• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
iqpOAgCfeJvkp.jpg

meh

not Milamber levels quite yet

zkylon

zkylewd
everyone in this thread should change their avatar to saoirse ronan like in spartacus or maybe when they stand on the desks in dead poets society
maybe you should lead by example

I'd wager that an American setting ranks low, low, low down on the list of things people like about Fallout.
i mean, if you liked fallout you wouldn't like beth's thing so that's already a weird point to make

is the american setting key to the fallout identity? very much yes

is the american setting key to beth's fun family rollercoaster adventure? probably not, considering how much closer fo3 is to the elder scrolls series than the actual fallouts

but what do i know, i actually like fallout

i mean, if you liked fallout you wouldn't like beth's thing so that's already a weird point to make

is the american setting key to the fallout identity? very much yes

is the american setting key to beth's fun family rollercoaster adventure? probably not, considering how much closer fo3 is to the elder scrolls series than the actual fallouts

but what do i know, i actually like fallout

Everyone would play Fallout: Neotokyo just the same. As an added bonus, it'd finally let Fallout break free of its creaky retro-futurism and become something cool again.

Sober

I'd wager that an American setting ranks low, low, low down on the list of things people like about Fallout.
Maybe other people should consider making a non-American setting post-apocalyptic setting/game to show people it can be done. I can't name any off the top of my head if there are anyway.

An America-after-the-nukes-fell-retrofuturistic-1950s might not be the big reason why people like Fallout but there certainly isn't a crowd of people clamouring for post-apocalyptic-after-the-nukes-fell-retrofuturistic-1950s (or any other era) Paris/Israel/Iraq/Beijing/Hong Kong/Moscow/Montreal/Mexico City/Nassau/Tokyo/Sao Paolo.

Ozium

got a $40 check in the mail for a class action settlement so I thought I'd use up the rest of my credit on GMG and buy Rocket League...

I hope Salsa is happy.

Are people clamoring for retro-futuristic anything? It's been played out for years; boxy tech, cold war nonsense, and retro commercial comedy are all so stale. It's time to bring something new to the table.
but we already have new vegas

That hair is static, isn't it? Gross.

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe not give the obvious troll an audience?

tho that last post is kind of hilarious so i dunno, do whatever u want lol

Seems you can refund Batman till the end of the year:

Announcement on Refunds
1. NOVEMBER - YORICK
We are very sorry that many of our customers continue to be unhappy with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. We worked hard to get the game to live up to the standard you deserve but understand that many of you are still experiencing issues.

Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix.

Thank you,

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

EDIT BY VALVE: For users who were having trouble submitting a refund for the game purchased on Steam, please try your refund submission again. The issue should have now been resolved.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596369779495

Popstar

un-automated repost because I forgot to add the command
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

resident evil 4 -- MB-04D9BCAED6D98BAA - Taken by spindoc. 12 entrants total.

t1446360230z1.png

I hope SteamGAF appreciates those copies of Bad Rats.

Finished Shadows of Mordor, I have no idea what happened at the end. Now I can do some have-assed DLC if I want. Yay.

Lain

What is wrong with you. People are always jumping with glee on targets the moderation gives free. Bronies, VitaGAF, Sanders fans. IS it so hard to remain decent without jumping at the first opening you get?

I'm waiting to be given free reign on throwing poop at Yakuza fans myself.

Knurek

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183712799&postcount=2815

"Witcher 3 simply looks like a PS2 base game with up-res'ed flat texture with loads of modded in grass and trees."

mT4cgZV.jpg

This thread (Fallout 4 screenshot thread) is in a comical state at this point. I am all for people defending the way Fallout 4 looks if they want to but, don't say crazy stuff like that.

No, no, man, this one's better: "Games like New Vegas or Witcher 3 or Pillars of Eternity have BAD writings. They are horrible if you compare them to something out of a real novel or movie. When I play these games, I cringe every time I read a dialogue. Even COD has better dialogue than these pretentious RPGs"

Lain

Despite my best efforts to shrug it off, I've finally reached the point where I'm sick and tired of people telling me that I'm hopelessly obsessed or creepy. I'm not an idiot -- I can certainly understand what the whole thing looks like from their perspective -- but I'm over having to defend myself. I can't do anything about the opinions people have formed over the past few years (hi, Mr. Luchador <3), but at least I no longer have to worry about that pool growing larger going forward.

Never thought you were creepy for your Saoirse Ronan "obsession".
The constant avatar switch felt a bit more weird to me than you liking an attractive and supposedly talented (I still have to watch some of her movies, even though I own 1 or 2) actress.

No you!

Vibranium

Banned

Card Boy

Banned
I got $5 GMG credit, what do i buy?

Legacy of Kain Collection
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

Legacy of Kain Collection has the most value but do i want to commit to myself to 40 hours of gaming when i am strapped for time as it is.

Well, perhaps the poster is hoping for a tag?
Otherwise, that's just beyond crazy.
Probably.
No, no, man, this one's better: "Games like New Vegas or Witcher 3 or Pillars of Eternity have BAD writings. They are horrible if you compare them to something out of a real novel or movie. When I play these games, I cringe every time I read a dialogue. Even COD has better dialogue than these pretentious RPGs"
Oh, that is in that post too.

Wow.

Dr Dogg

The thing with post apocalyptic settings is that if enough of the landscape is fucked and/or society has rebuilt itself in a stereotypical image of that setting then the original origin kind of plays second fiddle. I mean would Planet of the Apes be any better of a film if you saw the Statue of Liberty from the moment Chuck is kidnapped? Would it still be a decent film if the final scene didn't exist? Would STALKER or Metro be much different if all Rusian references are stripped out of them and the initial setting generalised? Was the American dub of Mad Max really that bad?
Well yes it was but didn't massively alter the dynamic of the film.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
After 3 Days, Trails in the Sky second Chapter sits at 3k Owners :(

I saw that mentioned on twitter earlier, but there's a few environmental factors that need to be taken into account. The most important one being that they made the unfortunate choice of deciding to launch on the same day that a larger than normal sale went live, ripping a lot of the launch attention towards cheap horror games. It also debuted at $30, which puts it at a slightly higher price point than many of its fellow Japanese games launched at. Those two alone are going to give it a rough opening week. I'm sure once the storefront calms down, we'll see more movement for it.

Trails FC is currently at Owners: 132,388 ± 9,688. I highly doubt 129,000 of those users are going to drop the series and forego SC!

Tizoc

wtf? those games are great.

Their PC ports don't perform very well though and you need to apply some patches or fixes for controller support I think.
Though if you manage to get all that resolved the games would run fine.

This image is actually really good, Gothic 3 is rad

Gothic 3 is good once you apply fan mods, etc. without them its the worst Gothic game.

Going by reviews they were all mediocre
awful
when they came out, and the 30 minutes I've tried of each game hasn't done a good job of convincing me otherwise :3

Well the reason the games got good reputation is because all those players who played it played it for more than 30 minutes and actually beat the game

Tizoc

Or I could play games that haven't aged like milk left out in the sun :p

Yet you did play games that aged like milk left out in the sun, even if its for a short while.
You either actually beat them or don't post silly drive-by posts just because it's a Sunday and there's hardly anything Steam related to talk about.

zkylon

zkylewd
The thing with post apocalyptic settings is that if enough of the landscape is fucked and/or society has rebuilt itself in a stereotypical image of that setting then the original origin kind of plays second fiddle. I mean would Planet of the Apes be any better of a film if you saw the Statue of Liberty from the moment Chuck is kidnapped? Would it still be a decent film if the final scene didn't exist? Would STALKER or Metro be much different if all Rusian references are stripped out of them and the initial setting generalised? Was the American dub of Mad Max really that bad?
Well yes it was but didn't massively alter the dynamic of the film.
i mean, if it's only gonna be background scenery like statue of liberty then yeah, who gives a shit

setting is important to set up other stuff of how the world in general behaves and what sets it apart from other post apoc stories

thats the thing with fallout, fallout actually happens 200 years after the bombs, the thing beth really missed the mark on was that they wrote the fo3 ppl as if no time had ever happened and they were still living in the 50s, which is dumb and misses the point entirely lol

but i think setting matters a lot, stalker wouldn't be stalker if it wasn't for its ukranian roots, same with fallout, the setting feeds into the gameplay and presentation and atmosphere. stalker is a much darker and bleak game than fallout. stalker never feels like there's a society being rebuild, just feels like crazy people where they don't belong risking their life for scraps and that probably says something about the developers which is pretty interesting too.

edit: btw this might be a lot of nonsense i wrote i didnt feel like reaidng it cos fever taking over lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom