• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind me. Still in a birthday mood and giving away stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light -- MB-6B4C8B4A76930099 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
BloodRayne Betrayal -- MB-C1C11B5856D6A441 - Taken by bigzgod. 3 entrants total.
Deadcore -- MB-FE746589370059CA - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
Lumino City -- MB-B950ABA25C93658F - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Costume Quest -- MB-9863A1D3505FE53E - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
StarMade -- MB-C346C54BB811EDCA - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Pix The Cat -- MB-64E7CFD89F4A43A7 - Taken by Saty. 4 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-5448D333A6B8A489 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 1 entrants total.

t1447624146z1.png

Ribeiro

Just a head up, i had the impression in the past when fooling around with the vpn that Origin's On the House game changes depending of the country you are, like it was one C&C in germany and Zumas Revenge in another one at same day. (Like now, is Theme Hospital if you are in Brazil and the C&C Red Alert in germany)

Grief.exe

What are all Square's games in production now.

Dragon Quest Heroes - Sony exclusive initially, PC version announced.
Kingdom Hearts III - PS4/XBO
Nier - PS4 exclusive, Platinum has hinted it may come to other platforms (probably their most interesting game in development)
FFXV - PS4/XBO
Dragon Quest XI - PS4/3DS
Dragon Quest Builders - Sony Exclusive
Star Ocean 5 - Sony Exclusive (that witch tho)

GaussTek

Nier - PS4 exclusive, Platinum has hinted it may come to other platforms (probably their most interesting game in development)
FFXV - PS4/XBO

Add:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
Final Fantasy VII Remake ("first" on PS4).
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4).
Shit-tons of mobile games :p

Oh and I forgot about the Lightning Returns PC port, which -hopefully- should be released next month.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

That one's also going to be on the NX.

That's gonna be interesting to see. How fundamentally different are they gonna be, do you figure?

From the reveal thread:

Two different games with the same story similar to Ni no Kuni.
PS4 version is open(-ish?) world. Similar to DQVIII
3DS Version presents a classic 2D Sprite style on the bottom screen.
3DS version will have 2D sprite battles + random battles when playing with the D-Pad and 3D battles when playing with the circle-pad.

Is this what it feels like to be a Turfster?

Dsyndrome

That's gonna be interesting to see. How fundamentally different are they gonna be, do you figure?

Going off the reveal, like Dragon Quest IX to Dragon Quest VIII PS2. What they're doing on the 3DS with both modes, I'm interested on how well they pull it off, and if one is honestly better than the other.

Soulflarz

Banned
Add:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
Final Fantasy VII Remake ("first" on PS4).
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4).
Shit-tons of mobile games :p

Oh and I forgot about the Lightning Returns PC port, which -hopefully- should be released next month.

And ____
And Dissidia Arcade, right? They're still doing stuff for that, and it's coming to consoles, sooo

iosefe

FFXV - PS4/XBO

Project Setsuna

World of Final Fantasy

AHA-Lambda

Finished FO4's main questline, took 17 hours with a little divergence.

Was underwhelming quite frankly, and the ending is such a damp squib; least the one I got was anyway.

I'd need to think but this will surely be on my list of disappointments of the year, I really really liked FO3 and NV. I don't know why but the world, characters and story just were not engaging this time around, coupled with some systems changes I really am not a fan of.

It's fine, it's decent but nothing amazing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

FFXV - PS4/XBO

Wonder how many ofthese that willend up on PC later.

I'm hoping for Nier and FFX coming over to PC at the very least.

Tizoc

Is it me or am I the only SteamGAFfer with a PS4 who has DQ Heroes?
Put a few hours into it and here's some quick impressions

First off performance is good, there's some nice lighting used, and the game aims at hitting 60 FPS, but there are a few dips, I'd say it goes from 60 to 50 but it's nothing game breaking.

There is some pop in going on, not sure if it occured to enemies I fought but some artifacts like grass etc would pop up when you approach an area

Combat music is pretty much taken straight from DQ games, if you never played them before then you'll be listening to many of the series' battle themes.

This game defies all known DQ logic by having you accumulate Gold faster than any DQ game before. You use Gold to buy equipment etc.

English dub is fine so far, keep in mind that the localization of the games tended to have various accents to the characters, so Alena and Kiryl for example have Russian accents and use some russian terms etc.

Combat is simple but fun, if you like Musou games, you'll enjoy it although it's a tad slower paced than the last Musou game I played

Really though this is a game best played in short bursts, if you play it for too long all the button mashing might bore you

You can create a variety of accessories from items dropped by enemies, eventually you're likely to have a lot of accessories to choose from that offer stat buffs

The male protag's hair resembles DQ6's protag's hair oddly enough

I'm becoming quite the fan of the steam controller, shame it's not something people can test easily to see if they can get to grips with it.

I think valve had some promotions for some steam stuff at best buy when steam cards became a thing,some mini kiosk. Maybe it is possible they do this for the steam controller.

FFXV - PS4/XBO

Those are a lot of games not coming to PC. Sony must be paying Square a lot of money.

Somehow not free anymore. EA pls.

Yeah, it's not free anymore. :/

FFXV - PS4/XBO

Star Ocean 5 is confirmed to be Sony exclusive only?
That's interesting.

Is it me or am I the only SteamGAFfer with a PS4 who has DQ Heroes?
Put a few hours into it and here's some quick impressions

First off performance is good, there's some nice lighting used, and the game aims at hitting 60 FPS, but there are a few dips, I'd say it goes from 60 to 50 but it's nothing game breaking.

There is some pop in going on, not sure if it occured to enemies I fought but some artifacts like grass etc would pop up when you approach an area

Combat music is pretty much taken straight from DQ games, if you never played them before then you'll be listening to many of the series' battle themes.

This game defies all known DQ logic by having you accumulate Gold faster than any DQ game before. You use Gold to buy equipment etc.

English dub is fine so far, keep in mind that the localization of the games tended to have various accents to the characters, so Alena and Kiryl for example have Russian accents and use some russian terms etc.

Combat is simple but fun, if you like Musou games, you'll enjoy it although it's a tad slower paced than the last Musou game I played

Really though this is a game best played in short bursts, if you play it for too long all the button mashing might bore you

You can create a variety of accessories from items dropped by enemies, eventually you're likely to have a lot of accessories to choose from that offer stat buffs

The male protag's hair resembles DQ6's protag's hair oddly enough

Nice impressions!
I'm not a huge fan of musou games but if it's Dragon Quest how can I refuse lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom