• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Is there any way to cancel your "Bid" on modbot?

"disqualify me" as the subject, anything in the body.

Beaten, but full text:
What happens if I enter for a raffle and discover I don't want it BEFORE the raffle is drawn for? How do I disqualify myself?
Again, I really must suggest that you take a few seconds to consider if you really want something before entering the raffle. But now that you've done it, you can disqualify yourself by sending a PM to ModBot with the subject line disqualify me and any body text. This will disqualify you from ALL outstanding raffles you have entered, and you will not be able to re-enter those raffles later.

Deitus

Not a Steam game, but a PC game

LEGACY OF THE VOID ENDING SPOILERS
Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Kerrigan just saves the fucking world from Xel'Naga, turns into this... Fire angel, kisses Raynor and disappears. Then, she reappears in the epilogue as human Kerrigan and meets up with Raynor at the inn from the intro of WoL

After WoL, I'm not even surprised. I didn't even bother with HotS, because it's clear the story was only going to get dumber from there.

Sober

Oh my God. Are you kidding me? Kerrigan just saves the fucking world from Xel'Naga, turns into this... Fire angel, kisses Raynor and disappears. Then, she reappears in the epilogue as human Kerrigan and meets up with Raynor at the inn from the intro of WoL
That's not really a spoiler when you consider Chris Metzen wrote it.

AHA-Lambda

Still away on business until Wednesday. I wanna play fallout :(

Huh, seems par for the course with SC2. Tbh, I've heard worse :/
How'd you hear bout it, isn't it not out until tomorrow?

My lol's are infinite at this point.

Blizzard: killin' it since the turn of the Century. (In more ways than one.)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Coldsun, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Coldsun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-C9D73D44E43B33EE - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-E5B8796A83181645 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
HassleHeart -- MB-3071AC8202876846 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.
Incoming Forces -- MB-15041AC484F6BE2D - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Hunting Unlimited 2010 -- MB-21B343FF6C4168B3 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Relativity Wars A Science Space RTS -- MB-DF746592C01CB82D
Pilot Crusader -- MB-1DA77B218FCD449D - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders 2 (Free Edition) -- MB-6DAD1D9B27EC4E7D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Abomination - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Betrayer -- MB-3D66E4ADDD4F11EB - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
100% ORange Juice -- MB-DD21819433771E4F - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
Power-Up -- MB-81EBFE583DA49407
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-3409B0F2A7632C16
Rise of the Triad 2013 -- MB-946434BBFBB5DA6D - Taken by Sober. 6 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-832D2863C1322A57
Kraven Manor -- MB-44199AFE57BE416F
Commando Jack -- MB-03E04AD23D44AFCC
Shiny the FireFly -- MB-CA4839A99DA7BF90
xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-37D872662B220AD1
Cubicle Quest -- MB-B22879FBCA56025E - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando -- MB-66618D086B52F472
Alpha Kimori Episode 1 -- MB-2EC5F326702FC64B
Platypus -- MB-D794761CCF1C97AE - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Desert Thunder -- MB-406A5E3F7DF68806
18 Wheels of Steel Extreme Trucker -- MB-007AACAB177A042A
Drakensang The River of Time -- MB-C9C851CE49F13B43 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 4 entrants total.
Hyper Fighters -- MB-B7D6E7BF4433059F
Rune Classic -- MB-CA4747F2921DDAA7 - Taken by Ozium. 4 entrants total.
Tristoy -- MB-7A1A2519CE5A2410 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-CCB6E753EB96700E
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-63FF3750BA917DC1
CT Special Forces -- MB-CDE65B2ED91C4DE5
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-6EB0B048D587CF7C - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Chernobyl Commando #2 -- MB-3DA86638F70F9CD1 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
NecroVisioN -- MB-508996C8414D010E - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Ark -- MB-A8050B8141C679C7 - Taken by Red Hood. 4 entrants total.

t1447118498z1.png

me0wish

That's depressing, who the hell writes these 5th grader fan fiction? who the hell approves of it?

ArjanN

On the platform you played it on. They still receive plenty of complaints across other platforms. I haven't lost saves myself in any of the later ones, not even in Walking Dead, actually (crossing my fingers). Not encountering them and their not existing, though... GoT on iOS earlier this year, for example, was dreadful. TWAU has its issues on Mac, at least - sometimes the game would just suddenly crash on me and I'd be met with having to redo some things I'd just done within a chapter.

To be fair given that the last...10 or so Telltale games ran way better on PC, you'd really have to not be paying attention if you're still playing them somewhere else.

Two episodes in and I'm firmly on the Tales from the Borderlands hype wagon, what a genuinely funny game, the characters are great and the story is really interesting so far. Can't wait to see what's next!

Watching Austin Walker play the first episode during Extra Life really sold me on it.

That's literally the most trite ending I could have imagined.

Backlogger

Green Man Gaming is tempting me to request a refund on my Funstock Digital order and get it from them. They just sent me an email. It turns out to be a few bucks more but I'm pretty sure I will get my key immediately.

I think I will give Funstock another hour or two before going that route...

I'm not going to click on that spoiler but I'm sure it's terrible which is fitting for the franchise's writing.

Think the presentation is improved enough in Fallout 4 where it's going to be hard for me to play a monster as easily.

Sch1sm

To be fair given that the last...10 or so Telltale games ran way better on PC, you'd really have to not be paying attention if you're still playing them somewhere else.

This mindset is poor taste, imo. It's like saying everyone here should have just sent in the refund for Arkham Knight because they had the option, and played on console instead since it performed miles better. That's an extreme example, of course, but do you get my point?

Besides, the entire discussion was on whether the engine improved, not how poorly it performs outside of PC. Even though it does have its issues, it's not fair to simply tell people to switch over to PC, rather than expect more from the dev/publisher/the like considering they pay.

Nice giveaway Coldsun, but what game is "Ark?" Is it "AR-K"?

Could be the point and click episodic, could be pooping dinos. It's a mystery.

So, GAF.

Say a man has a R7850, and Fallout 4's min spec is 7870.

Say a man has a history of lighting his computer on fire.

Is a man safe?

As a man with a 7850.

I say man is safe, as 7850 can be overclocked to 7870 numbers.

What the fuck are you doing lighting your computer on fire, this man asks?

I'm assuming I improperly wired it.

What if I'm not a fan of overclocking?

You should still be fine, the difference isn't that big between a 7850 and a 7870. Probably have to turn a few things down but it will still perform and look better than the consoles that's for sure.

EDIT: Oh and overclocking a 7850 is as easy as turning on the AMD OverDrive setting in the driver utility and increasing the GPU and memory clock, if you have half way decent cooling it won't be a problem at all, I've had mine overclocked since I got it 4 or so years ago.

You should still be fine, the difference isn't that big between a 7850 and a 7870. Probably have to turn a few things down but it will still perform and look better than the consoles that's for sure.

I'd be curious to see if this was the case. Take a video. Especially if your PC bursts into flames. ;)

Ruruja

Called my Fallout 4 character James Bond.

Codsworth called me Mister Bond.

What a game.

Also I'm getting 50-60fps on Ultra with an i5-4670k and an R9 280 3GB at 1080p. I'd have thought the GPU would struggle a bit but it's fine.

I'd be curious to see if this was the case. Take a video. Especially if your PC bursts into flames. ;)

The Digital Foundry "console killer" video uses a i3 and a 750ti and it get's much better performance and looks than the console versions. The 7850 is a better card than the 750ti, I guess it might depend on his CPU but it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Not helping.

If I don't get F4 tonight, it's going to be the first game for my new computer.

I'll be playing some tomorrow, I'll let you know of my performance if you haven't decided yet.

well yea it looks super dumb

There's that stellar criticism again. ;)

Internet: "You don't like this thing Zkylon?"
Zkylon: "No, it's super dumb. And lame."

Out of curiosity, are you saying that every single configuration file of SweetFX is lame and looks super dumb, or do you mean "the presets I've bothered to look at?"

Because I've seen some SweetFX configurations that do great things... and I've seen some that look like absolute garbage... then again, I actively browsed through the SweetFX database and picked out submitted configurations that made the game look better in my opinion.

I'll wait for my new rig, then.

Why in the hell do you have an i7 with a video card from 2012? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom