• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Ehhh I think the issue is not exactly Gamebryo but Bethesda animation and programming team.

*Proceeds to play Catherine and El Shaddai*

You can't play those games at a unlocked framerate so that makes little sense :p. Since every Bethesda Gamebryo game had issues similar to this, i'd say it's definitely a Gamebryo thing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You can't play those games at a unlocked framerate so that makes little sense :p. Since every Bethesda Gamebryo game had issues similar to this, i'd say it's definitely a Gamebryo thing.

Still I like trashing Bethesda so I'll stand by what I said. <3

Waifu Wars 2015: Return of the Best Girl Nominations Open

waifu-wars-2015-logo.png

Lomax

Won't the dota announcer pack on Steam be worth at least $15? I'd think dealing with that would have been better than dealing with funstock.

Grief.exe

Why is PC gaming still considered.. I don't know, hardcore? I went to Gamestop last week to take advantage of the 4 for $10 deal they had and picked up some 360 Kinect games I'd been waiting to drop in price and when the guy saw me buying Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, he thought I was buying it for Xbox One 360 emulation.

When I told him I was mostly gaming on PC, it was like voodoo. Kind of weird that PC gaming has never been more accessible and yet there is still this stigma

I always buy PS2/GC games at GameStop for emulation and the employees are absolutely blown away when I talk about PC.
I tell them I can run these older games at 4K, full 16:9, and even some texture mods and their jaws drop. When they ask me about PC gaming, they have no idea the vast majority of AAA games are even availing on the platform.

It's fun to blow some minds every so often.

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Enemy Mind -- MB-118C64C0505E9C1C - Taken by Kuroyume

Apparently I already owned the game :/

The first "1" is not a "1" :p

Not directly related to this quote, but to the webm:

They're saving you time -- now you don't have to suffer like Dear Esther players and figure out how fast to move to increase your enjoyment of the game. It's silky smooth AND you can finish it and move on to the rest of your backlog in 1/2 or 1/4 or even 1/8 the time as those console peasants.

I always buy PS2/GC games at GameStop for emulation and the employees are absolutely blown away when I talk about PC.
I tell them I can run these older games at 4K, full 16:9, and even some texture mods and their jaws drop. When they ask me about PC gaming, they have no idea the vast majority of AAA games are even availing on the platform.

It's fun to blow some minds every so often.

I think part of the problem is basically the full switch to Digital. There really isn't a need (nor really a place?) to buy PC games from brick/mortor stores.

I'd imagine a vast majority of 'console gamers' are unaware of the full capabilities of PC gaming because it basically only exists are the Internets.

Ludens

Banned

Well, is not that someone is FORCING them to use Gamebryo. They can drop it, if they still use it, it means they really don't care. First on old gen was because PS3 had splitted memory, now I want to see what's the reason on why they can't provide stable framerate and avoid all this jankiness. Because the game has several issues on running even on PC, just check PC performance thread.
No way you need a monster PC to run that thing when CDPR did what they did with Witcher 3.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Blood of Old -- MB-099CA73F0292871F - Taken by Purkake4
Litil Divil -- MB-54485DC9D1BC6E96 - Taken by Naaq
Enemy Mind -- MB-6CD01612EEE3A84B - Taken by S1n1st3r
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-3BC4025E7A8D5A25 - Taken by Bayonetta
Some free games from the last weeks in case someone missed them.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-C4ABCD94B3DE1418 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Lucius -- MB-9D67F1BED488B72C - Taken by Darth Kupi
Humanity Asset -- MB-46063D4D052A5896 - Taken by Purkake4
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-736D633741EA6D19 - Taken by GERGiEV
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-F5B3F9CD9F75ABE1 - Taken by Darth Kupi

Still waiting on my Fallie Outtie key from Funstock as their site went to crapper. Bad week for them, I am betting that someone's getting fired this week.

Lucius II is probably the dumbest game I've ever played, I just finished a part of a mission were I had to give 4 babies in a hospital my "Satan powers", those 4 kids names, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Jame Gumb (Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs... I'm not even joking, they even have dumb little newspapers pop up after each one that shows that they turned into killers lol, so dumb but in a really good way.

Ludens

Banned
Lucius II is probably the dumbest game I've ever played, I just finished a part of a mission were I had to give 4 babies in a hospital my "Satan powers", those 4 kids names, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Jame Gumb (Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs... I'm not even joking, they even have dumb little newspapers pop up after each one that shows that they turned into killers lol, so dumb but in a really good way.

I hope Indiegala will give away Lucius 2 soon, I liked the first one because it was so trashy.

Hektor

The only vote that matters.

#GAMEBRYO

https://my.mixtape.moe/amewlj.webm

and the fucking physics are still tied to framerate

I understand it being a thing on PC ports of older Japanese games, but on a fucking native PC game from a AAA publisher on a franchise that sells >10 millions? Come the fuck on, just shoot the damn engine in the head and start anew.

I suppose that only comes into effect if you go above 60? At least i hope so.

Lain

#GAMEBRYO

https://my.mixtape.moe/amewlj.webm

and the fucking physics are still tied to framerate

I understand it being a thing on PC ports of older Japanese games, but on a fucking native PC game from a AAA publisher on a franchise that sells >10 millions? Come the fuck on, just shoot the damn engine in the head and start anew.

Leave Bethesda alone, OK?! If they could, they would, but there are technical problems so they can't.

I hope Indiegala will give away Lucius 2 soon, I liked the first one because it was so trashy.

Oh boy, if you liked the trashiness of the first one, then the second is right up your alley, it's barely holding on for dear life in terms of being a functioning game, but still it's some how really fun and funny most of the time. They really take the goofiness of the first one and run with it.

Ludens

Banned
Oh boy, if you liked the trashiness of the first one, then the second is right up your alley, it's barely holding on for dear life in terms of being a functioning game, but still it's some how really fun and funny most of the time. They really take the goofiness of the first one and run with it.

Yeah, I was laughing like a dumb while playing Lucius 1. Really, it was like Home Alone, only you need to kill your family, but the way you do it it's like traps from the movie.

Leave Bethesda alone, OK?! If they could, they would, but there are technical problems so they can't.

They probably focused all their attention into studying a way to implement the Steam market into the game, avoiding to sell mods but also providing a paid service for "things".

Also thanks, Beth, monsters are IN! I'm waiting for this since Unity

MUnited83

For you.
Well, is not that someone is FORCING them to use Gamebryo. They can drop it, if they still use it, it means they really don't care. First on old gen was because PS3 had splitted memory, now I want to see what's the reason on why they can't provide stable framerate and avoid all this jankiness. Because the game has several issues on running even on PC, just check PC performance thread.
No way you need a monster PC to run that thing when CDPR did what they did with Witcher 3.
Eh, to be fair, while this issue sucks, its seems well optimized as long as Bethesda games go. Just keep away from gamework features. All benchmarks I've seen suggest its fairly alright in that deparment. Even a i3+750 ti provide a much more stable experience than the consoles.
The only vote that matters.

I suppose that only comes into effect if you go above 60? At least i hope so.
That is indeed correct, running it at 60 will present no issues of this kind.

Igotthatreference.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Why is PC gaming still considered.. I don't know, hardcore? I went to Gamestop last week to take advantage of the 4 for $10 deal they had and picked up some 360 Kinect games I'd been waiting to drop in price and when the guy saw me buying Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, he thought I was buying it for Xbox One 360 emulation.

When I told him I was mostly gaming on PC, it was like voodoo. Kind of weird that PC gaming has never been more accessible and yet there is still this stigma

I think a lot of people just think that PC gaming died long ago and don't really know much about it or just aren't interested in it, consoles became too popular, powerful, and "cheap" compard to gaming PC's. I have a friend who hasn't bought a PC game in a decade because he is still using some Compaq computer he got from Best Buy like in 2005.

Ozium

Do I buy Duck Dynasty for 10 dollars?

I know I heard Enter the Dragon Punch talk about that duck game before so it must be good

Khronico

This is exactly the type of dumb I can get behind.

Is it fun gameplay wise? It seems like Hitman + Satan Magic.

The main page loaded twice for short periods but the log in page did not no matter how many times I tried

Edit: loaded again, let's try again..

I have been refreshing for 10 hours. They emailed me saying it is in my account....but I cant load my account.

This is exactly the type of dumb I can get behind.

Is it fun gameplay wise? It seems like Hitman + Satan Magic.

It's fun just because of how absurd it is, but it feels like a janky Hitman mod or something. The physics are over the top and trying to orchestrate the more elaborate kills can be finicky but overall it's worth playing I would say.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's SweetFX? nvm, see on the video.

sweetfx is a lame color grading filter thing that makes everything look oversaturated and blown out and blacks crushed and all that nasty stuff, as well as adding poorly implemented depth of field, ao, etc.

in some cases it's an improvement but generally it just makes everything look dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom