• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Pretty sad that one of Ass Creeds biggest fans seems to have the biggest issues with their games.

AC framerate drops to 15fps
JaseC: yesssss! do you feel it? the clashing of GPUs and Memory limitations?
AC crashes
JaseC: I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN, time to reload the game
AC save file not found or is corrupted
JaseC: HURT. ME. MORE!

speaking of uplay I have call of juarez gunslinger since I like dem juarez games (cept the cartel) does it use uplay or am I safe?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AC framerate drops to 15fps
JaseC: yesssss! do you feel it? the clashing of GPUs and Memory limitations?
AC crashes
JaseC: I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN, time to reload the game
AC save file not found or is corrupted
JaseC: HURT. ME. MORE!

Maldo PM'd be with some advice (basically, the biggest issue with the game in its current state is that it's overzealous with shader/texture caching, which can be alleviated somewhat by abusing the checkpoint system) but I think I'm just going to wait until after I'm done with Far Cry 4, which, by pretty much all accounts, seems to be a solid port. There's a video on YouTube of some dude running it at max settings on a 660.

speaking of uplay I have call of juarez gunslinger since I like dem juarez games (cept the cartel) does it use uplay or am I safe?

Gunslinger is a Steamworks game. Unlike EA, Ubi doesn't force Uplay upon its third-party development partners.

didamangi

Still waiting for a Riddick sale on GOG. Anyone know an online store that still sell a steam key for Riddick btw? I seem to recall there was a sale somewhere for it a few months ago. Gamersgate or Gamestop or something.

Jawmuncher

Well, I've heard only one song, and that was great. Things I don't understand:

-if I push LB, Red starts singing...why?
-if I push RB, Red do a jump-swing...why? I can't damage enemies with that.

Also:

-what is the purpose on questionaries? I don't know anything about the lore, so I just select a random option and I go on.

And finally, I can't understand how the upgrades work in this game. I have the same from the beginning of the game, because I'm too lazy to read description and chaning accordly my equipment. Anyway, is very unintuitive. Those limitatios, what they do exactly?

Those moves aren't needed for anything.
Singing just lets you hear different hummed songs, and maybe there's a use for the other move but I beat the whole game without it.

Questionnaires affect the games locations and some other things later on. So you should pick what you actually want. The limitations increase XP you get from battle. Don't really need those either though. Since the first Playthrough you're pretty guided with the combat and what you unlock yet .

Lastly for adding techniques to combat moves it's all about trying out. At the start once again you won't have much but by later on you'll get a lot and quote a few are really useful.

JaseC

Ban Puncher

you have chosen wisely....

once you go steam, you never go... something that rhymes w/ steam but isn't steam.. i dunno

Once you go Steam, you become wary of green
light.

Once you go Steam, you'll still yearn to dream
cast.

Once you go Steam, your e-peen will stream cream like a beam until it's a meme scheme. Keen to join the team? Scream at this theme.

didamangi

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-chronicles-of-riddick-assault-on-dark-athena/72990 Who knows why Atari has yet to bring it back to the Steam Store as it did with Ghostbusters. Evidently Atari still has publishing rights.

Thanks. It has to be Gamestop of course. Can't even load the page because of their ridiculous region block

Take it from GOG, on Steam there's TAGES, so GOG version is better.

I know. Gonna buy both of em on sale hopefully.

nobodyreadsmyposts.jpg

It was in the sale rotation.... yesterday?
I even announced it here and everything =p

Must've missed it, I usually read all your post on sale items :3
Probably a flash deal huh?

Turfster

I tried, but since they combine with the power you already own, I don't know if adding a update to a power would be good or not. I did it twice, but what result was worst then the original power.

It tells you what adding something to an expansion slot does, tho, in the big description box

Still waiting for a Riddick sale on GOG. Anyone know an online store that still sell a steam key for Riddick btw? I seem to recall there was a sale somewhere for it a few months ago. Gamersgate or Gamestop or something.
nobodyreadsmyposts.jpg

It was in the sale rotation.... two days ago? 80% off
I even announced it here and everything =p
It also has a generic 50% off at the moment.
Chances of it being rerun today are great.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You are scary >.<

image.php

Could someone give me a little background on Lords of Xulima?

Sinatar made an OT that you might find helpful.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=933169

That alternate ending for far cry 4 is really cool. Reminds me of easter eggs from way back.

Safe to watch if one is interested in actually playing the game later?

As in, I know there will be spoilers by definition, but does it feel like the kind of spoiler that renders the story moot?

Jawmuncher

Yes, I want push X and win :D
At least Ghostbusters was something like that, you have four different weapons, but no matter what you'll choose, you'll win anyway :D

Talking seriously, at the moment I'm in the mood for "stupid" games, I think I will stop playing Transistor for now, doing something stupid. The problem is, I finished stupid games at the moment. I have Costume Quest 2, that is stupid enough, but I'm not in the mood to

"Knock knock, guess who is here?"
"Ouch, a monster, let's fight him!"

So Jaw is right, I'm tired to play games right now :D

I think I'll do again Metal Gear Solid 1.

Yep I know the feeling.
There's plenty of days where I just can't put the effort to play certain games. Bayonetta 2 did that to me the other night when I came home late from work.

Momentary

Banned
Okay so it's been nearly 2 days since we launched Steam News Thread, a thanks to everyone who has taken part.

We need to now discuss on any changes or matters that need clearing up on what the thread should be about.

Most common issues right now:

- is games updates worthy of a post or not?
- what place do reviews have in the Steam News Thread?
- should the rules for the Steam community thread be kept or relaxed.

We've taken a massive dive since we hIt community with off-topic post but with no one to moderate the rules are jon-existent.

I don't know about patches being posted, but content being added to games should go there.

JaseC

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy makes me wish all the more that Human Head's Prey 2 wasn't cancelled. I have faith that Arkane will deliver on its promise to make "a sequel to System Shock 2", but an open-world alien bounty hunting game with Mirror's Edge-inspired movement that doesn't come at the expense of solid first-person shooting is immensely more interesting to me than trying to out-System Shock BioShock.

Okay so it's been nearly 2 days since we launched Steam News Thread, a thanks to everyone who has taken part.

We need to now discuss on any changes or matters that need clearing up on what the thread should be about.

We've taken a massive dive since we hIt community with off-topic post but with no one to moderate the rules are jon-existent.

On updates I don't want people to come out and declare what games are worthwhile what games aren't. Either all games can have updates posted, or none can. I personally find the posts on updates fine, and interesting. I had no idea about Neo Scavanger until someone posted it had been updated, so I took a look at it.

Once you go Steam, you become wary of green
light.

Once you go Steam, you'll still yearn to dream
cast.

Once you go Steam, your e-peen will stream cream like a beam until it's a meme scheme. Keen to join the team? Scream at this theme.
The first time in a while I actually smiled on a post. Thanks mate.

Nzyme32

- Major updates that have wider reaching implications are good, but I rather not see continous streams of patch notes or Payday 2 updates. But I think you can leave this up to peoples own volition too. I'm sure people can easily point out when it is a rather pointless post

- Reviews probably don't belong there, but as part of a sale for a game or if on topic for discussion, I think short impression are certainly valid to the degree of those in this threads OP

- I can't actually recall the rules, but what happens in this thread at the moment seems fairly reasonable. Things go off an a tangent from time to time but that is part of the fun. Thing tend to always return to the point after a time.

Turfster

GMG's deal of the day is Company of Heroes 75% off
(you might want to wait to see if the SEGA bundle materializes after all)

Bundlestars Paradox weekend update:
  • Magicka Franchise 75% off
  • Sword of the Stars II Enhanced 80% off
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War 75% off

DocSeuss

Anyone know how to pick new levels in Half-Life and NOT lose all your weapons and/or retain weapons?

Trying to spawn into Blast Pit to play through it and I keep not having any guns.

JaseC

I'm not surprised that Valve forgot about HL2's 10th birthday.

Anyone know how to pick new levels in Half-Life and NOT lose all your weapons and/or retain weapons?

Trying to spawn into Blast Pit to play through it and I keep not having any guns.

Cheat via the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom