• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
sweetfx is a lame color grading filter thing that makes everything look oversaturated and blown out and generally bad, as well as adding poorly implemented depth of field, ao, etc.

in some cases it's an improvement but generally it just makes everything look dumb

Oh so someone has the same opinion as me regarding it. o:

rtcn63

sweetfx is a lame color grading filter thing that makes everything look oversaturated and blown out and blacks crushed and all that nasty stuff, as well as adding poorly implemented depth of field, ao, etc.

in some cases it's an improvement but generally it just makes everything look dumb

So it's the setting that retail stores use to sell TV's?

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Graviteam Tactics: Operation Star -- MB-FB5FD4B95FAEA534 - Taken by Diedac

Uzzy

Time travel to cause pain to some skater boy and then take a photo of him writhing in pain? That's so evil I love it.

MUnited83

For you.
i saw this in twitter

https://twitter.com/Grimecraft/status/663791445438959616?s=09

is there any problem in the PC version of Fallout 4 ?
i thought it was the best version
Not really no, thats just a dumb GIF that wasn't made with Fallout 4 in my, its just a general joke. Why the hell would you even assume anything because of that GIF at all? That makes no sense.

I mean, the comparison isn't accurate for any of the platforms at all.

Dr Dogg

In the right hands the shader suite and tools offered by SweetFX/Reshade/GeDoSaTo can be very effective (cleaning up colour banding, adjusting clipped colours and so on as well as some subtle tweaks here and there). But generally they end up in the hands of monkeys, and like monkeys they can't wait to throw shit at everything. One of the problems is that while you can adjust an image in one set of lighting conditions, just a subtle change to that can't blow everything off as they're static values dealing with a constantly updating dynamic image. I mean a professional colourist not only works on a frame by frame basis but also object to object.

Osmos level F3C3 is really breaking my balls. It's a shame too because there is some bonus content locked away. Some of which I might enjoy but this level is super hard. Something like 2% of people have the achievement for the force levels. Strange, the most compelling part of the game becomes the part I dislike most.

I'm not the only one either.

Lomax

Gotta love spending a half hour in internet tech support chat trying to explain that I'm having random request failures and their only solution is to reset my modem twice and tell me their ping to me works fine.

Gotta love spending a half hour in internet tech support chat trying to explain that I'm having random request failures and their only solution is to reset my modem twice and tell me their ping to me works fine.

Are you in NA?
Do you own your own modem on a service like TWC?
Are you getting stuff that looks like DNS errors when the requests fail?

If so, PM me, I had a similar issue, perhaps, and can suggest what to ask tech support to do on their on to fix it.

L.O.R.D

Not really no, thats just a dumb GIF that wasn't made with Fallout 4 in my, its just a general joke. Why the hell would you even assume anything because of that GIF at all? That makes no sense.

I mean, the comparison isn't accurate for any of the platforms at all.

i know this gif is not even close to real
but i was wondering if there no crash in the game

rtcn63

RE4 Separate Ways
First time I've come close to finishing it, I think. And I'm not... it's challenging, and the game does throw items at you like mad, but the only unique weapon to Ada's campaign, the bowgun, doesn't appear until the third chapter. And the game forces you to prioritize between picking it up or upgrading your attache case (multiple times), since funds are limited. The bowgun is expensive, and both it and the ammunition take up significant space. Although once you do get it, you can fuck shit up to kingdom come.

I don't recommend playing it right after the campaign unless it's your first time and you're just feening for more (or the same).

Lomax

Are you in NA?
Do you own your own modem on a service like TWC?
Are you getting stuff that looks like DNS errors when the requests fail?

If so, PM me, I had a similar issue, perhaps, and can suggest what to ask tech support to do on their on to fix it.

I'm on Comcast in Northern California, but I'm on a rented modem. Sent you a PM.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rush Delta Z -- MB-1A310BA7ED2130C8 - Taken by texhnolyze
Already had it.

:p

Thanks.

I thought 50,000 was kind of pie in the sky for the normal size of the viewership.

Pretty much. I'm betting most of the people tuned in for free codes.
I gave my donation money to JShackles this year (and JShackles/Rhaknar the year before that... I don't think Rhaknar-senpai did it this year though).

MUnited83

For you.
#GAMEBRYO

https://my.mixtape.moe/amewlj.webm

and the fucking physics are still tied to framerate

I understand it being a thing on PC ports of older Japanese games, but on a fucking native PC game from a AAA publisher on a franchise that sells >10 millions? Come the fuck on, just shoot the damn engine in the head and start anew.

Adding to this:

There's no framerate cap option

Running at >100 FPS will lock you in place after you hack a terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom