• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

paHpIiC8A9w.jpg

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/667068759190994945

Let it never be said that the internet doesn't deliver

Eggman's 'stache is fake though

Arthea

I don't have much time, but I did read some of previous posts, and as it saves me some money and helps to battle my lack of self control when concerning big sales, I should be happy about this, but I am not, paradox

as for Talos, you can't blame bias on me, I like almost all puzzle games if they are half good and puzzley, Talos does nothing for me, it doesn't even feel a puzzle game for some reason. It's certainly not as good as people say it is, if anything I think even Kairo is better and it is a way more cryptic and less gamey.

Drakhyrr

I really won't like it if they take out daily deals.

Steam sales were like playing a game in itself, even without that clicking game or the much better things they had years ago.

It was a game of decision, with your limited money and never knowing what would come the next day. Should I buy this now? Should I wait to see what will come tomorrow? Damn, what about that other game, it's going to be over in a few minutes! The emotion! Threads in every forum alight for the entire duration of the sale, all spotlights pointing to Steam, day and night.

If dailies stop, all that will have to be done is a complete run through the Steam catalog, collecting good games with good discounts, putting it all in a spreadsheet and making a final selection. People will talk about it for 3 or 4 days, buy everything they want and move on. Boring.

Lain

I wonder how well these statues hold up in value.

I would pick up the Collector's Edition solely for the sexy Steel Case and art book.

2962898-collector.jpg

Considering how many of the statues bundled with CE end up being of really low quality, I'd guess they don't really retain much value.

I would pick up the Collector's Edition solely for the sexy Steel Case and art book.

Hopefully there will be a mid tier collector's or limited edition which has a steelbook and/or artbook and no extra junk. I pre-ordered the Bloodborne GOTY limited edition which has an artbook and soundtrack included even though I don't actually own a PS4 yet. Can't decide if genius or dumbass.

Grief.exe

500$ or your regional equivalent.... I'm a sucker for CEs but cmon...

The one pictured is actually ~$130.

This one is ~$500

XX1lM5UWSCme.jpg

Considering how many of the statues bundled with CE end up being of really low quality, I'd guess they don't really retain much value.

This is actually a very good point.

Hopefully there will be a mid tier collector's or limited edition which has a steelbook and/or artbook and no extra junk.

They have always released a standalone Steelbook edition in the past, hopefully they continue with that trend.

The only problem is, Namco has never seen fit to release that version in the US.

You sure you don't want it for the sweet iron on patches?

Get out my sweet letter jacket for those.

Looks like the transition from USD to CLP went kinda bad in Chile.

I was checking the store and some games are more expensive than before. Also, for some reason they can't buy Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls games anymore. Proably happends with other games too.

in general, the new latin american currencies have around the same prices of the euro , whatever, we still have nuuvem .

Dr Dogg

2962898-collector.jpg

Or don't buy it if you're just after an artbook and SteelBook/Metalpak/ whatevercheapknockofftheyuserforII case. Much better options are usually availalbe and cheaper too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/4047280259/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1927925568/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Although I think you've missed the boat on DS' Design Works unless Udon do a reprint as the English version is going for $170 on Amazon. But I've got every artbook game edition of 1 and the full fat book has way more stuff including design insite and interviews with Miyazaki in there.

Momentary

Banned
Most people I know never waited on dailies and didn't care about or understand that games got deeper discounts. They just bought the games during sales because they were featured.

I like that they are doing it this instead of having to worry about whether checking the store page every so often just to make sure I didn't miss out on a deal.

I definitely approve of this new method.

Parsnip

How come that statues is part of most collector editions? Aren't there anything else that could be a collector's item?

Metal Gear had a robot arm, Fallout had a pipboy. Some CoD games have had weird things like NV goggles and I think one had an RC car.

Jawmuncher

Most people I know never waited on dailies and didn't care about or understand that games got deeper discounts. They just bought the games during sales because they were featured.

I like that they are doing it this instead of having to worry about whether checking the store page every so often just to make sure I didn't miss out on a deal.

I definitely approve of this new method.

You have to look at the bigger picture. This means less steeper discounts.

zkylon

zkylewd
i need to restore my sleep schedule

i'm like playing fallout until like 3 am and realizing i hate it so i must do something not to waste my day. so i watch like two eps of izombie and then someone talks to me on steam and suddenly it's 5.30 and i did a again

i need to let go of fallout 4

all those sweet vault boys, i'm sorry

i'm so sorry

It's fucking terrible. Nobody will put their hot new games in deep discounts for two weeks.

Also terrible for the indie devs that used to make a break thanks to daily/flash exposure.

well there's still gonna be rotating featured games, tho no flash means less exposure for some games, sure

Jawmuncher

i need to restore my sleep schedule

i'm like playing fallout until like 3 am and realizing i hate it so i must do something not to waste my day. so i watch like two eps of izombie and then someone talks to me on steam and suddenly it's 5.30 and i did a again

i need to let go of fallout 4

all those sweet vault boys, i'm sorry

i'm so sorry

well there's still gonna be rotating featured games, tho no flash means less exposure for some games, sure

The rotated games are going to have the same price for the entirety of the sale. So being featured doesn't really mean much now. Since as even this thread has said, most are just gonna check their wish list and call it done, since nothing is changing.

The rotated games are going to have the same price for the entirety of the sale. So being featured doesn't really mean much now. Since as even this thread has said, most are just gonna check their wish list and call it done, since nothing is changing.

I prefer reading lashman and turfster's posts to find what's on sale though.

zkylon

zkylewd
the problem is that there's little reason to visit every day so you don't get to see the rotating featured list, i don't think the prices matter so much since these games weren't on your wishlist in the first place

we'll see, i don't think that'll be that much of a problem (for exposure, we're for sure getting games not as cheap), i just think the sale will be less fun in general

Parsnip

The new Steam sale stuff is clearly designed for the more casual Steam audience who probably won't venture too deep into the site outside of the frontpage. Being featured on the frontpage even with the same discount is still more exposure towards that audience.

And that audience is much larger than us.

Maybe they are increasing featured slots from previous years too or something.

Pfft! Small time compared to these.

Haha, forgot about those.

Annubis

The new Steam sale stuff is clearly designed for the more casual Steam audience who probably won't venture too deep into the site outside of the frontpage. Being featured on the frontpage even with the same discount is still more exposure towards that audience.

And that audience is much larger than us.

But that audience buys 99% less stuff than us =/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
But that audience buys 99% less stuff than us =/

I think to a certain degree Valve knows that a lot of us own most of the "popular" games that will be going on sale. They also know we'll scavenge the site like crazy looking for the best deals, whereas the casual Steam user will hit the front page and probably not much else. So in a way it kinda makes sense.

Which is exactly why you would want to target that audience, there's so much more room to grow there.
We already buy most things as it is, there's only so much more they can get from us.

but but I still have to get Dragonball, Zombie Army Trilogy, Hand of Fate and Hyperdimension Neptunia 3

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GeForce Game Ready Driver

Version: 359.00 WHQL
Release Date: 2015.11.19

Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you’ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for AssSsssss and Overwatch: Beta

GameWorks VR 1.0 Support
Driver support for GameWorks VR 1.0, including Multi-Res shading and Windows 10 support. Learn more at developer.nvidia.com/vr.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
And that diminishes its value, how? Movies for $10 give 1 - 2hrs usually of entertainment while Dark Souls for $60 will easily give 20hrs and more.

That's all well and good - but I'm with Reality here, what makes someone want to spend $500 on a game? That statue is like 1ft tall, and probably not that well made.

FloatOn

And that diminishes its value, how? Movies for $10 give 1 - 2hrs usually of entertainment while Dark Souls for $60 will easily give 20hrs and more.

I get that. I think spending obscene amounts of money on any one form of entertainment is gluttony

diversify people

That's all well and good - but I'm with Reality here, what makes someone want to spend $500 on a game? That statue is like 1ft tall, and probably not that well made.

also this

I think the people who spend $500 on a video game don't value that $500 the same way the rest of us might. For some people even $60 is a lot to spend on a video game while others will buy at that price without ever thinking twice about it.

In general though I wouldn't judge anyone for spending what they want on a hobby or product they really want. We've all spent money in utterly frivolous ways in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom