• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
OZIUM aka
GORKY 27

Let us leave the past where it belongs.

Now, continue the hype train on ADOM.
ss_66f13f94531686c1612fae06e812a487c880c332.jpg
When Dwarf Fortress gets graphics one day, I hope it uses an ASCII minimap.

It's officially my birthday (in the East Coast). So here's some stuff for now:

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-E2F6F2259F1BB0C0 - Taken by xGreg. 9 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-78AD1798FBC97DA2 - Taken by tuxfool. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-6E07B25394721CEC - Taken by Mikurden. 8 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can -- MB-2B4847E0A984D3D4 - Taken by cardinalmind. 5 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-BB11AC20C005FE3B - Taken by TheLight. 5 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-2107E414BD1CC980 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-639016CA0F3AA294 - Taken by Bayonetta. 6 entrants total.

t1447661767z1.png

There is a spoiler thread you know. It is pretty barren, but'd have your answer at page 2. There isn't much anger there because people know what Bethesda is like...
It's kind of silly but not nearly as much as I thought it'd be when you hear the reveal out of context.

I finished BLOPS 3 campaign, easily the worst one since MW3 (I skipped it), it's boring, it drags, has zero charisma, and Hendricks McShouty is annoying as fuck.

Here's my biased review of Fallout 4.

I think the steam review is crawling back to 80% these days.

Oh right, and apparently you can already redeem your Fallout 4 bonus, Dota 2 announcer stuff, now.

And happy birthday to ramoisdead~!

dex3108

It'll probably crossover to here anyway but the UK tomb raider sales came up.

Is like 60K for ROTTR (360,X1)compared to 180K for TR2013 (PS3,360,PC)

Everyone is freaking out and spelling doom and gloom. Despite no PC or PS4 release yet. To me the numbers look pretty good for a title basically on one platform (360 port probably didn't add much) and sandwiched between big releases, along with going up against fallout 4. Plus UK has been selling significantly less then before for awhile now.

All in all, any rationale person shouldn't see this as some sort of confirmation that the series is dead. We'll be seeing Return of the Tomb Raider soon enough.

Well those are not good numbers for sure. And even year later when all versions are out Square won't see TR2013 numbers for sure. They hurt TR IP with this exclusivity and lack of marketing. How bad we don't know yet. And they will earn even less money from PC/PS4 release because they will need to include all Season Pass content for base price, and in case of PS4 they will maybe need to lower base price to push sales.

I just hope that Square took good amount of money from MS.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I would love to see someone make another hacking RPG like Shadowrun on the Mega Drive/Genesis. We get plenty of hacking simulation titles like Uplink, but it's not quite "action" enough for me.

With hacking mini-games, where it's really just for show. I guess I simply would prefer them to be quick and simple like that one Ghost in the Shell PS2 game. Simply little "fit the cog together" and happened in seconds for success or failure, and that's all I need. Already too many pipe mania or colour/word Mastermind mini-games out there.

Adnor

Banned
I really didn't expect someone to patch the framerate in Tales of Zestiria, that's cool, I hope they fix the issues it causes before I buy the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
fallout 4 is so delightfully broken, witcha3 was funny but this is something else

diamond city is like broken npc land. just as i arrive a scripted event happens that makes a guy get shot by the guards in the middle of the town. this experience seems to be sort of traumatic for one of the guards since he stood randomly vibrating in place watching at the headless corpse he just killed. after a while i found him shooting at the corpse and now he's bugged in that state forever, which makes the town just have the constant sound of gunfire as background music

same town, got into another scripted event. this time a lady invites me for a drink, but the bartender also triggers conversation because fallout 4 is stupid about dialogue and now not only i've lost the ability to take her up on her offer but she's also never talking to me again and just mumbling words at a really low volume i can barely make out

and there's been so many more hilarious ai bugs. preston loves to spawn in my head, enemies love to get stuck on stairs (also remember it's 2015 and beth still hasn't been able to program ladders lol), people vanish when it's night time, that sort of stuff

my favorite was getting a haircut and after i finish the entire diamond city has disappeared, barber included.

this game is hilarious

zkylon

zkylewd
15 hours in, i think fallout 4 is an addicting bad game that is probably worse than fallout 3 even tho they're both pretty bad.

as in, nothing about this game is good. there are things that are improved from fallout 3, but where fallout 3 had some interesting stuff that it was pretty good at doing (like atmosphere), fallout 4 is just simply not good at anything, and it's bad at a lot of things that even fo3 got right (not to mention new vegas). it's a competent shooter and it's a competent bethesda game and it does enough to keep you hooked in a loop of explore -> loot -> upgrade but that's about it.

Ludens

Banned
Konami "improved" FOB with a patch. Now you need to use your Steam wallet credit instead of GMP to research new weapons (just kidding, but the log says only the improved Fob).

Enjoying Lost Planet 3 a lot. But headcrab half life style enemies need to die forever please devs. They are not fun and never have been. Spamming 500 of them attacking from everywhere has never been cool. Just a chore.

Two games in a row I have had to deal with them. Just finished playing How to Survive and now in Lost Planet 3.

Hektor

HBD Ramo!

15 hours in, i think fallout 4 is an addicting bad game that is probably worse than fallout 3 even tho they're both pretty bad.

as in, nothing about this game is good. there are things that are improved from fallout 3, but fallout 3 imo was good at some stuff, while this game is just simply not good at anything, and it's bad at a lot of things, even stuff that fallout 3 got right (not to mention new vegas). it's a competent shooter and it's a competent bethesda game and that's about it. it does enough to keep you hooked in a loop of explore -> loot -> upgrade and that's about it.

This echoes my opinion so far. Im severely disappointed and dont really have fun with it, but i keep coming back for some reason.

I'll probably pour around 80 hours into the game and ask myself later "God, why? That could've been at least 40 unsuccessful dates!" like i did with skyrim.

Konami "improved" FOB with a patch. Now you need to use your Steam wallet credit instead of GMP to research new weapons (just kidding, but the log says only the improved Fob).

The sad thing is, i believed you until i got the 'just kidding' part.

Blitzhex

GTA5 used to cost $46 converted at the UAE store with the regional currency change. They just changed the price to $67 converted :/ Discs at local shops are cheaper than steam now. I'd rather go back to paying USD again.

zkylon

zkylewd
This echoes my opinion so far. Im severely disappointed and dont really have fun with it, but i keep coming back for some reason.

I'll probably pour around 80 hours into the game and ask myself later "God, why? That could've been at least 40 unsuccessful dates!" like i did with skyrim.

well i think i dropped skyrim at 20hrs so i'm closing in to the giving-up-threshold

but yeah, not a game i would recommend to people wanting something more than a timewaster

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom