• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Frigid Outskirts on DS2 DLC is just garbage. It's exactly what I mean when I say "achieving difficulty in a cheap way".

A big plain filled with snow in which you can see absolutely nothing. The key to pass this section is
follow the Sun
, sadly there are enemies attacking you out of nowhere and they killed me a fucktons of times because you can't really see them if not when they already hit you. Also the first time I found the way, one of those horses attacked pushing me into the Death by falling. Really a garbage.

FloatOn

Frigid Outskirts on DS2 DLC is just garbage. It's exactly what I mean when I say "achieving difficulty in a cheap way".

A big plain filled with snow in which you can see absolutely nothing. The key to pass this section is
following the Sun
, sadly there are enemies attacking you out of nowhere and they killed me a fucktons of times because you can't really see them if not when they already hit you. Also the first time I found the way, on of those horses attacked pushing me into the Death by falling. Really a garbage.

yeah. my most hated area by far. and the boss is fucking lame as shit too.

Pretty sure Idlemaster has broken for me too

You can fill anything as long its below 2 hour its seem

It was more than 3 hours and 2 of 50 acheevos unlocked. :p

following the Sun
, sadly there are enemies attacking you out of nowhere and they killed me a fucktons of times because you can't really see them if not when they already hit you. Also the first time I found the way, on of those horses attacked pushing me into the Death by falling. Really a garbage.

I have done EVERYTHING in Dark Souls you can do, except Frigid Outskirts. Fuck that zone.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Stranded In Time -- MB-3AA963E786EE60F0 - Taken by Mikurden
Yury -- MB-C485CEB3E9124D84 - Taken by ExoSoul

Parsnip

I have done EVERYTHING in Dark Souls you can do, except Frigid Outskirts. Fuck that zone.

I soloed that shit and the boss. Gets your heart pumping.
Also the only part of the game where durability became an issue and I needed to take a second sword with me in an active slot.

Such a bummer that I can't find any helpful summons in Brume Tower. Atm I am in front of Smelter Demon - yay, repeats! - but I want to go in with a summon. It's not that I can't handle him alone - did plenty - but vanquishing bosses with humans is a lot more fun. Game is not the newest title anymore but the thought that it being a DLC and fragmenting user-base is also there. Bummer.

Just saw this on gaming side.

Can you guess who these characters are?
Almost as ancient as you Dogg ;)
Ryu - Sumo - Blanka - Guile
Ken - Chun Li - Zangief - Dhalsim

Last Street Fighter I played was SSIITurbo on Amiga 500 in '94.

Buraindo

Such a bummer that I can't find any helpful summons in Brume Tower. Atm I am in front of Smelter Demon - yay, repeats! - but I want to go in with a summon. It's not that I can't handle him alone - did plenty - but vanquishing bosses with humans is a lot more fun. Game is not the newest title anymore but the thought that it being a DLC and fragmenting user-base is also there. Bummer.

Almost as ancient as you Dogg ;)

Shame I only have SOTFS. Would've been fun to do some co-op, even in the unholy mess that is the Iron Passage.

dex3108

That Tomb Raider article from Polygon is nonsense. Only thing that old Lara needed was new appropriate clothes. She was already smart, confident, good fighter, passionate and loveable.

Also if somebody wants that Talos Principle 50% off code from Alienware arena send me PM.

L.O.R.D

wuILAke.jpg

1469 SAR = $391

how much all of this in the US store ?

GaussTek

Yo guys, Kero Blaster is finally out!!

Remember that if you previously bought it from Playism site, there's a key waiting for you in your game's library :D

follow the Sun
, sadly there are enemies attacking you out of nowhere and they killed me a fucktons of times because you can't really see them if not when they already hit you. Also the first time I found the way, one of those horses attacked pushing me into the Death by falling. Really a garbage.

GIT GUD.

yoshi was cool until they gave him a baby voice and put him in baby games like yoshi's story and other garbage

I feel the same about mario really. Galaxy was the last good game

Ozium

He wouldn't know. You should ask yourself that question though.

I can't answer that question unless you reference what you believe that I am being wrong about. Please elucidate your thoughts so I can respond adequately.

or do you not have any specific idea or concept in mind and are you just doing your standard cyber-bullying?

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bloodbath Kavkaz -- MB-65BAE852E28F8EEC - Taken by Jawmuncher
DungeonRift -- MB-2465FE6FE2DA4043 - Taken by dave is ok
Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-0B4D49EEACF5A889 - Taken by Belgarion
The Extinction -- MB-272C4E88EDF83C56 - Taken by GERGiEV
TCHECO IN THE CASTLE OF LUCIO -- MB-2CBA3C4D7CEC5206 - Taken by fuzzy123
Wonky Pigeon! -- MB-5D194A5312E0E6C8 - Taken by Kuroyume

No I need a night vision goggle.

Heh. I remember that part being a pain in the ass... but I eventually realized that most of my problems were stemming from trying to avoid the enemies rather than dispatching them. I think most of my issues were solved by listening for approaching enemies and dodging accordingly once I learned the timing. I also brought along any and all CPU help that you could find at the starting area as a distraction of sorts.

I should probably finish 3D World one day.

Probably not worth the time. ;)
Y'know, unless you were having fun and dropped it for some reason outside of loosing interest in playing it.

Ozium

I should probably finish 3D World one day.

if you like those Capitan Todd puzzle levels you should check out Treasure Tracker I'm currently playing it and it's adorable

edit not related to Nintendo but Steam/PS4 but do the Rocket League DLCs just give you all the items or do you unlock them? I unlocked all the stuff in the game and want to unlock more... but I fear the DLCs may just dump the items on you :/

Granjinha

Just finished Shadowrun: Hong Kong.

Pretty great. Still prefer Dragonfall's ending, but they are pretty much on par with each other quality wise. And that final scene, if you have done some ~things~ is so, so badass.

Ozium

I played GoT Ep 4 last night and it was kind of boring... does Ep 5 get better or will I have to slog my way through it to get to Ep 6 so I can finish the damned thing and have it be muh 52nd game of the year

I liked the first 2 episodes enough and then I played Tales from the Borderlands before going back to GoT, maybe that was a mistake

any thoughts telltale gaf?

Reversion Chapter 2, huh? I played chapter 1 and it was one of the worst point and clicks I've ever played. (And people who know me, know I've played a LOT.)

I'm tempted to get it just so I can post impressions for you all, but I'm not sure if I can put myself through that.

Edit: Never mind, Belgarion spared me the misery. Thanks!

Uzzy

Not good? That's nonsense. It's phenomenal as always. It's just not a huge improvement over 2015, or even 2014. When they're advertising the ability to create your own 3d manager to appear on the pitch to berate the ref, players or your own physio, as a major feature, you know that they're struggling for new things to introduce.

AHA-Lambda

Finally got to playing Fallout 4, only got a couple hours in, won't get any real time til weekend either :(

I can see what people are saying about the opening though, starting quests I've played are fairly weak. Gunplay is sooo much better though, couldn't believe it XD

Clicker Heroes post :

Just a heads up to anyone in the SteamGAF Clan, I'm going to purge some inactives tonight.

Therefore, there should be some open spots in someone is clanless...PM me for details!

zkylon

zkylewd
Reversion Chapter 2, huh? I played chapter 1 and it was one of the worst point and clicks I've ever played. (And people who know me, know I've played a LOT.)

I'm tempted to get it just so I can post impressions for you all, but I'm not sure if I can put myself through that.

Edit: Never mind, Belgarion spared me the misery. Thanks!
yea it's pretty bad

argieland is obsessed with point and click adventures but for some reason there's a freaking lot of people in the indie dev scene wanting to make also something post-apocalyptic set in buenos aires, so i dunno, i guess these devs went ahead and made it

honestly i've heard like a dozen different post-apoc and/or point 'n click pitches

cyba89

I played GoT Ep 4 last night and it was kind of boring... does Ep 5 get better or will I have to slog my way through it to get to Ep 6 so I can finish the damned thing and have it be muh 52nd game of the year

I liked the first 2 episodes enough and then I played Tales from the Borderlands before going back to GoT, maybe that was a mistake

First two episodes were really good imo. The rest was pretty meh. But after the end of Ep 5 I'm still interested where this will go.

Every episode of GoT is just... more. It doesn't really do much with anything, seemingly content to slowly shuffle things around. The GoT license really brings out the worst of TellTale's narrative decisions.

In other words, you might've made a mistake, yeah.
First two episodes were really good imo. The rest was pretty meh. But after the end of Ep 5 I'm still interested where this will go.
I don't know what they could do to possibly tie everything together in a satisfying way. Every character is so tagentially related and not in control that the writers could do anything and it would be possible, if not believable. It's a game that seems designed to propel the cameos forward, with little else in mind.

if you like those Capitan Todd puzzle levels you should check out Treasure Tracker I'm currently playing it and it's adorable

edit not related to Nintendo but Steam/PS4 but do the Rocket League DLCs just give you all the items or do you unlock them? I unlocked all the stuff in the game and want to unlock more... but I fear the DLCs may just dump the items on you :/

as far as I know the DLC has to be "earned"...so you'd just play a few matches to unlock the pieces of DLC after you have it downloaded

Ozium

I'll keep on truckin'

Every episode of GoT is just... more. It doesn't really do much with anything, seemingly content to slowly shuffle things around. The GoT license really brings out the worst of TellTale's narrative decisions.

In other words, you might've made a mistake, yeah.

I don't know what they could do to possibly tie everything together in a satisfying way. Every character is so tagentially related and not in control that the writers could do anything and it would be possible, if not believable. It's a game that seems designed to propel the cameos forward, with little else in mind.

Yeah it started off nicely paced but Eps 3 and 4 are just slow... like nothing happens.. I am curious to see if they manage to wrap everything up though

as far as I know the DLC has to be "earned"...so you'd just play a few matches to unlock the pieces of DLC after you have it downloaded

Awesome! I like unlocking shit

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, GoT is just very mediocre frankly. It's the worst TT series by far since they hit their stride with TWD S1.

Just not very exciting, very much working through the motions of TT's style and GoT's story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom