• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing some HL2 today and I just had a random thought, what about a Blue Shift 2? I know people prefer OF to BS but I liked it a lot back in the day.

Given the gravitas with which people take offence by lack of information about HL3, I can only imagine that there would be riots in the streets if the next Half Life was a Barney game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
experte, Lifeless Planet WAS too long, still liked it tho, quite a bit in fact, and im not exaclty sure what I would do to trim it without making the levels smaller, which would go against the obvious tone of a big ass vast planet they were going for. Make you run faster would help for one >_>

Jawmuncher

I got to that one mission in VC, the one with the super tank.
Yeah think i'm just gonna use a guide for that, since apparently it's the hardest map in the game.

Grief.exe

Been taking a serious look at the current-gen consoles with the Black Friday deals coming up.

Having a tough time deciding between the XBO and WiiU, but the PS4 is looking like a 2016 purchase to me.

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah think i'm just gonna use a guide for that, since apparently it's the hardest map in the game.

that was were I stopped on ps3, its funny to see years later that its quite infamous now

Been taking a serious look at the current-gen consoles with the Black Friday deals coming up.

Having a tough time deciding between the XBO and WiiU, but the PS4 is looking like a 2016 purchase to me.

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

but bloodborne comes out next year. what could you possibly want for XB1 anyway, at least that wont possibly come to PC eventually? The WiiU I could see tho

Ozium

WiiU obviously...

unless you are dying to play the 1 or 2 exclusive games on the bone that won't come to pc at some point
but will probably come anyways

Jawmuncher

that was were I stopped on ps3, its funny to see years later that its quite infamous now

As soon as I started the mission and let a turn go by, I already knew I was in for something bad. Went to look it up and lo and behold it's just nothing but infamy for that level. Say what you will about VC2, it never had anything as crazy as that. I'll get through it tomorrow regardless though.

derExperte

experte, Lifeless Planet WAS too long, still liked it tho, quite a bit in fact, and im not exaclty sure what I would do to trim it without making the levels smaller, which would go against the obvious tone of a big ass vast planet they were going for. Make you run faster would help for one >_>

Shorten the levels at least a bit and put some actual puzzles in, everything that involved the claw arm thingy felt superfluous. Maybe some actual resource management instead of making running out of oxygen a triggered gimmick. And what did you think of the story? Imo it ruined the mystery far too soon and what we got wasn't very intriguing the way they presented it. Nothing was as cool as the
Russian town
at the beginning, mostly just more hills.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

All you really need to do is
fill your team with lancers, take out the left (as in the side that's closest to the tank at first) and back radiators of the tank first, and make sure to hit more than just one radiator during one round. If you can get two hits on two radiators and destroy another the first time the radiators appear, you should be set, as long as you move your troops out of the way of the reinforcements.

iTs2jKw2iV7KM.gif

That $60 wii u price error though.

Grief.exe

but bloodborne comes out next year. what could you possibly want for XB1 anyway, at least that wont possibly come to PC eventually? The WiiU I could see tho

Strongly leaning towards the WiiU, but XBO has some cool games now and coming down the pipe. Sunset Overdrive (out of everything, this is the most likely to see a PC release, MCC, Quantum Break, Phantom Dust, Gears, Scalebound, etc.

Bloodborne is awesome, I love FromSoft, but early 2015 is just ludicrously packed with games. Witcher 3, Evolve, Killing Floor 2, Hotline Miami 2, REmake, Below, and I might be forgetting some. Getting a PS4 for that one game might not be realistic, hell I can barely justify getting a WiiU at this point and that is the strongest current gen console by a wide margin.

Strider

]

Go with the Wii U :)

Great first party lineup and you can start off with the 2014 GOTY in Bayonetta 2.

Rhaknar

Shorten the levels at least a bit and put some actual puzzles in, everything that involved the claw arm thingy felt superfluous. Maybe some actual resource management instead of making running out of oxygen oxygen a triggered gimmick. And what did you think of the story? Imo it ruined the mystery far too soon and what we got wasn't very intriguing the way they presented it. Nothing was as cool as the
Russian town
at the beginning, just more hills.

it was alright. I liked that there was no twist (no
"the plant lady is actually your wife!!!"
for example), just the continuous story / explanation of the
russian dealings
on the planet.

youre right tho, nothing was as cool as the
russian abandoned town
. Its a cool little game, nothing else. Worth playing I think, especially like I said this morning, since most of us got it from bundles

MRORANGE

Being in Community doesn't mean being unmoderated. :p I imagine this thread will continue to be moderated to more or less the same extent it was before. Like you, we do have a hard time keeping up with such a fast-moving thread, and there will likely be swathes of posts we haven't looked at or noticed. NSFW stuff and console wars continue to not be appropriate even in Community, and anyone should feel free to PM one of the mods if stuff like that is getting posted.

Thank you for posting this reminder.

Thanks for the notice, nice to know.

wilflare

Is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare worth playing?
I doubt I'll play much of the MP since I'm really bad at it (so no one would want me on the team lol)

saw the Russoland price and I'm like HMMM (CoD games rarely go for so cheap even while on sale)

Miguel81

Strongly leaning towards the WiiU, but XBO has some cool games now and coming down the pipe. Sunset Overdrive (out of everything, this is the most likely to see a PC release, MCC, Quantum Break, Phantom Dust, Gears, Scalebound, etc.

Bloodborne is awesome, I love FromSoft, but early 2015 is just ludicrously packed with games. Witcher 3, Evolve, Killing Floor 2, Hotline Miami 2, REmake, Below, and I might be forgetting some. Getting a PS4 for that one game might not be realistic, hell I can barely justify getting a WiiU at this point and that is the strongest current gen console by a wide margin.

Go WiiU, Grief. It's building up one helluva library, and dat Zelda. Metroid news is something to look forward to as well.

Rhaknar

so I got 1 person on my friends list who've purchased FF13-2. Is everyone waiting to see how the port is compared to the first?

everyone I know that bought it did it on GMG (including me) and we dont have keys yet

I doubt I'll play much of the MP since I'm really bad at it (so no one would want me on the team lol)

saw the Russoland price and I'm like HMMM (CoD games rarely go for so cheap even while on sale)

I only play the COD campaigns (and enjoy them quite a bit) and I thought it was the best since COD4. For comparison sake, I think Blops 2, MW3 and Ghosts are the worse of the modern ones

Campaign is fun, coop is horde mode like MW3.

Miguel81

Metroid news I'm hoping for! Star Fox I'm hoping goes back to it's SNES/64 days with it's new entry otherwise I'm passing completely.

Metroid is my favorite series next to Ninja Gaiden. I agree with you on Star Fox -- 64 was incredible with the Rumble Pack, and I want more of that and not Dinosaur Planet.

Anyway, OT.

I get these guys every time I refresh my TF2 Outpost trade. My policy now is that if your profile is locked down I'm not adding you cause I'm likely to get this my friend shit.

They are evolving, though. I got one of those the other day and the person or bot that added me linked a "photo of my schoolmates" instead of the usual steamcolmunity bullshit.

The thing that added me also had an open profile and was level 5 or 6.

Strazyplus

I get these guys every time I refresh my TF2 Outpost trade. My policy now is that if your profile is locked down I'm not adding you cause I'm likely to get this my friend shit.

My profile is locked because Playfire keeps pestering me and trying to perv.... and they are annoying. wanna see my games? add me... want to see what I have... ask me... enuff said. :p

And another one:

1674ec2f1b.png

I never gotten these publishing scams yet...

Deitus

I picked this up earlier in the week with the intention of giving it away, but then I kind of forgot about it until just now. Whoops.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-DBCB7795B2F7FA3F - Taken by Sharkiller. 25 entrants total.

t1416204461z1.png

Also, someone please take these copies of Risk of Rain. They need to be redeemed before Nov 25th, and I would hate for them to evaporate before someone could claim them.

Risk of Rain #3 -- MB-1744910C99E68804 - Taken by Vazduh. 7 entrants total.
Risk of Rain #2 -- MB-8C6F70C9163FB2CC

PM Modbot to Claim

MRORANGE

I think the person who wanted to ask SalsaShark for money was the best SteamChat I ever saw, the dude requested money off him? to buy games, he promised he would get a job and pay him back later when he had the funds + other stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom