• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

I'm having a bad day.
Giving away stuff helps :)

(ModBot will repost this with the original game's picture, I changed this one myself. But it is Rebirth, not the original.)

Life's never easy for Spyware, I know. Always getting blocked by browser extensions and chased around by programs like Malwarebytes and SpybotS&D... sounds like a rough life. :(

Seriously, though, hope things take a turn for the better for you soon!

I have 2 games to share with you guys.

5KQ5IMU.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i really wish i could find a background i liked

i'm tired of elizabeth

when's hate plus gonna get cards or something

tmarg

My current background sells for over a $1.30. Huzzah!

Most I ever got for one though was 5ish for a Space Rangers HD space background.

The only thing I've ever gotten that was even remotely valuable is the :pinkheart: emote from offspring fling. I'm not even sure why that is worth anything, it's just a heart and not even rare.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
KyWUxx0.png

I've spent 147 hours of my life on this game.

Never again.

Fuck Bethesda's inability to fix the numerous glitches in this game. You guys shit all over for its writing and combat system, but its greatest sin by far is the mind boggling amount of glitches.

jblank83

KyWUxx0.png

I've spent 147 hours of my life on this game.

Never again.

Fuck Bethesda's inability to fix the numerous glitches in this game. You guys shit all over for its writing and combat system, but its greatest sin by far is the mind boggling amount of glitches.

Inability or unwilling apathy?

Spyware

*Bear Hug* feel better Spyware.
Life's never easy for Spyware, I know. Always getting blocked by browser extensions and chased around by programs like Malwarebytes and SpybotS&D... sounds like a rough life. :(

Seriously, though, hope things take a turn for the better for you soon!
Heh :)

Many thanks. It's my birthday week and it's always really tough. Gonna be better when it's over. Have another giveaway lined up for the day with the big B to help get through it :p
(it's not about age, it's about being very, very lonely)

Going to try streaming Advanced Warfare single player on veteran, doubt it will go well. On the 4th mission
Link

Edit: Lol, nevermind. Weird computer issues.

Phawx

Think it's premature to start getting full badge level per game at cheapest prices right now? I'm hoping xmas has some incentives for crafting. Been averaging $2.30~ for full five level.

tmarg

Think it's premature to start getting full badge level per game at cheapest prices right now? I'm hoping xmas has some incentives for crafting. Been averaging $2.30~ for full five level.

Have the rewards ever actually been worth the price of the cards? I'm sure they'll have a crafting metagame during the sale, but I doubt you'd make money participating.

Incredibly useful site

Are the Advanced Warfare load times absurdly long for everyone else?

zkylon

zkylewd
i dunno if it's me getting frustrated but i could swear i hear a woman groaning every 6 or 7 deaths in lovely planet

Josman

Is it possible to add Retroarch to steam library? It would be pretty comfortable with my DS4.

Also, is L4D worth it If I just got L4D2?

Phawx

Have the rewards ever actually been worth the price of the cards? I'm sure they'll have a crafting metagame during the sale, but I doubt you'd make money participating.

During the summer sale, I sold two items for ~$40. One was a $30 battleblock theatre hat.

Edit: My question had more to do with, Do you think Valve will have incentives during the xmas sale via crafting badges? Like what do you think the over/under is?

jblank83

I'd like to think it's because Bethesda is generally incompetent in that department.

I remember downloading a fan made memory space error patch for Fallout 3, a full application crash problem Bethesda never ever bothered to patch. Then New Vegas rolls around and it has the exact same bug, for which a fan released the same patch. Same goes for the patches that improved performance and load times by something like 15%, simply by cleaning up a bunch of dead links in the flat files.

Ridiculous and inexcusable.

Colin.

Recently completed The Room. I kept my expectations realistic, given its mobile routes. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Great little puzzle game. It took me just under 4.5 hours, so not much of a time sink, and just about the right amount of challenge for me personally. 12 hours left in the sale, if you're on the fence, and really enjoy puzzle games, you won't regret it. It's a shame that the second game apparently won't be coming to Steam any time soon, based on what I found on the developers Facebook page:

we don't have any plans for The Room Two on PC at the moment, we're busy enough making The Room Three & Omega Agent! If things change we'll post here to let everyone know.

Just one of the best youtubers.

Shame he takes a decade and a half to release a new video.

Um, he released three videos last month, a video game Halloween special, and a two-parter TV show Halloween special. He's been faster than I could have hoped since he left Game Grumps.

Sorry, for jutting into this thread randomly, but thought I'd just let you know.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Recently completed The Room. I kept my expectations realistic, given its mobile routes. But I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Great little puzzle game. It took me just under 4.5 hours, so not much of a time sink, and just about the right amount of challenge for me personally. 12 hours left in the sale, if you're on the fence, and really enjoy puzzle games, you won't regret it. It's a shame that the second game apparently won't be coming to Steam any time soon, based on what I found on the developers Facebook page:

That's understandable. Maybe post Room Three and and a Humble Bundle.

Is Nuuvem going to ban me or anything crazy if I contact support in English asking why the order is listed as completed but there is no key? Someone in the OT said he got his key

you can tweet them in english and they'll reply in english pretty quick
Can they actually do account things from there?

Just write something like "Hey, I ordered an Advance Warfare key and was charged for it, and the order is listed as complete but I have no key. Thanks!"?

zkylon

zkylewd
Can they actually do account things from there?

Just write something like "Hey, I ordered an Advance Warfare key and was charged for it, and the order is listed as complete but I have no key. Thanks!"?
i dunno but they can give you more information. that's what i did with saints row 4, they basically just told me to wait a little longer cos they were out of keys or something

just ask em if they have an eta on your key or something

they prolly operate like gmg that they have a limited number of keys and that sometimes get a huge number of preorders at the last minute or something and have to order some more

Knurek

Did you have the community bugfixes installed? I think that takes care of most of the crap Bethesda let into the game.

Also, guys, it's really sad that the new COD is the only Advance Wars game we are going to legit get on a PC. :(

Derp

Guys, Steam says i got the Community Ambassador badge, and that i "completed all community tasks" even though i didn't. I've done 22/26 of them. I'm aware that i get 100xp at this point, but i got the whole badge for some reason :/ Also says 200xp but i only got 100. Or does that include the 100 from a long time ago when i did some of the tasks...

I'm so lost...

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ladies and gentlemen, I present to you - every modern military shooter game ever made in one small picture:

2014-11-03_07-28-24.jpg

i dunno but they can give you more information. that's what i did with saints row 4, they basically just told me to wait a little longer cos they were out of keys or something

just ask em if they have an eta on your key or something

they prolly operate like gmg that they have a limited number of keys and that sometimes get a huge number of preorders at the last minute or something and have to order some more
Hopefully it works out quickly!
And I am still terrible at Call of Duty online.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spyware, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spyware, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth -- MB-8B423EAB343B95DB - Taken by The Dear Leader. 55 entrants total.

t1415000481z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom