• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of GuardianE, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardianE, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition -- MB-75351FF35036AAD9 - Taken by miniDood. 93 entrants total.

t1446420949z1.png

Ludens

Banned
But they have given clues

Guesses are
Saints Row 4
Besiege
Valkyria Chronicles
Shovel Knight
Sunless Sea

I doubt Shovel Knight will be bundled already, YatchClub was pretty clear about their discount policy, so giving it in a bundle seems strange to me.

AHA-Lambda

Man, from the amount of all the stuff in Black Ops 3 this time around, I may actually have to buy this one and give it a look! =/

Usually my father buys CoD every year but he (somehow) doesn't like the Black Ops series so I may have to bite the bullet and buy it.

The Legacy of Kain games are garbage, buy Dark Corners. Best chase sequence in gaming.

XD

I played them all for the first time about a year ago and I can't argue, they've got great story and writing but man they have not aged well at all!

Pachimari

I can't decide if I should get Black Ops 3 for PC and play with the Elite controller or for PlayStation 4 with the larger online community.

pahamrick

I'm late on this, but Trails SC just released at a really, really bad time for me. It's not even so much the price ($30 isn't so bad, IMO) it's the timing with sudden release. Summer would have been ideal, for me anyway.

About Trails SC...I feel that people who are put off by the additional $10 price have no excuse :v

You're getting more content and bonuses that normally isn't available (more playable characters) along with HD sprites and other updated content.

Also, the game is quite long and well worth the dollar. 60~80 hours is just the normal time to finish one run of the game.

I just finished chapter one and all the scenes are great so far.

Chapter 1 ended on a really high note for me, and the side quests have been entertaining in their own right except for the kill 'x' monster ones.

Tizoc

I got Trails SC day 1 and its still in my backlog. Far as PC gaming goes, I'm almost done with Samurai Warriors 4-2, so I'm thinking of splitting tim between Zestiria and Anno 2205

There are always shitty players on your team no matter what the community size is.

Yes and no. I mean there's shitty and there's shitty. Hell, even in a not-so-serious game like TF2, when I first started I was the shitty one, but the other players were good about getting me to improve...because it's in their best interests that the players improve. Then I improved, and I helped out shitty players. And things were good.

Then it went free-to-play.

Now you get players who are shitty AND who don't listen. Like they play engineer, park their ass in the intel room and then try to trade in chat.

Jawmuncher

Are we talking about the SteamSpy Sales for Trails in the Sky SC? They don't look all that bad. Especially not for a niche title that basically had a stealth release and most people weren't ready for. If anything I think the stealth release approach for these sort of games aren't the best thing. Didn't really help out Ys: The Ark of Naphitsim either. Much like a lot of Xseed's stuff it's gonna be a slow burn, but i'm sure they're still happy with it. Would be more interesting to compare to the PlayStation sales.

Ludens

Banned
I keep playing MGSV, stealing and dismantling nukes to see the
hidden ending
, but I think I'm just losing time, no one found a way to unlock it, right?

I handicapped for my left hand and leg use, I can move it but not perfect especially for hand, finger use is practically impossible.
I only have the use of one hand and its difficult to really curate something that applies to everyone with only one hand. I was paralyzed on the right side since birth so I had lots of time to adapt. I can play virtually any game with most controllers these days. However people who are recently disabled have a much harder time at adapting. A game I wouldn't think nothing might seem impossible to others.
I'm not handicapped but I can only imagine being difficult to play games with one hand. Very sure people would appreciate a curator for that.
Quick question. Is playing with the keyboard totally out of question for you (not in tandem with mouse obviously)?
This image is actually really good, Gothic 3 is rad
That guy is incredible. Had some good laughs.
From the Screenshot thread ;

Looks like Rockstar could make HL3 if Valve won't do it :p
But Half-Life is about good and fun single-player campaigns. What does Rockstar have even remotely to do with that? /s

Haunted

looks great

hidden ending
probably, yeah
Why didn't anyone tell me Rocket League was really fun?
I've still not tried it =/

Don't like sports games...

Hektor

Halfway through, Human Resource Machine is becoming rather hard and i dont know if i'll continue. While i enjoy the programming puzzles, im kinda disappointed that its really just that. The presentation is cute, but there is no story or humor like in Little inferno so far, i feel i could just as well play with an assembly tutorial on the internet, which would serve a bigger use since that would be closer to the real thing in terms of code.

hidden ending

Some people think thats its only going to unlock once all nukes globally are dismantled, but no one knows for sure, at least not last time i checked.

part of me wants to get Black Ops III on PC...the other part of me wants to wait and see how it turns out and the benchmarks

the waiting part of me will win out (not having the money right now to afford it also plays into that)

Ludens

Banned
Some people think thats its only going to unlock once all nukes globally are dismantled, but no one knows for sure, at least not last time i checked.

Yeah but users have no way to check total nukes on each platform. The nuke tab is also bugged, since it shows both people with nukes and without.

Trails SC is on the 3rd page last place top seller, lower than Neptunia V3.
Truly the dark age of jrpg on steam.

I saw a tweet from someone at XSEED who was fairly disappointed that it dropped out of the top sellers list within a day of it's release.

I'm pretty sure they expected more after all the anticipation.

I'm late on this, but Trails SC just released at a really, really bad time for me. It's not even so much the price ($30 isn't so bad, IMO) it's the timing with sudden release. Summer would have been ideal, for me anyway.

Yeah, October was totally packed with RPGs. PC gamers, especially RPG fans, are still busy with Hearts of Stone, Wasteland 2, Age of Decadance, Divinity, Zestiria, etc. And if we want to add non-steam factors, there are lots of mmorpgs taking place in October. Tree of Savior, Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2 are some of the most popular examples.

I think most people havent even finished the first one and wont buy the game for 30$ if they dont play it in the next few months.

That seems to be the factor. FC has about 130k owners while SC only has 3k so far. NeptuniaV, the game that was released after SC, has already surpassed SC with 5k owners for comparison.

Anteater

Is the DLC for DMC worth it? I'll probably start playing it soon so I'm legit interested.

For DmC Vergil's downfall is worth playing through if you like the combat enough, although he's a bit OP and the bosses are still subpar like the main game.

Nothing for DMC4SE, they're all unlockables that are in the game and the preorder costumes.

Yeah, October was totally packed with RPGs. PC gamers, especially RPG fans, are still busy with Hearts of Stone, Wasteland 2, Age of Decadance, Divinity, Zestiria, etc. And if we want to add non-steam factors, there are lots of mmorpgs taking place in October. Tree of Savior, Blade & Soul, Guild Wars 2 are some of the most popular examples.

That seems to be the factor. FC has about 130k owners while SC only has 3k so far. NeptuniaV, the game that was released after SC, has already surpassed SC with 5k owners for comparison.

I don't think that's a fair comparison as Trails in the Sky SC was released on PSN/GOG/Steam simultaneously.

Arthea

only Trails is not niche, it's as straightforward mainstream JRPG as those get, no lewd fanservice, no quirky obscure game mechanics you have to learn, it has literally nothing that counts as niche as in "only for a small group of people with particular taste", if anything Tales is much more niche, not to mention IF games.
Trails being localization of old games may have something to do with this perception, true, but other than that. *shrugs*

not talking about sales this week, as I promised no doom and gloom posts
but as per munchies suggestion, that it still will be worth for Xseed, not in SC case it won't be, it has to sell good for them to have been worth, I'm not pretending I know how much exactly but I have my suspicions.

Jawmuncher

I don't think that's a fair comparison as Trails in the Sky SC was released on PSN/GOG/Steam simultaneously.

I think the point is more so sales comparison just on steam.

Arthea I know you love trails but it's still a niche JRPG in the west. You can't argue it in terms of sales which is what I'm referring to. Not mechanics or anything else.

pahamrick

Not to mention some of the big releases hitting in early November. I could only swing one big game for the rest of the year, had to be Fallout because it guarantees me the most playtime.

I'm sure in the long run it will sell well enough, but the release timing was just bad, at least on PC.

Lain

About Trails SC...I feel that people who are put off by the additional $10 price have no excuse :v

You're getting more content and bonuses that normally isn't available (more playable characters) along with HD sprites and other updated content.

Also, the game is quite long and well worth the dollar. 60~80 hours is just the normal time to finish one run of the game.

I just finished chapter one and all the scenes are great so far.

Chapter 1 ended on a really high note for me, and the side quests have been entertaining in their own right except for the kill 'x' monster ones.

The lack of a first week discount really hurt its sales. I got my money today so I bought it along with a bunch of other cheap shit but I can see how the cheap Steam bastards would be put off by that price, even if I agree with you.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
David Tennant Officially Confirmed for Just Cause 3

British actor David Tennant will lend his voice to Avalanche Studios’ Just Cause 3, the developer has today announced.

Speaking as part of a panel held during day two of PAX Australia 2015, game director Roland Lesterlin confirmed rumours that the veteran actor, best known for his role as the Tenth Doctor in Doctor Who, will feature in the open world game as a propaganda minister, with his voice being broadcast throughout the radios on the isle of Medici.

During an extended live stream of the game, Tennant’s voice could be heard on several occasions in the background. On omne such occasion, Lesterlin said: “I don’t know if you guys know, but the voice here is David Tennant… He’s awesome. The guy is hilarious. He came in and did the voice for the propaganda minister. He is Di Ravello’s voice when you blow up a base.”

Jawmuncher

It's hard to tell you anything when you aren't known for reading, you know

kindly explain me what you think niche means, because I'm sure you have in mind some other word.
Actual Definition
"a specialized but profitable corner of the market."

Or is Trails on par with final fantasy and Eder Scrolls? Hell most JRPGs on steam are niche. Including Neptunia. They're profitable with their JRPG fans group.

Which is why I added that it's not a fair comparison :p

I mean yes and no. This is the steam thread so those are the sales were gonna focus on. Though on the other hand I agree would be nice if we knew the entire total across all 3. But still Neptunia beating it out on steam I think is what was the main point. Though granted that is a far cheaper price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom