• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to this:

There's no framerate cap option

Running at >100 FPS will lock you in place after you hack a terminal

Can't you force a framerate cap using the tools available with your graphics card?

I'm not saying they shouldn't provide one, just thinking that there should be a solution until a native option is available...

rtcn63

Watching GI's live stream of Fallout 4. I can deal with the disappointing graphics and half-baked additions, but not technical issues that could lead to my OS shitting itself. But I do want to play...

MUnited83

For you.
Can't you force a framerate cap using the tools available with your graphics card?

I'm not saying they shouldn't provide one, just thinking that there should be a solution until a native option is available...
Yes you can, but its quite ridículous that a AAA 2015 game that is evidently affected badly by high framerates doesn't come with a native option to do so.

Volimar

On the Geek and Sundry stream, the put all of their points into Charisma and Luck and they're running around in a sequined dress with armor pieces here and there.

haha oh boy fo4 sounds like a technical mess
and it reviewed 9/10+ on average?
KuGsj.gif

Two episodes in and I'm firmly on the Tales from the Borderlands hype wagon, what a genuinely funny game, the characters are great and the story is really interesting so far. Can't wait to see what's next!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Telltale engine and Gamebryo continue to fight for worst engine in the world. They've both been vying for the title for years.

It was passable on 360 but the PS3 version was literally unplayable after a certain point

That's untrue. I platinumed the game and it was before they finished patching it too.
However, what would happen is you'd have to exit the game and restart it so that the RAM would clear and you could get acceptable performance for awhile before repeating.

Sch1sm

It was passable on 360 but the PS3 version was literally unplayable after a certain point

Only time I found it a bitch on the PS3 version, and I bought it at release, is the Markarth bounty glitch where I couldn't pay off, and was subsequently attacked every visit to the city - even during missions - because there was no way to manage until they brought in that mission that allowed us to relieve the bounty.

I'm with frost. 200+ hours in it with 100% completion, it's been years, but that's the only bothersome glitch I can recall.

Not a Steam game, but a PC game

LEGACY OF THE VOID ENDING SPOILERS
Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Kerrigan just saves the fucking world from Xel'Naga, turns into this... Fire angel, kisses Raynor and disappears. Then, she reappears in the epilogue as human Kerrigan and meets up with Raynor at the inn from the intro of WoL

KarmaCow

Not a Steam game, but a PC game

LEGACY OF THE VOID ENDING SPOILERS
Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Kerrigan just saves the fucking world from Xel'Naga, turns into this... Fire angel, kisses Raynor and disappears. Then, she reappears in the epilogue as human Kerrigan and meets up with Raynor at the inn from the intro of WoL

Sounds like a worthy follow up to HotS.

(which HotS I mean is up to you)

Sch1sm

Telltale engine and Gamebryo continue to fight for worst engine in the world. They've both been vying for the title for years.

Not sure you can beat Telltale there. Never going to understand how they can keep the same one for years, ignore regular complaints of janky controls and the like, and still power through hoping no one will notice.

Chariot

Not sure you can beat Telltale there. Never going to understand how they can keep the same one for years, ignore regular complaints of janky controls and the like, and still power through hoping no one will notice.
People still buy it. In fact, evsn more people buy it. Why break something that's already broken?

Jawmuncher

To be fair, they also port their games to everything under the sun. Thus the shitty engine.
You got 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Vita, PC, iOS, & Android. So due to that I would say Gamebyro still wins out as being worse.

Sch1sm

People still buy it. In fact, evsn more people buy it. Why break something that's already broken?

I blame Humble for their ultra, ultra cheap prices (partly). You are right, though. It's the same case with the mainstream/most-anticipated, or those annually published titles. People buy them, and it's all downhill from there.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, and people still buy it, pretend it isn't broke because you got sales anyway. RIP sense.

To be fair, they also port their games to everything under the sun. Thus the shitty engine.
You got 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Vita, PC, iOS, & Android. So due to that I would say Gamebyro still wins out as being worse.

At least Gamebryo bothers updating/modifying
barely
with the years. ;-;

They must have improved it somewhat. I haven't any anything like the issues I had with Walking Dead Season 1 with Wolf/GOT/Borderlands. Haven't lost a savegame once, I lost the save at least 3 times in WD. They've also removed a large portion of the open areas from their later games, maybe that helped.

Dsyndrome

Oh snap, Shahid's leaving Sony. Vita's DOOOOOOOMMMMEEDDD.
Edit: Didn't know he was on GAF.

All my Fallout stuff shipped from Best Buy, hopefully it comes before tomorrow, not sure if UPS delivers on Veteran's Day. Hope to get some hours in before Beth-jank kicks in with game-breaking bugs.

Dr Dogg

You know sometimes all the resolution in the world, with heaps of SGSSAA on top and even injected with HBAO+ (absent in these shots as it wasn't injectable at the time) just isn't enough compared to getting a bit of professional TLC.
Gears of War Bog Standard Brown Edition said:

Gears of War Ultimate Swag Edition said:

I'm sure it's still coming to Windows sometime this year, maybe.

Sch1sm

They must have improved it somewhat. I haven't any anything like the issues I had with Walking Dead Season 1 with Wolf/GOT/Borderlands. Haven't lost a savegame once, I lost the save at least 3 times in WD. They've also removed a large portion of the open areas from their later games, maybe that helped.

On the platform you played it on. They still receive plenty of complaints across other platforms. I haven't lost saves myself in any of the later ones, not even in Walking Dead, actually (crossing my fingers). Not encountering them and their not existing, though... GoT on iOS earlier this year, for example, was dreadful. TWAU has its issues on Mac, at least - sometimes the game would just suddenly crash on me and I'd be met with having to redo some things I'd just done within a chapter.

I think Fallout 4 looks really nice at almost max(have godrays on high instead of ultra) and 1440P. Lots of blowing trees and debris to make the world feel a bit more alive. Certainly miles above the hilarious Fallout 3 comparisons.

Character models do have a bit of a plastic look to them at times but all around it's nice. Even just stepping outside for the first time shows the game actually has an art direction compared to 3.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of kadotsu, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-381309868ED49AF5 - Taken by xGreg. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil Revelations -- MB-4347B7C3AE5F24A7 - Taken by rtcn63. 29 entrants total.
DeadCore -- MB-DFEFB871F0746FD8 - Taken by Haunted. 13 entrants total.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-DE274A81502E24E0 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 14 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-0274FD8483C40A13 - Taken by M*A*S*H. 1 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-697202B72643125C - Taken by titch. 19 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-C8E416FEBF64FB5F - Taken by Shalashaska. 34 entrants total.
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-D25790041BF53797 - Taken by Naaq. 9 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-6BBAFF97D2A57FF6 - Taken by Belgarion. 8 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-544A7998B2B138B5 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 26 entrants total.
Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-3BFC5B9BCE085A3E - Taken by Garandorf. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter IV -- MB-C467119330160453 - Taken by Costa1774. 52 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-031E83360D10DACA - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-F22020131AB6919A - Taken by criesofthepast. 9 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-44866855FBFDAFD8 - Taken by aw350. 21 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-86F03C3968FC5DE9 - Taken by Jalal. 27 entrants total.

t1447117058z1.png

Chariot

If I get banned, know that I'll be banned for something stupid I didn't expect and that I love most of you whose names I remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom