• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
and all his batteries only last like 3 seconds
9a5nxsenkt.gif
They last forever unless you're using your magic super kill beam :p

My birthday may be this Monday but that doesn't mean I can't celebrate it right now. Here's just a sample for now:

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Blackguards -- MB-88C7BBB6C6047F22 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-7CC51F3B59FD04B9 - Taken by data. 3 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-E76004B706D5EB1F - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-4682EA9520111214 - Taken by Dangerblade. 2 entrants total.
Titan Attacks! -- MB-86D08B117A12B4B5 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-FE9D293B68254906

t1447533903z1.png

Hektor

Cant say F4 blew me away yet.
Dialogue and story seems basically nonexistent. Just shooting and looting. Itsl ike borderlands.

So it begins

This is so stupid, not to mention worrying. They make the damn cards we bought, its their fucking JOB to provide us with drivers for the hardware we pain them money for. They expect us to jump thru hoops now. Whats next, a subscription to "nividia prime"?

Whats to stop someone from just uploading it somewhere. And wont driver sites just mirror it anyway. Whats the point of this except be a cocky asshole company.

dex3108

This is so stupid, not to mention worrying. They make the damn cards we bought, its their fucking JOB to provide us with drivers for the hardware we pain them money for. They expect us to jump thru hoops now. Whats next, a subscription to "nividia prime"?

Whats to stop someone from just uploading it somewhere. And wont driver sites just mirror it anyway. Whats the point of this except be a cocky asshole company.

You can still download drivers from geforce.com or geforce.co.uk without email adress but you can't download them via GeForce Experience.

You can still download drivers from geforce.com or geforce.co.uk without email adress but you can't download them via GeForce Experience.

Well that is a mild relief. I always updated manually back when I had a nvidia card.

Still bullshit though. I hope disposable email addresses work so people can just shuck a mailinator email in there to soak up nvidia spam.

Pachimari

Make sure you clean the game, whatever you do. http://www.creationkit.com/Category:TES5Edit
Change the file name to FNVEdit.exe and just follow the instructions.

I'm not sure I know how to go through with this. The FNVEdit.exe gave me one error already:

[00:03] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "TribalPack.esm" requires master "FalloutNV.esm" to be loaded before it.>

Should that just be ignored? Probably not, but I feel it is such a drag every time I have to deal with things I don't understand. But I want a good experience with New Vegas, now that I will go through it for the first time.

I assume they will disable that option sometime in the future and you will be forced to download them via GeForce Experience only... Who knows!

Salsa

everyone hates on geforce experience

but

why the hell does fucking Precision X update so much

seriously

it's the most annoying part of having overclocked this card

wipes my profiles too

Tenrius

OT PSA: there's still time to sign up for GAF Secret Santa! Exchange gifts with gaffers from all over the world! Feel the Christmas spirit! It's seriously great, I'm going to participate third time in a row this year. Head to this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=185439392 if you're interested.

Saying he's not a bot?

That's exactly what a bot would say

I'm pretty sure a bot wouldn't know what the capital of Finland was (well, you could program a bot to be able to google such things, but it wouldn't be really worth the effort). Looks more like a child, to be honest.

Dsyndrome

I'm not sure I know how to go through with this. The FNVEdit.exe gave me one error already:

Should that just be ignored? Probably not, but I feel it is such a drag every time I have to deal with things I don't understand. But I want a good experience with New Vegas, now that I will go through it for the first time.

It's saying that TribalPack.esm requires stuff declared by FalloutNV.esm, and it needs to be loaded first. Otherwise, it throws up an error saying that those values don't exist.

Here's another guide to help that also explains what's actually happening. Hope that helps.

Jawmuncher

Not a big MP guy but one thing i'm liking about black ops is that killstreaks seem to be toned down. I haven't played a match that has been bombarded with shit all over the place like in the older games.

Salsa

uh is there a reason why the game's default language is Polish?

am I supposed to play it that way?

edit: oh wow this is a point and click management thing

I thought it was a platformer. controller in hand like wut

Not a big MP guy but one thing i'm liking about black ops is that killstreaks seem to be toned down. I haven't played a match that has been bombarded with shit all over the place like in the older games.

I don't play CoD that much but from my understanding after Modern Warfare 2 or at least after 3 they stopped making Killstreaks so game ending.

Khronico

Cant say F4 blew me away yet.
Dialogue and story seems basically nonexistent. Just shooting and looting. Itsl ike borderlands.

The first 10 or so hrs (if you don't rush the main quest) is like that. Quality aside the story will ramp up.

I'm 40 hrs in (post main quest) and I'm finally finding more bespoke side quests. Pretty decent stuff so far.

Monooboe

Why can't I stop watching Doctor Who even though it's 90% crap? :(

EDIT: wrong thread. Point still stands :p

Because once it was so damn good and still sometimes shines enough to make one forget all the bad ones. The overall story of the Doctor still holds so immense potential.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-FD5DFD5A2CF80074 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

AHA-Lambda

URGH! It was said the crafting settlement stuff in Fallout 4 would be optional and unnecessary for progression through the game.

LIES! >_<
Time to grind >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom