• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Come rain or come shine, come bugs or brilliance I'm not picking up Fallout 4 until the inevitable bundled edition. Just got too much on my plate at the moment (I think I need to stack my backlog in to a tower of shame to motivate me).

Also Clicker Heroes is a lock for SteamGAF GOTY.
Timeclickers > Clicker Heroes

Oh yeah they are making Life is Strange 2 for you guys.

Wait they removed Mika's ass spank before her super?

There was a giant thread about it the other day. They didn't, it's still there the sound is still there. The camera just isn't shown on her ass as much. The camera starts at a different point. The actual super ender is what was changed the most.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
One of my favorite things is to read the reactions to something on the Developer side, and then see when it rolls out how the internet responds to it.

981f830358abbb70e3e5480c3ac2855c.png

I might just love reading reactions too much.

Played a bit Dark Souls 2 last night.

Forgot how obnoxiously big the HUD elements are. And no way of HUD scaling ala DSFix in GeDoSaTo. FromSoftware pls.

Jawmuncher

I still think it's pretty funny that after all of the hype and talk of Dontnod with Life is Strange
They still fell into the trap of your choices not mattering
Since that was the big thing everyone said DN wasn't going to do. Not a big deal though, all about the journey if you ask me and the little touches & choices that made your experience unique. So pretty much the real differences are DN (as of now) offers more interactivity and puzzles in their game, while TT goes for more of an interactive movie with your own touches.

But god damn do both of them need a new engine or slightly higher budgets.

dex3108

I still think it's pretty funny that after all of the hype and talk of Dontnod with Life is Strange
They still fell into the trap of your choices not mattering
Since that was the big thing everyone said DN wasn't going to do. Not a big deal though, all about the journey if you ask me and the little touches & choices that made your experience unique. So pretty much the real differences are DN (as of now) offers more interactivity and puzzles in their game, while TT goes for more of an interactive movie with your own touches.

But god damn do both of them need a new engine or slightly higher budgets.

Well they
do matter
in a way. Maybe not in last 20 minutes but i felt different whenever game reminded me on
choice
i did few episodes back.

P.S. Oh boy this will end up great

The Frame Rate of Fallout 4 in Interiors is horrible [PS4]

Jawmuncher

Well they
do matter
in a way. Maybe not in last 20 minutes but i felt different whenever game reminded me on
choice
i did few episodes back.

That's what i'm getting at. Since exactly what you said people have given TT shit about in the past.

--------

You know with Fallout 4 I kind of what reviewers to give it more backlash.
Just to kind of force bethesda next time to build something more technically sound.
As I have said before we joke about how on PC modders will fix it and such, but I really don't feel that is right.

dex3108

That's what i'm getting at. Since exactly what you said people have given TT shit about in the past..

i played TWD Season 1 and LiS Season 1 and to be honest i felt that
my choices matter more
in LiS than in TWD. Maybe it is not true but i have that feeling.

Here are some money, go buy me games.

Can't wait to use this line when I become a dad someday.

Heard a few excuses like that in the Alienware stream this past week as well. "I'll sell my soul if you'll give me a Dark Souls 2 code." "I need the code for my kid." "Is this where we get the free codes?"

Shepard

It's a shame that the Trine 3 devs didnt have enough money to lenghten the game. About 2 hours in and I'm finding the experience much more refined than the previous 2 games. The 3d levels really bring the amazing visuals of the game to life, instead of just a pretty background. Also, gameplay kinda reminds me of those old psx games like crash and spyro (including searching for collectibles). Overall, it's a really, really nice game that makes me wonder where all the backlash came from. Even if it is 4-5hours long, I can see it still being one of my favorite platformers this gen. Also, visuals are among the best I've ever seen: playing it @ 4k downsapled to 1080p, I honestly can't find a better looking game right now. Give it a shot guys, it's a crime to see this labeled as the bastard child of the franchise.

Yeah, something funky is up with the Steam community and play tracking right now. I just finished Tales from the Borderlands but even my client says that my last play session was in August.

I played through Novice Mode in Mushihimesama. Pretty good so far. Difficult, but fair.

I'm not used to bullet hell shooters that don't have upgrades I can buy with money, but it was fine. Thought the boss that could get its legs shot off was a pretty neat fight. Still have to download the Durante fix and try Normal Mode, but it was difficult enough just on the lowest setting.

Knurek

Let it be known that Mushihimesama is quite easy.

I just 1cced the game on second try.

Novice Original, obviously. All other modes straight up murder me

Monooboe

Just to kind of force bethesda next time to build something more technically sound.
As I have said before we joke about how on PC modders will fix it and such, but I really don't feel that is right.

I still remember the disappointment I felt when they announced Oblivion because the engine, mostly the fact that indoor and outdoor and so disconnected and that's actually something they seem to have opened up in Fallout 4. So little progress, just took awhile.XD

Jawmuncher

i played TWD Season 1 and LiS Season 1 and to be honest i felt that
my choices matter more
in LiS than in TWD. Maybe it is not true but i have that feeling.

I would take that more as just having a better connection with one story over the other.

Ludens

Banned
So all my Steam play time stats have disappeared, on my games section and in my profile.

Common bug?

I've restarted the client but they're still not there...

Yeah, something fucked up even for me, I lost around 20 hours in DS2 Sins and MGSV, I don't know why, but I heard other people having problems too.

Grief.exe

I want video games as a whole to be reviewed more objectively. Review games on innovation, compelling mechanics that push the industry forward, and unique narrative and design elements.
Go check out a movie or music review, this is the only form of media which reviews based on marketing budget, development budget, and then subjective measures, rather than degree the piece of media pushes the industry forward.

I still remember the disappointment I felt when they announced Oblivion because the engine, mostly the fact that indoor and outdoor and so disconnected and that's actually something they seem to have opened up in Fallout 4. So little progress, just took awhile.XD

10 years of progress. Bethesda is truly measured on a different stick than other developers.

This Fallout Thread is scaring me.
People defending a company that didnt even bother to fix their old console ports and say even if the framerate is shit, its fine if the game is fun and kinda being passive-agressive of anyone who dares to criticize the port..-

Uzzy

I want video games as a whole to be reviewed more objectively. Review games on innovation, compelling mechanics that push the industry forward, and unique narrative and design elements.
Go check out a movie or music review, this is the only form of media which reviews based on marketing budget, development budget, and then subjective measures, rather than degree the piece of media pushes the industry forward.

Push the games industry towards what? If you want an objective review based on how the piece of media pushes the industry forward, then you must have an end point by which it can be measured. And who decides what that end point is? You? Me? Karl Marx?

Ludens

Banned
I don't understand why every Bethesda game is 10/10 GOTY while usually they are literally filled with bugs, becoming playable only when a real GOTY is released.

Dsyndrome

People can like Fallout 4, but they should still know exactly what they're getting into. Anyone expecting anything other than a Bethesda joint were lying to themselves, one can only hope that it's not as bad as last time, same as the Ass Creed cycle.

Anteater

People defending a company that didnt even bother to fix their old console ports and say even if the framerate is shit, its fine if the game is fun and kinda being passive-agressive of anyone who dares to criticize the port..-

people get toxic over their favorite game, it's one thing I hate about the gaming community, it's a product, it's not perfect and it's fine to accept that.

Tizoc

A solid locked 30 FPS or 60 FPS is something these kids need to see with their very own eyes so they're reminded why this BS can't stand.
I played DanganRonpa AE on the Vita and its FPS dips really affected my enjoyment of the game. I did end up beating it and liking it but the performance really irked me.

Nzyme32

those energizer batteries suck, fuck get better batteries, they last like 2 seconds

Eneloop batteries are the only batteries I am happy with. Rechargable and last a ridiculously long time, both in terms of life from a single charge and longevity of maintaining charge over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom