• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows if every Game that has SteamVR (listed in the library) already works on the Vive?

Somehow this is how this reads:

http://www.roadtovr.com/elitedangerous-horizons-1-5-beta-brings-htc-vive-improved-rift-support/

“We’re also continuing to further improve the VR experience. HTC Vive and Steam VR support will be added to both the 1.5 and Horizons Beta as well as various bug fixes and tweaks. We’re continuing to work with Occulus, and will let you know as soon as there is any conclusion.”

So I might wonder that every game that shows up there already works with the Vive.

Anybody find the Xbone wireless controller adapter for cheaper than $20? Newegg has it for that with promo code EMCKKNV236 but tax and shipping put it back up to $25 anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Assassin's Creed Rogue well optimized? It seems like all of the AC games after Revelations have been hit or miss. Mostly miss

Yeah, it runs fine:

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Rogue-test-acr_1920.jpg

Kanokare

Oh God, pics? I think I'll just list them off.

Namco Arcade Stick PS1 x2
Tekken 6 Wireless PS3+360
MadCatz KE PS3 x2
MadCatz TE PS3+360
HRAP EX SE 360
GG Xrd PS4
HRAP4 PS4
Tekken 5 stick PS2
MadCatz SE modded PS3
Killer Instinct Xbone
Chun-li TE2 PS4
MadCatz TvC stick Wii x2

There's probably more, but hopefully you can all see why I don't want to take a picture of them all lined up.

Noice. I want more. A man can never have too many arcade sticks.

Anybody find the Xbone wireless controller adapter for cheaper than $20? Newegg has it for that with promo code EMCKKNV236 but tax and shipping put it back up to $25 anyway.

hey if you can find the xbox one controller for cheaper than $40 let me know. any promo code too. that code dont work for controller right?

Flandy

Yeah, 3's a different story:

ac3%201680.png

(The 1080p benchmark image is broken.)
What's funny is I would change the settings from 1080p to 600p or whatever the lowest resolution was and the frame rate still wouldn't budge. This lead me to believe I was bottlenecked by my cpu. Then I got my 970 and I was suddenly getting 60fps in Boston so I have no idea what the fuck was going on with that game

Momentary

Banned
Oh God, pics? I think I'll just list them off.

Namco Arcade Stick PS1 x2
Tekken 6 Wireless PS3+360
MadCatz KE PS3 x2
MadCatz TE PS3+360
HRAP EX SE 360
GG Xrd PS4
HRAP4 PS4
Tekken 5 stick PS2
MadCatz SE modded PS3
Killer Instinct Xbone
Chun-li TE2 PS4
MadCatz TvC stick Wii x2

There's probably more, but hopefully you can all see why I don't want to take a picture of them all lined up.

Damn!

I've got the:
PS1 Namco *
MAS Super Pro *
Dreamcast Stick *
Tekken 5 Hori Stick *
Tekken 6 Hori Stick for 360 *
MadCatz SFIV standard Stick (Stock, worst stick I've ever owned. Modded it to be awesome. It needs to be re-cabled. and the connector for the stick keeps coming off after repeated play due to cheapness. Is there someone I can send this in to to have cables replaced?)

Main Sticks:
Shadaloo Arcade Stick with Original PS360 PCB
And I've got the one to rule them all coming soon. My Giantsword Raven GS-R with PS3/PS4/PC compatibility. It's been a few weeks since I ordered, but the owner has kept me updated every step of the way and his work is out-freaking-standing.

*Sticks in storage probably never to be seen again. The MadCatz Stick is probably on its way there too.

I had an OG TE stick, but I sold it to a friend before moving.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, after doing absolutely everything there is to do in Assassin's Creed Syndicate (besides a few random tasks on missions, I'm at 97% sync) I think I might try diving back into some of the series older titles.

giphy.gif

Well, after doing absolutely everything there is to do in Assassin's Creed Syndicate (besides a few random tasks on missions, I'm at 97% sync) I think I might try diving back into some of the series older titles.

giphy.gif

RIP Jshacky.

People begging for Firefox updates of ES and trying to do the 2 billion things in previous AC games.

Tizoc

giphy.gif

Shackles I got the cure for you
It's called Kero Blaster
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292500/
It's a GotY contender and the best shooting game I played all year.

You play as a Frog whose job is to blow things up, and he does it using a LASER GUN, and then he gets JETPACK and a cool JACKET and then a FLAME THROWER.
You get to kill things with a LASER GUN or FLAME THROWER while wearing a JETPACK and a cool JACKET. AS A FROG DOING HIS JOB.

What more can you want shacky my man? Get in on dat 2D shooting goodness bruv, you'll thank me later.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
tis-100 is scratching an itch something FIERCE. Thanks mrklaw for the gift. I am on level 14.

Only Wok and SteveWinwood have played this on my friends list. This is not acceptable.

Attention Citizens of Earth: TIS-100 is a game where you boot up an old text-based computer and it is corrupted so you need to program programs on it in an assembly language. It is by the makers of SpaceChem, and it is very much like SpaceChem, in that you have to think algorithmically to assemble solutions. But it is harder imho, and the theme resonates a lot more with me. Each level is a different program, but levels also rank you by number of lines of code and number of operating cycles it took to run the program, so going back to improve efficiency is part of the game.

I seriously recommend this to any programmer. If you're not a programmer but you liked SpaceChem, jump in as well.

Salsa

tis-100 is scratching an itch something FIERCE. Thanks mrklaw for the gift. I am on level 14.

Only Wok and SteveWinwood have played this on my friends list. This is not acceptable.

Attention Citizens of Earth: TIS-100 is a game where you boot up an old text-based computer and it is corrupted so you need to program programs on it in an assembly language. It is by the makers of SpaceChem, and it is very much like SpaceChem, in that you have to think algorithmically to assemble solutions. But it is harder imho, and the theme resonates a lot more with me. Each level is a different program, but levels also rank you by number of lines of code and number of operating cycles it took to run the program, so going back to improve efficiency is part of the game.

I seriously recommend this to any programmer. If you're not a programmer but you liked SpaceChem, jump in as well.

if I "play" this every week day do I get a check by the end of the month

might grab

Anteater

Yep, this got me excited. Reminds a whole lot of Dark Souls visually - which is just awesome. Man, can't wait to get lost for dozens upon dozens of hours in the huge world, exploring every nook and cranny. Makes me happy to have the same joy of exploring the unknown like a first-ever DS run.
Think I'll do a fighter on my first run. Want to mount big creatures.

I'd suggest trying different classes, you max out a class quick and the basic classes aren't really that deep to last through the entire game, plus some of fighter's abilities carry over to other advance/hybrid class. I did fighter on my first run and it got boring towards the end, but had a lot more fun just switching and trying out different classes and abilities.

Salsa

don't forget kids: Life is Strange had the worst ending of the year

retroactively turned into shit an otherwise alright game

tis hype is misplaced I tell ya

but worth experiencing I guess

Shackles I got the cure for you
It's called Kero Blaster
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292500/
It's a GotY contender and the best shooting game I played all year.

You play as a Frog whose job is to blow things up, and he does it using a LASER GUN, and then he gets JETPACK and a cool JACKET and then a FLAME THROWER.
You get to kill things with a LASER GUN or FLAME THROWER while wearing a JETPACK and a cool JACKET. AS A FROG DOING HIS JOB.

What more can you want shacky my man? Get in on dat 2D shooting goodness bruv, you'll thank me later.
Also:

The best kind of demo... a game on their own.

Tizoc

I've played a lot of games where the ending was unsatisfying, but the journey or major bulk of the game is worth playing through and experiencing.

Stop thinking in terms of going from A to B and just enjoy the JOURNEY inbetween A to B.

I'd still replay LiS S1 despite the ending.

I've played a lot of games where the ending was unsatisfying, but the journey or major bulk of the game is worth playing through and experiencing.

Stop thinking in terms of going from A to B and just enjoy the JOURNEY inbetween A to B.

I'd still replay LiS S1 despite the ending.

Y'all are crazy. The ending is so fitting.

I'll wander over to the spoiler thread some time and explain why it's so good... or die trying.

Tizoc

Y'all are crazy. The ending is so fitting.

I'll wander over to the spoiler thread some time and explain why it's so good... or die trying.

As is I'm indifferent towards the ending, but then I remember the journey and all the stuff you do in previous episodes and I still like the game overall.

Knurek

I wish Zach would just stick to a well know assembly, instead of inventing his own.

Like, either Real mode x86 (because we all know Protected mode makes grown men cry) or 68k.
Do I really want to learn a fake programming language?
Getting the game once it's 75% off

Flandy

I just got a text from on phone informing me of "local sluts" in my area followed by a link to some Russian website. I'm scared ._.

Momentary

Banned
How is that game btw? I am rather tempted to pick it up atm but with Winter Seal ina couple of weeks I wanna see if it gets discounted by then.

Thanks for the heads up though, gonna go claim the codes and hopefully I can redeem by January :X

It runs and plays great. I love the combo system. Seems like what Dragon Ball Xenoverse Should have been like.

Sober

I think it fell in line with the rest of the game. That and you'll never make everyone happy.

If you write in a single ending, you'll have people wonder why you couldn't affect the ending, especially when there's more mechanical involvement in this game (time travel) than say in something like The Walking Dead which had a single fixed ending and no real choice associated with it.

I think overall the game did make good with its final choice however you cut it. I don't think it's fair to say it undercuts the entirety of the experience beforehand because I would argue that in order to make "the final choice" at the end of the game, it was a culmination of everything you had done and how you personally interpreted the events of the games and characters. It certainly did more of that than Mass Effect 3's ending did, if we're gonna rake a game's ending over the coals, because ME3 arguably tries to do both a fixed ending and tries to incorporate player choice into it, but does it very poorly because it's a choice where you aren't given much to go on. Even Human Revolution's push-button-for-ending sequence wasn't as bad because the game built up to your choice through gameplay, narrative and theme to influence your (initial) choice. Or at least that was the intent.

I would argue people who think the choice in the LiS finale is a whole lotta bupkiss probably should consider the Telltale-style of adventure game never really was as heavily influenced by CYOA books as you would think, because the player rarely affects major plot events enough for anything to drastically change. All that's changing is the player's perception and interpretation of events and characters that unfold in front of them, and whatever interpretation that player holds, it feeds back to the game when the make particular choices when asked, and so on.

I do think re: the LiS Season 1 finale that there is room for critique regarding the amount of 'epilogue' stuff you receive for each choice or if they were really that considered, but I dunno, maybe someone will argue differently. I just don't think the 'choose your ending' was really that bad at all because its intent is to have the player decide what they think is best from an aggregate of experiences from the first episode down to the last choice; it's not some blind, out of left field choice that isn't explained to you until you do it. It's very clear what your choice is and your choice is (or should be) a culmination of everything you could learn in all the time you spent with the game beforehand.

Uraizen

Banned
Noice. I want more. A man can never have too many arcade sticks.

Thanks to black friday I have spare PCBs of random controllers now. So the TvC sticks are probably getting modded. My PS4's R1 button sticks, my Xbone controller feels like it's going to snap when I grip it, and my 360 controller broke thanks to the parry in MGR. Now it can't decide whether it's being pushed up or not. All PCBs I can now recycle for a stick when KI and SFV drop as well as use on my consoles. Despite all this, I'll probably drop more money on another stick if blazblue gets a good one.

Damn!

I've got the:
PS1 Namco *
MAS Super Pro *
Dreamcast Stick *
Tekken 5 Hori Stick *
Tekken 6 Hori Stick for 360 *
MadCatz SFIV standard Stick (Stock, worst stick I've ever owned. Modded it to be awesome. It needs to be re-cabled. and the connector for the stick keeps coming off after repeated play due to cheapness. Is there someone I can send this in to to have cables replaced?)

Main Sticks:
Shadaloo Arcade Stick with Original PS360 PCB
And I've got the one to rule them all coming soon. My Giantsword Raven GS-R with PS3/PS4/PC compatibility. It's been a few weeks since I ordered, but the owner has kept me updated every step of the way and his work is out-freaking-standing.

*Sticks in storage probably never to be seen again. The MadCatz Stick is probably on its way there too.

I had an OG TE stick, but I sold it to a friend before moving.

MadCatz stock SE was worse than the T6 Hori for you? God damn, the stock SE was a godsend compared to the T6 for me.

---

Not sure what both of you use your sticks for on PC. I sometimes use my HRAP EX SE for shmups if I really want to marathon one, but I tend to stick to my original 360 TE for everything else. It's just so damned comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom