• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurdfurd

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Wurdfurd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sirius Online -- MB-5659597D88BD5E74 - Taken by GERGiEV. 2 entrants total.
Ring Runner -- MB-3AEC80D27495376E - Taken by Loptous. 4 entrants total.
In Exilium -- MB-061982F9DC297A72 - Taken by bobnowhere. 14 entrants total.
CyberPunk 3776 -- MB-81DE159D2D8EF8A8 - Taken by Blu(e). 2 entrants total.
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-845D2D5C0E65DF7C - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
8-Bit Commando -- MB-70F8A6FADD2EE174 - Taken by Garandorf. 1 entrants total.
Jet Racing Extreme -- MB-86FF5BFB3139665D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Bard to the future -- MB-5DE62E4DE0B788C3 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-3289C99923401626 - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
The Tower of Elements -- MB-628AB2AB0379D04A - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.

t1447019857z1.png

Hektor

I have the chance to give away a game that even JaseC doesnt own, what a time to be alive PogChamp.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Throbax TD #2 -- MB-CCD9BD3E9EECD12B - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Throbax TD #3 -- MB-A9426563E2F1BFD1 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 4 entrants total.
Throbax TD -- MB-B95DB5016BD008AF - Taken by GERGiEV. 8 entrants total.

t1447021057z1.png

Monooboe

Oh man fighting against a boss in Arkham Knight, can't stand when a game breaks it's own game rules. Grrrr. Specially when the save point isn't before the boss.XD

Edit: alright seems it's a bug in the game where it doesn't show correct prompt for a takedown...

Teeth

I realized that I was incredibly tolerant of low frame rates when I played 50 hours of Torchlight 2 at about 5 fps. And I beat Deus Ex HR with no kills at about 20fps indoors and 5-15fps in the hubs with random freezes.

I learned which parts of the levels had heavier computational loads and stared at the floor as I went through them. Like a game unto itself.

Monooboe

I realized that I was incredibly tolerant of low frame rates when I played 50 hours of Torchlight 2 at about 5 fps. And I beat Deus Ex HR with no kills at about 20fps indoors and 5-15fps in the hubs with random freezes.

I learned which parts of the levels had heavier computational loads and stared at the floor as I went through them. Like a game unto itself.

5 fps!? How is that playable? Did you even enjoy the game?

Though, I remember playing Tomb Raider 2 on PC and every other level ran like 1 frame ever 2 seconds or something, I always ran though the level to get to those where I actually could play.XD

Messiah

You are stronger than me. As soon as I reached China, I couldn't put up with it any longer.

Teeth

5 fps!? How is that playable? Did you even enjoy the game?

Though, I remember playing Tomb Raider 2 on PC and every other level ran like 1 frame ever 2 seconds or something, I always ran though the level to get to those where I actually could play.XD

It was interesting. The whole game processes slowed down, so it played closer to a semi-turn based game. I would click a command and it would carry out a second later, but all of the enemies moved at half speed. What was worse was the 5 minute load times.

Hilariously, once I upgraded and everything ran at 60, it was like playing a different game, and I didn't like it as much hahaha.

Knurek

This should go on a 'required reading' for NeoGAF alongside the 'trust me, I'm an expert' and that Durante post claiming he fixed Dark Souls res lock.

Ludens

Banned
Steam says it took me 1 minute to beat Tales of the Borderlands Ep. 1. GG speedrunners, git gud.

I guess Steam's play timer is fucked?

Yeah, as I wrote, it is at the moment. I'm missing 20 hours on DS2 Sins, 20 hours in MGSV, playtime tracking totally stopped working for DS2, but now I'm idling with Idlemaster and that work :S

Teeth

This should go on a 'required reading' for NeoGAF alongside the 'trust me, I'm an expert' and that Durante post claiming he fixed Dark Souls res lock.

Why?

I was in a remote location (frozen tundra) and didn't have access to any other entertainment in the evenings. You do what have to.

Naaq

Neo Member
Might as well ask this here as well. Has anyone here had problems regarding the verification of non-US citizenship steam makes you complete if you want to sell more than 200 items on the marketplace?

I did it a few weeks ago (although I can't really remember what documentation I used) and I haven't recieved any mail from the third party that is in charge of doing this verification, so I'm kinda worried I did something wrong.

I sent a ticket to steam support a few days ago but I haven't recieved an answer yet.

Lingitiz

I used to be like this...then I actually built a PC for real and played everything at 60 for too long to go back.

That Fallout thread, huh? Brings out Neogaf's best.

Fallout 4 is the game I've been looking forward to most this year but lord that thread is hilarious. From perks that slow down the framerate on purpose to pedophilia to conspiracy gaf.

Dr Dogg

Soooooo, just finished the 8th campaign mission in BLOPs III and to sum up my thoughts on it WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!! I mean I've grasped the story and gameplay elements for that level but that came right out of the leftfield.

Fandangox

Try installing all the redist files in the game folder. I have had the same issue as you're describing a few times. For some reason, those files won't install on their own.

I managed to make the game run, but it still says "first time set up" and installs the package files every time, would doing this stop that?

Soooooo, just finished the 8th campaign mission in BLOPs III and to sum up my thoughts on it WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!! I mean I've grasped the story and gameplay elements for that level but that came right out of the leftfield.
It's real silly, kind of cool but none of it makes any kind of logical narrative sense. Especially with all of the pick ups you keep finding everywhere.

Teeth

I used to be like this...then I actually built a PC for real and played everything at 60 for too long to go back.

That Fallout thread, huh? Brings out Neogaf's best.

I'm not sure how I'd do either these days. But I do tend to shrug off a lot of incidental frame drops.

No, I don't care about Fallout 4. I just finished F3 and that'll do me for that style of game for quite a while.

AHA-Lambda

Christ XD

I need to get around to playing this XD

AsfaeksBR

Pre-ordered Blops 3. Played 1 hour yesterday, and it ran pretty well. Probably clicked something wrong because Steam just accepted my Refund Request, which I didn't ask for.
Just opened a request on Support to get back, but I doubt i'll work. Is there any hope?

Now I'm sleepy. And I just got up.

Thanks, SteamGAF.
Pre-ordered Blops 3. Played 1 hour yesterday, and it ran pretty well. Probably clicked something wrong because Steam just accepted my Refund Request, which I didn't ask for.
Just opened a request on Support to get back, but I doubt i'll work. Is there any hope?
I wouldn't have thought this was even possible, wow.

Knurek

Okay, two more achievements and I'm done with Mushihimesama.

Rest of them require godlike skill level, no way in hell I'll be able to 1cc Arrange mode, where I can usually last 5-10 seconds without dying

Dr Dogg

Christ XD

I need to get around to playing this XD

Eh it's not that great of a campaign over all. The reason that mission stuck out is becuase the other 7 have been pretty dull stop and pop shooting galleries. I think that one problem that's happened is that by having a focus of 4 player coop with various routes through big wide open areas is that there's very little flow to these big arenas. It's like you have 40-50 dudes/chicks/robots all scattered about and you just take them on how you see fit or who is closest. You're not fun led down one way, no going to always cop it to a sniper if you go that way, don't need to react fast and take 4 enemies out at the same time or your dead kind of scenarios. Occasionally there's a large robot/mech to take down which is just a case of shoot at the weak point enough then pop it with a RPG and rinse and repeat 3 to 4 times. You can hack them though which makes clearing out the wave upon wave of enemies a bit quicker but it's been rather stodgy in terms of flow, pacing, set pieces etc so far. Story is pretty eh and you really need to dig into the data terminal at the safe house before taking on a mission to get some backstory. Got 3 missions left but it's not got the gameplay moments of Modern Warfare or the bonkers story of OG BLOPs and gone are the branching elements of BLOPs II. I feel it's better than MW 2 & 3 but they're felt like straight to DVD films.

Visually it's a bit up and down but has probably the best implementation of physically based shading and materials (especially metals) in a real time rendered game yet.

Aaron D.

Fallout 4 is the game I've been looking forward to most this year but lord that thread is hilarious. From perks that slow down the framerate on purpose to pedophilia to conspiracy gaf.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed with how much hate F3 is getting pre-launch.

Some people sure are determined to sour-grape through the entire launch window.

It's crazy.

Monooboe

Whoooa! In Arkham Knight,
When the fear clouds get released over the city and then being under/in them
pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom