• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I've only been playing for half an hour but I already love Valkyria Chronicles. Or maybe it's been too damn long since I've played a jrpg (actually a Japanese srpg whatever), I dunno.

Skull Face really said that line, huh. I don't remember it at all.
I've only been playing for half an hour but I already love Valkyria Chronicles. Or maybe it's been too damn long since I've played a jrpg (actually a Japanese srpg whatever), I dunno.
Remember: Wavy is the best. Maybe not stats-wise, but believe me. He is the best.

CTkaq55XIAECuDb.png:large

MY CREATIVITY WILL NOT BE CENSORED

Which is better, Borderlands 2 GotY or Borderlands: The Presquel? I might've asked this before somewhere, but I don't remember the glorious consensus.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/185/?

get it before the dictatorship at nexus strikes me down again

Being banned from the Nexus is all part of Kojima's plan. You'll see.

You'll all see.

This has led me down a Mario music rabbithole. Good work.

Such a lust for good music. Woohoooooo!

Reversion Chapter 2, huh? I played chapter 1 and it was one of the worst point and clicks I've ever played. (And people who know me, know I've played a LOT.)

I'm tempted to get it just so I can post impressions for you all, but I'm not sure if I can put myself through that.

Edit: Never mind, Belgarion spared me the misery. Thanks!

I played a bit of the first ep., the F2P one, it was super janky.

I played GoT Ep 4 last night and it was kind of boring... does Ep 5 get better or will I have to slog my way through it to get to Ep 6 so I can finish the damned thing and have it be muh 52nd game of the year

I liked the first 2 episodes enough and then I played Tales from the Borderlands before going back to GoT, maybe that was a mistake

any thoughts telltale gaf?

I just want it to be over at this point, the whole game is just tiresome. The took the anyone can die at any moment out of the books/TV show and doubled down on it but they forgot to add good/interesting moments to counter-balance. I don't have high hopes for the final episode, maybe everyone will die and we can all just move on.

Achievements are up for ep. 6 btw.

Hinomura

OK, less busy work today, so I played a bit of Axiom Verge and Galak-Z, and I thought to share a bit of impressions.

Axiom Verge is a gorgeous 2d Metroid inspired game with some of the best pixel art I've seen in a game recently, mated with a very nice soundtrack. I'm early in the game, just a couple of bosses defeated, but I think it's going to surprise me even more. What I saw is a mix of tributing to the classic Nintendo game and nice original ideas, with a good balance of difficulty - pointing toward the not so hard, which is expected at the beginning. If you consider Super Metroid one of the best game ever made, I recommend Axiom Verge without any hesitation - I doubt it'll go downhill from here, to the contrary, I expect a very good unfolding. Oh and it's one of the best Metroidvania I played for a long time. For now, indeed.

Koji Igarashi seal of approval
KQOtqH3.jpg

To the contrary, Galak-Z isn't telling me anything after beating the first two stages, which were boring. For sure its description rubbed me in the very wrong way. If you expect something even remotely similar to 16 bit shmups and 70/80s anime (mother of god, that's Japanese robots anime golden era! Getter Robot, Mazinger, Grendizer, Steel Jeeg... and that's just Go Nagai...), well, let's say there'll be a "bit" of disappointment. Those two levels I played reminded me about PixelJunk Shooter, but without the fun of playing with elements (fire, ice, water, ...) and the related physics. It's just two levels I played, but the dogfigthing wasn't exciting at all, and I didn't have to use missiles, boost-thrust, and "frog-leap", pratically getting no damage: just closing in, curving, stopping, and going backward while aiming the enemies and shooting. Further little notice I don't like the "art style" used in the story bits. For now I can't recommend this, I hope to change my mind later.

Haran Banjo and Beauty seem a bit worried
sZFA2RT.png

Obviously, it's a matter of taste / opinions with a short playtime for both.

Anyway both are discounted on Steam so you can buy and judge them yourself! :)

Sch1sm

I played GoT Ep 4 last night and it was kind of boring... does Ep 5 get better or will I have to slog my way through it to get to Ep 6 so I can finish the damned thing and have it be muh 52nd game of the year

I liked the first 2 episodes enough and then I played Tales from the Borderlands before going back to GoT, maybe that was a mistake

any thoughts telltale gaf?

Episode 5 actually left me wanting to play more. So. There's that. The ending in an of itself changes things. Overall it was good fun. Episode 6 comes out in less than a week now, no?

For those who've played episode 5 of GoT, I have a question.
Asher or Rod? I def chose Asher to live.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Seeders -- MB-F600B266D844BDB8 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Bloodbath Kavkaz -- MB-3863709BADF57481 - Taken by texhnolyze
DungeonRift -- MB-86186216E9D607A8 - Taken by darkchewie
Reversion - The Meeting (2nd Chapter) -- MB-80FF7BB3F60DA00E - Taken by Costa1774
The Extinction -- MB-30362B873223869B - Taken by WinterDemons
Earth Overclocked -- MB-1DFB6FD222AD601D - Taken by rainking187
Trap Them -- MB-5E820AE32CFD95A4 - Taken by madjoki
Wonky Pigeon! -- MB-AAA1395877F59678 - Taken by Ozium
Way of Gold and Steel -- MB-DABF33ADB0519039 - Taken by freshVeggie

To the contrary, Galak-Z isn't telling me anything after beating the first two stages, which were boring. For sure its description rubbed me in the very wrong way. If you expect something even remotely similar to 16 bit shmups and 70/80s anime (mother of god, that's Japanese robots anime golden era! Getter Robot, Mazinger, Grendizer, Steel Jeeg... and that's just Go Nagai...), well, let's say there'll be a "bit" of disappointment. Those two levels I played reminded me about PixelJunk Shooter, but without the fun of playing with elements (fire, ice, water, ...) and the related physics. It's just two levels I played, but the dogfigthing wasn't exciting at all, and I didn't have to use missiles, boost-thrust, and "frog-leap", pratically getting no damage: just closing in, curving, stopping, and going backward while aiming the enemies and shooting. Further little notice I don't like the "art style" used in the story bits. For now I can't recommend this, I hope to change my mind later.

It gets a lot more difficult and technical later, but the ""story"" and art remains bad. Overall I found it disappointing considering they hype around it.

Lomax

Which is better, Borderlands 2 GotY or Borderlands: The Presquel? I might've asked this before somewhere, but I don't remember the glorious consensus.

Consensus is that the Pre-sequel is "more of the same" so many of us who liked BL2 are still waiting for it to drop in price. In terms of content for your dollar, BL2 GotY is definitely the much better deal at this point.

rtcn63

Resident Evil 5 on Veteran does not fuck around.
Mostly because of having to babysit Sheva (although she's a godsend with the rifle when it comes to fighting Chainsaw/Hammer Majini). I equip her with the TMP and stun rod most of the time, since it's the only ammo I can spare. I burned through all of my rifle ammo in the part with the valves and three Chainsaw Majini. One of them doesn't even give you a treasure upon death. (I even attempted to take one on using the stun rod and succeeded, but it was like a total fluke. Too risky to do it continually.)

Still, addictive game to replay.

Episode 5 actually left me wanting to play more. So. There's that. The ending in an of itself changes things. Overall it was good fun. Episode 6 comes out in less than a week now, no?

For those who've played episode 5 of GoT, I have a question.
Asher or Rod? I def chose Asher to live.

To answer your question:
Asher is the one I want to save, but Roderick is the appropriate GoT choice. Asher's luck had to end; I'll miss his smile.

And yeah, Ep 6 lands on Nov 17.
Consensus is that the Pre-sequel is "more of the same" so many of us who liked BL2 are still waiting for it to drop in price. In terms of content for your dollar, BL2 GotY is definitely the much better deal at this point.
Thanks.

Tales From the Borderlands has instilled me with an unholy desire to play a Borderlands game. Tales is just that good.

Axiom Verge is a gorgeous 2d Metroid inspired game ...

Gorgeous isn't the word I'd use... I've always kind of disliked the main character sprite at the very least, but the gameplay looks so good, I already copped a code for it on Steam. I recently decided I want to support the guy again, since all the cheapasses won't buy his game because he won't give out a large discount on Steam, and will wait for the Vita version to buy again and finally play.

Resident Evil 5 on Veteran does not fuck around.
Mostly because of having to babysit Sheva (although she's a godsend with the rifle when it comes to fighting Chainsaw/Hammer Majini). I equip her with the TMP and stun rod most of the time, since it's the only ammo I can spare. I burned through all of my rifle ammo in the part with the valves and three Chainsaw Majini. One of them doesn't even give you a treasure upon death. (I even attempted to take one on using the stun rod and succeeded, but it was like a total fluke. Too risky to do it continually.)

Still, addictive game to replay.

The only spot I ever had any trouble going through RE5 on Veteran (main story) was on a late game area:
Dealing with Jill and then fighting Wesker was a right pain in the ass.

rtcn63

The only spot I ever had any trouble going through RE5 on Veteran (main story) was on a late game area:
Dealing with Jill and then fighting Wesker was a right pain in the ass.

Yeah, not looking forward to that. I do have a decent amount of non-rifle ammo on hand, as well as healing items. I might have to save up some cash and upgrade the magnum, I need a reliable mini-boss killer.

I may have two invites for an alpha of a game.

I am giving them out to people who can properly answer two questions:

1) What was I last banned for?

2) What game is it?

PM me your answers please.

Sch1sm

To answer your question:
Asher is the one I want to save, but Roderick is the appropriate GoT choice. Asher's luck had to end; I'll miss his smile.

And yeah, Ep 6 lands on Nov 17.

Thanks.

Tales From the Borderlands has instilled me with an unholy desire to play a Borderlands game. Tales is just that good.

But you really have to take into account that, with that choice, the
fighters Asher brought back with him to Westeros probably won't give Roderick anything.
As a result, all I see is House Forrester
getting absolutely sodomised by the White Hills.

It's too bad you missed out on the Blands 2 humble. Probably half the price the GOTY on Steam during a sale.

But you really have to take into account that, with that choice, the
fighters Asher brought back with him to Westeros probably won't give Roderick anything.
As a result, all I see is House Forrester
getting absolutely sodomised by the White Hills.

It's too bad you missed out on the Blands 2 humble. Probably half the price the GOTY on Steam during a sale.

If you think GoT
is going to have a happy ending then I have some bad news for you. It's Game of Thrones, man! Without Roderick, then House Forrester would just distrust Asher's leadership. "You're an outsider, you were banished, we can't trust you or them" etc. And they'd probably squabble over who's leading, too.

House Forrester sucks. Westeros sucks. Everything sucks.

And about Borderlands, eh. It's not the first good deal I've missed, and it won't be the last. Backlogging is not a game of regrets, but opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom