ready. But on thursday that time goes *poof* and disappears for a month. Ech.

Ugh, I want to get DA:I for PC but that Denuvo DRM or whatever, christ, that shit is holding me back.

That's a bummer, hope there isn't any performance problems with Denuvo.

Anteater

far cry 3 is like an ass creed game that i actually like

maybe I'll get burned out of it later on i don't know but at least i like the combat so far

MQX

Happy birthday!! :D

What? Humble Sega Bundle is announced? And it's getting available soon? :O Hopefully CoH2 is BTA game :X(and that the bundle doesn't have Sonic games).

Nzyme32

Not sure if it's been posted yet but here some (rumored?) first screens from Game of Thrones Telltale series.

B2ht81oCYAAGfKe.jpg

More in the link.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Looks nice, it's about what I expected from Telltales engine, I'm glad they are at least going with a more realistic look than TWD or TWAU.

Hmm she looks familar

B2ht8v7CAAADb6A.jpg

Looking like telltale have either tweaked their engine or got a whole new one for this. In any case, I will miss out on this unlike every other telltale game, but only because I am yet to watch any Game of Thrones and get the impression I might need to if it starts somewhere around it's 3rd season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom