• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

me0wish

Given that we don't even know what exactly the NX is, let alone when it's releasing, that's not really encouraging news.

Nevertheless, it's very interesting how SE is handling the title and how Nintendo is trying to maintain 3rd party support. Hopefully DQH does well enough to convince SE to give us DQXI on pc, next year is pretty exciting.

Phinor

Hasn't it been out for years?

Sure, it's been "out" for few decades now. I played it in the 90s, but this is an updated version and first time on Steam. Even had an Indiegogo campaign few years ago. And obviously it was being updated over the years despite having an initial release date. Same deal with pretty much every old-school roguelike.

Ascii version looks much better than this new version though... (well it looks like both versions are included in this release so take your pick, but choose ascii)

Ascii version looks much better than this new version though...
header.jpg

vs
I dunno, man...

In seriousness, it looks worse than ToME because the sprites are larger and more detailed--makes the whole thing look more archaic, somehow. I guess the artstyle is also kinda mid-2000's browser MMO, which doesn't help either.

Sorry about the formatting. I wanted to try a Trivia giveaway.

If you don't know what the game is then you almost certainly don't have the correct answer. The clues are specific; you should not have to guess the answer.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-DD7291F089F37858 - Taken by fspm Trivia Question: Sea the images?

Image One:
dGU8dEq.jpg

Image Two:
jQwvj6X.jpg

Image Three:
yZD9XWP.jpg

Image 4:
R72Hfua.jpg

Image Five:
wjMoVWF.jpg

Image Six:
MkjtZ5N.jpg

Image 7:
dVModwP.jpg

Image Eight:
ClBwMk0.jpg

Image Nine:
AAew345.jpg

Image Ten:
W05JtOH.jpg

Ryne

I know they said Star Ocean was PS3/PS4 exclusive, but I sure hope that changes. I would buy it for PC and PS4 in a snap.

Anteater

No, he's one of the most civil and well-spoken posters on the board.

Console warriors just can't deal with the facts he reiterates.

you could be informative without purposely trying to stir things up, platform warriors can be annoying but like some already said, you can do that in a better way without lowering yourself to their level and riling people up

I find some people do that funny but there are some who aren't

I really like your posts because you rarely take things personally and they're always about technical stuff, dark10x is the same, he was going in hard in those console comparison threads and he actually knows what he's talking about, but these posters are pretty rare and I don't consider them having a bias

even though if you think you're right, I think it's still best not to align yourself with a certain platform

I wonder if anyone will crack the code.

Im stumped. I get

Tom Arnold (The Stupids)
Sarah Palin (stupid)
Christmas (holiday, decoration)
Question (talk bubble)
Flan (dessert)
Fry (Futurama, delivery boy)
Poison (fighter, girl)
Burger king
Ray Stevens (parodies, neo con, idiot)
Cinderella (princess, Disney)

Anteater

finished higurashi ch2, haven't done the epilogue yet

so like I guess each chapter is a bit different and don't have anything to do with each other other, I was confused until I read about it on wiki, but there are the "answer" chapters that are related.

chapter 2 feels longer than 1 and I think there's a few things I didn't like, not sure if it's because of the translation but some parts feel off

in terms of pacing, it starts slow, but overall it's actually more satisfying than ch2

it's such a good read though and I suggest everyone to give the series a try

Given the dislike the story got since release (though I didn't have a problem with it), I'm surprised you expected something from it (both delivery as well as quality), Blizzard or not.
This is why adventure mode is such a loved feature in the game, because it allows people to play the game skipping the whole story, which is great for seasonal play (gotta complete the game once to unlock adventure mode in non seasonal play though).
Most of my memory of early Diablo 3 impressions are of connectivity issues and auction house fuckery.
doesn't he have a pc bias, troll console threads a lot and got juniorized? I'd say it's the matter of time.
Nah, he got junior'd from making a totally normal thread about Eurogamer using i3+750Ti combo, and outperformed consoles in DF tests. Then console warriors came along and shit up and derailed the thread with the usual shticks, OP got junior'd, trolls were left untouched.

AHA-Lambda

finished higurashi ch2, haven't done the epilogue yet

so like I guess each chapter is a bit different and don't have anything to do with each other other, I was confused until I read about it on wiki, but there are the "answer" chapters that are related.

chapter 2 feels longer than 1 and I think there's a few things I didn't like, not sure if it's because of the translation but some parts feel off

in terms of pacing, it starts slow, but overall it's actually more satisfying than ch2

it's such a good read though and I suggest everyone to give the series a try

Oh God, chapter 1 almost turned me away with its pacing! XD

4 hours of "let's all be best chums and play games together" D:
Thank god the rest made up for it!

Dsyndrome

I don't see it.
I... don't get it...

I was kidding, I have no earthly idea; don't think Dwarf Fortress is even on Steam.
Im stumped. I get

Tom Arnold (The Stupids)
Sarah Palin (stupid)
Christmas (holiday, decoration)
Question (talk bubble)
Flan (dessert)
Fry (Futurama, delivery boy)
Poison (fighter, girl)
Burger king
Ray Stevens (parodies, neo con, idiot)
Cinderella (princess, Disney)
I couldn't tell if it was flan or cheesecake, since this image also comes up:

Jawmuncher

I was kidding, I have no earthly idea; don't think Dwarf Fortress is even on Steam.

I couldn't tell if it was flan or cheesecake, since this image also comes up:

I know Flan and that's definitely Flan.
In the Trivia post, dunno what your image is but it's probably not flan.
Unless it's some without the caramelized sugar.

Anteater

Nah, he got junior'd from making a totally normal thread about Eurogamer using i3+750Ti combo, and outperformed consoles in DF tests. Then console warriors came along and shit up and derailed the thread with the usual shticks, OP got junior'd, trolls were left untouched.

haha i didn't mean that's the reason, but mods probably do look at his track record

Oh God, chapter 1 almost turned me away with its pacing! XD

4 hours of "let's all be best chums and play games together" D:
Thank god the rest made up for it!

yeah ch1 was pretty slow but it worked so well when things escalate, ch2 has similar pacing but you already know the lore and some of the characters so it's not as effective, I get why those portions are there, but still, the "let's play some board games!" aren't exactly enjoyable for me when they go on for like hours

ch1 really creeped me out though lol

haha i didn't mean that's the reason, but mods probably do look at his track record
Normal DF thread shouldn't be any sort of last straw, and it's not like his junioring brought great thread making quality to the gaming side. He backs his posts with facts, that puts him above many gaffers.

Lomax

The irony of that trivia is that it's so specific, whomever would get it right probably already owns the game. Still amusing though.

Playing EU4 as morocco , I have almost all of North Africa , then Aragon attacks me because of a trade dispute, they call Navarre, France, Naples , Hungary and Urbino into the War.
I somehow win this war and get sicily and sardinia as a price. Huge blob commonwealth allied with huge blob Austria declare war on me next month , fuck this game.

Jawmuncher

I assume you're referring to this
The discrepancy regarding Poison has been addressed more than once in interviews with former and current Capcom employees. Final Fight developer and Arika founder Akira Nishitani stated he supposed the character could be male, but added it was up to the viewer to decide. Street Fighter IV's producer Yoshinori Ono, when asked in an interview about the matter, stated "Let's set the record straight: in North America, Poison is officially a post-op transsexual. But in Japan, she simply tucks her business away to look female.". He later emphasized it again when asked about what female characters could be included in the game Street Fighter IV, stating that it would be too confusing to include her due to the region-specific gender. Later on, however, during the production of Street Fighter x Tekken, he had apparently changed his mind and decided Poison is a post-op transsexual, and after heavy controversy regarding very insensitive and transphobic character dialogue, he finally settled on what Nishitani had originally stated, that Poison can be whatever the player feels she is.

Chariot

Sorry about the formatting. I wanted to try a Trivia giveaway.

If you don't know what the game is then you almost certainly don't have the correct answer. The clues are specific; you should not have to guess the answer.

Image One:
dGU8dEq.jpg

Image Two:
jQwvj6X.jpg

Image Three:
yZD9XWP.jpg

Image 4:
R72Hfua.jpg

Image Five:
wjMoVWF.jpg

Image Six:
MkjtZ5N.jpg

Image 7:
dVModwP.jpg

Image Eight:
ClBwMk0.jpg

Image Nine:
AAew345.jpg

Image Ten:
W05JtOH.jpg
batman orangess

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The PS4 is 2 years old thread did remind me how good this year has been for Steam and PC gaming in general. Honestly, Steam by far had the best game selection this year, I think.

There's a few exclusives elsewhere that are quite good too, but honestly there were so many good games this year on Steam it's hard to count them all, in all genres almost and this year saw big increases in console to PC game improvements (overall) and Japanese dev support also, as well as several classic games coming to Steam this year as well.

Overall, more games released this year on Steam than any other year definitely, a surprising high number of very good games too.

Jawmuncher

The PS4 is 2 years old thread did remind me how good this year has been for Steam and PC gaming in general. Honestly, Steam by far had the best game selection this year, I think.

There's a few exclusives elsewhere that are quite good too, but honestly there were so many good games this year on Steam it's hard to count them all, in all genres almost and this year saw big increases in console to PC game improvements (overall) and Japanese dev support also, as well as several classic games coming to Steam this year as well.

Overall, more games released this year on Steam than any other year definitely, a surprising high number of very good games too.

I agree, actually playing on PC has made me notice the actual landscape of both systems.
Far less interested in both systems this gen since I play so much on PC, with the exclusives being too separated.

This is probably my third or fourth playthrough of Fallout: NV and this is my first time discovering the little side story to Nipton. Vulpes was right, maybe they do deserve what happened to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom