• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you share your Reshade/SweetFX-preset? I'm about to start NG+ and thought I'd go with a new look!
Sure, I use GeDoSaTo. Here my settings.

Dark Souls II config:
aaQuality 3
aaType smaa
ssaoStrength 3
ssaoScale 1
ssaoBlurType sharp
enableDoF true
dofType bokeh
dofBaseRadius 1.05
enablePostprocessing true
postProcessingType durante
enableBloom true

Postprocessing (durante) config:
#define USE_BLOOM 1
#define USE_HDR 1
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1
#define USE_VIBRANCE 1

// Bloom settings
#define BloomThreshold 20.25
#define BloomPower 1.025
#define BloomWidth 0.035

// HDR settings
#define HDRPower 1.30
#define radius2 0.80

// LumaSharpen settings
#define sharp_strength 0.50
#define sharp_clamp 0.035
#define pattern 2

// Vibrance settings
#define Vibrance 0.10
#define Vibrance_RGB_balance float3(1.00, 1.00, 1.00)
Somehow not free anymore. EA pls.
Dang, bummer.

Accoun

ADOM releases in 20 hours.

Feel the hype, SteamGAF.

I've never played it, but if it's half as good as ToME I'll be in love with it.

It... has graphics now? News to me, but apparently they had a crowdfunding campaign.

CT5QhduVAAA_edX.png:large

alright what the fuck
bethesda has to be taking the piss

Reminds me:
1125_4b17.jpeg

Damn, Fallout 4 music and songs are just stuck in my head.

-------------------------------------- >8

So, we don't only have "today, game X is already Y year old" threads, but also "next week, game X is Y year old". We even have "next year, game X is Y year old".
Gaf is still missing "next decade, game X is Y year old" thread, someone should make it.

Dsyndrome

Damn, Fallout 4 music and songs are just stuck in my head.

-------------------------------------- >8

So, we don't only have "today, game X is already Y year old" threads, but also "next week, game X is Y year old". We even have "next year, game X is Y year old".
Gaf is still missing "next decade, game X is Y year old" thread, someone should make it.

Without clicking on either of the two threads I see currently on Gaming front page, I can tell where the convo's gonna end up going.

Dsyndrome

When I tried to play for a bit the other day, was pretty dissapointment I couldn't kill everyone like in new Vegas.

I launched a mini-nuke at Dogmeat at the Red Rocket for funsies (would've been Cogsworth if he was around) and was saddened that although all my limbs had all been blown off, he remained unscathed. Reminded me for whatever reason of when I tried to kill Vivec in Morrowind and was told that the game was now unbeatable and I had to restart, like he wasn't asking for it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Primal Carnage: Extinction 1.1.3 November Update Now Available

NovemberUpdateBanner-672x300.png

Las Vegas, NV - November 15th, 2015 - An update to Primal Carnage: Extinction has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Primal Carnage: Extinction. The major changes include:

General

• Added a fade-in when first loading into a map
  • Added Alienware AlienFX support
  • Optimized all shaders
  • Optimized sound cues for weapons, footsteps, melee attacks, environments, and more
  • Removed "slomo" command to prevent people exploiting the economy
  • Assists are now properly cleared when a player changes teams or round restarts
  • Toned down the tranq screen effect to prevent players from getting sick
  • Decreased respawn timer duration
  • Fixed texture file cache issue that caused several crashes
  • Fixed motion blur setting not working
  • Fixed controls locking up after dying while using an item
  • Fixed normal-maps and specular-maps not showing at their full resolution on highest settings
  • Fixed FOV settings not being preserved under certain conditions
  • Fixed certain sounds like footsteps or roars from cutting out

Economy

• Added 89 new economy items
  • Added Human Crate #3
  • Added Dino Crate #4
  • Added new store items

Maps

• Added AI-Geothermal
  • Added AI-Whiteforest
  • Improved game-wide post processing
  • Game-wide lighting/shadow re-haul
  • Added visual improvements to every map
  • Improved performance in every map
  • Improved/remade several environment assets and landscape textures
  • Improved dynamic shadow performance on every map
  • Added lens flares
  • Improved collisions in every map
  • Improved environment ambiance in ever map
  • Added dynamiclightning to PC-Airbase
  • Moved cargo ship corpse on PC-Docks to the back of the ship
  • Moved crashed plane on PC-Marsh to prevent camping
  • Added tyrant-proof areas to PC-Forestchasm
  • Removed exterior ramp on the back of the PC-UtilityBase building
  • Main complex doors on PC-Contingency stay closed for the first 120 seconds
  • Modified AI-VisitorCenter so the player can't go anywhere the tyrant AI can't

Human

• Increased human scale by 20%
  • Improved weapon hit detection
  • Humans now show weapon recoil in third person
  • All weapons now have a zoom function (Middle mouse button)
  • Added a lag offset to weapons when rotating your view
  • Added a subtle bob when sprinting
  • Added new sounds for resupplying
  • Added new landmine beep sounds
  • Added new bullet tracer effects
  • Updated weapon sounds with new distant weapon fire effects
  • Improved weapon impact effects
  • Added hair back to the scientist
  • Added sway to the Pathfinder hair
  • Fire now chars dinosaurs on death
  • Optimized the "Spat on" screen effect
  • Decreased the tranq recovery rate
  • Tranq no longer overdoses dinosaurs
  • Fixed being able to fire while being eaten by a Tyrant
  • Fixed sensor mines marking dead players
  • Fixed being able to use resupply stations through walls
  • Fixed not being able to unscope after being picked up/pounced
  • Fixed reloading while scoped not putting you back into scope mode
  • Fixed the players view being tilted after being dropped by a Ptera
  • Fixed delay on sniper rifle fire sound
  • Fixed a bug where tracer effects would only emit from the left Colt
  • Fixed Flamethrower effects not going through walls

Dinosaurs

• Added new secondary attack to Carno- Carno can now lunge left and right without needing to stop with little to no delay
  • Decreased Carno secondary attack damage to 50
  • Carno can now head-swing while netted
  • Added more variety to dinosaur attack/death/footstep sounds
  • Increased the volume and fadeoff distance of Tyrant footsteps
  • Toned down the intensity of the "on fire" effect
  • Fixed netted dinosaurs still playing pain sounds after death
  • Fixed dinosaur animation speeds while under the tranq effect
  • Fixed dinosaurs being able to grab/pounce while on fire
  • Fixed Raptor jump animation being shown as the pounce animation under certain conditions
  • Fixed dinosaur players not always catching on fire
  • Fixed Oviraptor being able to mark dead players
  • Fixed Tyrants being able to eat from corpses while netted

Survival

• Added AI Carno enemy
  • Added AI Oviraptor enemy
  • Added Turrets (Turrets are powered by generators and can be upgraded)
  • Added purchase-able health/ammo stations
  • Throwables now sit inside an easy-to-spot crate
  • Improved general AI pathing
  • Improved general AI behavior
  • Improved vending machine use sounds
  • Fixed the boss Alpha Raptor from freezing in place under certain conditions
  • Fixed Compy enemies occasionally getting lost
  • Increased delay between AI spawns to prevent lag issues on certain hardware

UI

• Added 3D loadout menu
  • Added "Solo" option to the main menu
  • Added Master Volume option
  • Updated all the fonts in the game
  • Updated map images to match what the game now looks like
  • Fixed togglehud not hiding the chat module
  • Fixed economy key redemption not working properly
  • Fixed certain killicons not displaying properly
  • Fixed certain descriptions not displaying properly in human class select

Server

• Servers now logs kills
  • Added timestamps to chat logs
  • Improved map rotation
  • Fixed certain server settings being lost on map change
  • Fixed not being able to join Survival servers under certain circumstances
  • Fixed dedicated server memory leak

Jawmuncher

It'll probably crossover to here anyway but the UK tomb raider sales came up.

Is like 60K for ROTTR (360,X1)compared to 180K for TR2013 (PS3,360,PC)

Everyone is freaking out and spelling doom and gloom. Despite no PC or PS4 release yet. To me the numbers look pretty good for a title basically on one platform (360 port probably didn't add much) and sandwiched between big releases, along with going up against fallout 4. Plus UK has been selling significantly less then before for awhile now.

All in all, any rationale person shouldn't see this as some sort of confirmation that the series is dead. We'll be seeing Return of the Tomb Raider soon enough.

the not sure/maybe dialogue option in fallout 4 is the most ridiculous thing ever

Pretty much.

Without clicking on either of the two threads I see currently on Gaming front page, I can tell where the convo's gonna end up going.

When I tried to play for a bit the other day, was pretty dissapointment I couldn't kill everyone like in new Vegas.

Yeah, the dialogue system is very bare bone so far. Your choices are generally meaningless as you'll be directed to the locked outcomes. I've never had that 'oh shit I made a wrong choice now everyone is pointing their gun at me' moments in Fallout 4 so far.

However, I think I've actually dodged at least a couple of that moments so far. One of which is when I was accused of murdering someone and I lied about it (not sure what will he do if I didn't), and the other one is when I was threatened to leave a certain place in 10 seconds, or else they'll attack me. I didn't bother to re-load to see if they're just bluffing or not.

All in all, any rationale person shouldn't see this as some sort of confirmation that the series is dead. We'll be seeing Return of the Tomb Raider soon enough.

And after that they'll finally put the series to rest for a while until they decide to reboot it again... probably as a 4-player bro-op shooter.

This is the way of things in this, the most modern of eras.

KingKong

And after that they'll finally put the series to rest for a while until they decide to reboot it again... probably as a 4-player bro-op shooter.

This is the way of things in this, the most modern of eras.

they already made a co op tomb raider shooter (two in fact) and it was much better than the reboot

No one has figured out that damn trivia yet.

I tried to find a good balance. If it is too easy it's like "why bother," and if it is too hard everyone tells me to eat a dick.

I will drop a hint if no one has gotten it in a day or two. There is one nasty part of it that some posters have poked near.

It is only a $20 game though, sorry.

Eila

Just come back and Jade Empire is not free anymore.
Was that unintended or something? I couldn't activate it earlier.

Uzzy

It'll probably crossover to here anyway but the UK tomb raider sales came up.

Is like 60K for ROTTR (360,X1)compared to 180K for TR2013 (PS3,360,PC)

Everyone is freaking out and spelling doom and gloom. Despite no PC or PS4 release yet. To me the numbers look pretty good for a title basically on one platform (360 port probably didn't add much) and sandwiched between big releases, along with going up against fallout 4. Plus UK has been selling significantly less then before for awhile now.

But The Rise and Fall of the Tomb Raider is too good a title to pass up.

Jawmuncher

Guardian of Light was pretty damn good. Temple of Osiris though is just alright, beat it twice and even with friends it Just didn't compare.

Uzzy

Guardian of Light is a genuine gem of a game. Temple of Osiris is just lacking in polish, with is bizarre really. Guess it needed some more 'passion' from Microsoft.

Anyway, Lara Croft GO is the best Tomb Raider game in recent years.

zkylon

zkylewd
ai that reacts to day night cycles would be more impressive if instead of suddenly vanishing into thin air npcs actually walked back to their homes after closing shop lol

Dsyndrome

Silly decision for MS/Square to release Tomb Raider same day as Fallout 4.

Like..what the heck were you thinking?

According to Greenberg, between Fallout 4, SW: Battlefront, and COD: BO3, Fallout 4 was the safest. Guess they thought wrong. Later and you release Thanksgiving week, don't know why earlier was out of the picture.

Jawmuncher

Silly decision for MS/Square to release Tomb Raider same day as Fallout 4.

Like..what the heck were you thinking?

I honestly bet the marketing was botched once they realized they couldn't use it as a uncharted 4 counter. Which was all it ever was to MS.

I was happy to discover the big horrible twist everyone was going crazy about in Fallout 4 occurs long before the ending of the game. Been around 5 hours since then!

yuraya

According to Greenberg, between Fallout 4, SW: Battlefront, and COD: BO3, Fallout 4 was the safest. Guess they thought wrong. Later and you release Thanksgiving week, don't know why earlier was out of the picture.

There is a reason why Bethesda scheduled their own E3 conference to have all eyes on their presentation. Why would anyone want to compete and go head to head with them? So many other days this year and next they could have done it but instead chose Nov 10th lol. So dumb.

tuxfool

Banned
ai that reacts to day night cycles would be more impressive if instead of suddenly vanishing into thin air npcs actually walked back to their homes after closing shop lol

Yeah. it is rather jarring along with the same old fade when reaching doors or elevators.

Jawmuncher

Regardless I think the game will do fine. PC release was said to be April and if not will more then likely share the release with PS4. Plus I bet they'll have a new SKU for the game across all systems that incorporates the current season pass but keeps the 60 dollar price. For such a wait it'll make the most sense to have a "complete version" when it arrives to other platforms. Hell it can even get more X1 sales that way.

gurm3n

Neo Member
I grabbed the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle from Bundle Stars and I've been playing Shadow of Chernobyl with the complete mod. I'm loving the game so far, the setting is great and it's not as clunky as it seems at first glance. Also, I chuckle every time I hear cheeki-breeki i v damke, which is great.

Uzzy

Regardless I think the game will do fine. PC release was said to be April and if not will more then likely share the release with PS4. Plus I bet they'll have a new SKU for the game across all systems that incorporates the current season pass but keeps the 60 dollar price. For such a wait it'll make the most sense to have a "complete version" when it arrives to other platforms. Hell it can even get more X1 sales that way.

It'll be a year old game going up against Uncharted when it comes out on PS4. So that's a death march if ever I saw one.

As for the PC release, it'll probably do well there. Personally, I'm going to wait for a sale and grab it. As SquareEnix decided that Microsoft's 'passion' was worth holding back a PC release for, I'll hold back my money.

Dsyndrome

When's good in early 2016 for the PC release? Depending on when they pick, they'll be around X-COM 2, DX:MKD, Dark Souls 3, or back against Uncharted.

I'd say if they didn't have the "no PS4 for a year deal", they could pull a Watch Dogs and release in summer, although that'd piss of PC since it's already being purposely held back.

Jawmuncher

It'll be a year old game going up against Uncharted when it comes out on PS4. So that's a death march if ever I saw one.

As for the PC release, it'll probably do well there. Personally, I'm going to wait for a sale and grab it. As SquareEnix decided that Microsoft's 'passion' was worth holding back a PC release for, I'll hold back my money.

Eh not really up against uncharted 4. PS4 release is Fall 2016

When's good in early 2016 for the PC release? Depending on when they pick, they'll be around X-COM 2, DX:MKD, Dark Souls 3, or back against Uncharted.

March isn't that crowded. But it could fall back further past april (april isnt too crowded either atm)
Not like square is forced on a specific release once X1 exclusivity ends.

Finished Fallout 4, or at least one of the paths at 30 hours. Felt a bit short although my memory of the other games could just be playing tricks. Level 36 so still have 14 to go and I'm sure there are a lot of miscellaneous quests I missed but I was trying to be relatively thorough. All of the Fallout 3/NV dlc was pretty great so I'm looking forward to that.

Too late to actually post thoughtful impressions of anything :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wow, The Evil Within: The Assignment was really damn good. The main game definitely had a story that benefits from having an additional layer added on and I'm loving the concepts and overarching plot more and more with each detail revealed. I'm pretty pumped to dig into The Consequence at some point this week.

Free games from dlh net that I already have

ModBot said:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Baron_Calamity, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gorky 17 -- MB-37DE67535890402E - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.
Earth 2150 -- MB-1AE183D2B54D7738 - Taken by Blu(e). 1 entrants total.

t1447660147z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like my baby gonna be like 42 by the time i bother finding him

also the little quips your character says when skipping dialogue are so bad. but then try doing those when your character's drunk, now that's cringe af

it's like there are more and more layers of terrible hidden deep in that dialogue system

i can't believe how bad it is

Chariot

I was happy to discover the big horrible twist everyone was going crazy about in Fallout 4 occurs long before the ending of the game. Been around 5 hours since then!
What is it anyways? Is it actually the baby being 40 and zyklon, smoking some cigarettes and saying "gross." when it sees you? Please, pm, the tension is midly agitating me.

Dsyndrome

i feel like my baby gonna be like 42 by the time i bother finding him

also the little quips your character says when skipping dialogue are so bad. but then try doing those when your character's drunk, now that's cringe af

it's like there are more and more layers of terrible hidden deep in that dialogue system

i can't believe how bad it is

Hello parent, I've missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom