• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Just noticed the background of the Steam sale:

DhzHN9H.png

Even they are saying Steam sales are now a relic of the past.

Dsyndrome

Got the Star Wars Blurays off Amazon since my wife said she'd watch them. Score!

What stuff's gotten a bigger discount as the explorer sale's gone on? Haven't been keeping up too much.

S1n1st3r

Banned
Steam sale was too much work for Valve employees, they wanted to spend time with their families over the holidays.

But was'nt it pretty much automated?

Like devs/pubs submitted a bunch of discount percentages of general/flash/daily discounts ahead of time and they were applied as needed when the games were on flash/daily.

dex3108

But was'nt it pretty much automated?

Like devs/pubs submitted a bunch of discount percentages of general/flash/daily discounts ahead of time and they were applied as needed when the games were on flash/daily.

It is easier to work with 1 discount submitted by dev/publisher then with two xD

How good is Axiom Verge really, if one of my favorite games of all time is Super Metroid? Because while I have played a lot of Metroidvanias, I've not played many that are more Metroid and little to no Vania.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I cant believe Blops 3 is already 35$ at gmg. I havent even installed it and preordered for 45$. And i didnt even get nuketown. CoD always typically held their prices

Red Hood

Banned
Is there another voucher with a higher discount active at GMG? Usually their vouchers have 20/25% off, but this time "only" 10% (SAVE10-WTHGMG-GTBFCM).

Kadin

Anyone have suggestions on how to make KOTOR run as best as possible on W10 x64? I'm running 1680x1050 for my monitor (yeah I know it's not 1080p). I used to run some mod in the past but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was. Game is reinstalling right now so I've got time to look up any mods before it's ready.

Hektor

I cant believe Blops 3 is already 35$ at gmg. I havent even installed it and preordered for 45$. And i didnt even get nuketown. CoD always typically held their prices

Maybe this is finally a year of change for activision and we'll get discounts of 75% for the old entrys. Am i allowed to dream?

zkylon

zkylewd
nier's ost is the shit

port it to steam and I swear I'll buy it 3 times in my lifetime
i wouldn't buy the ost on steam but yeah, that soundtrack and the game are both amazing

You haven't heard of the Red Letter Media/Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars prequels? Guess you're one of the lucky 10,000!

(His Phantom Menace one is the best, but the others are good too.)
yeah i listened to it for a bit and it was kinda funny but i can't watch an hour and a half of that lol

Good. Good. I like you.

I own the OST 4 times.
that's crazy, why would you do that

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Mengy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mengy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-1D071304A7CF3E34 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 2 entrants total.

t1448738718z1.png

Dr Dogg

Thanks for the link. Game loaded up but want launch any game as it keeps crashing. Time to figure out what I did before to fix this issue.

I think on modern OSes and at high resolutions it's the intro movies that cause KOTOR to crash. There's a thread in the Steam Forums with a decent workaround but I know playing in windowed mode does fix it.

Edit: Here you go.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150685862

Kadin

I think on modern OSes and at high resolutions it's the intro movies that cause KOTOR to crash. There's a thread in the Steam Forums with a decent workaround but I know playing in windowed mode does fix it.
Thanks, yeah I'm reading in there right now. It doesn't crash when it first loads just when I try to load into any of the save files I had from my last install. The saves load about 3/4 then crash. Seems there's a lot of issues glancing in the discussions there. Should be fun trying to fix.

Awesome, ty!

zkylon

zkylewd
Collection purposes, gotta own all versions that exist. I also own all the books and mangas.
books and mangas i can understand, having multiple versions of the same thing seems stupid to me but i'm not a collection-type person, at least not in that kind of way

like, i like having stuff, i just don't have any rules about it. i have some random boxed games that i could find but i don't have final plan on having x era of gams in boxes or like i don't wanna have all the bowie cds even the japanese versions or anything like that

Doing Pinwheel on NG+ feels shockingly similar easy as in NG. Here the whole 50 second fight. Yes, seconds and I even messed up a little and could have halved the timer lol

Game still looks good but I don't get the hate DS2 got. It definitely looks a lot better in textures and models.
Textures were a significant step back in Dark Souls II, even when disregarding the downgrade debacle from their vertical slice reveal. You can easily discern how much detail is lost between 1 and 2 by looking at armor that exists in both games (like the Onion set or the Elite Knight gear), never mind the abysmal texture tiling (which someone else already mentioned) that frequently rears its ugly head. Actual visual improvements in Dark Souls II are few and far between; only the lighting and the special effects from spells stood out to me.

How good is Axiom Verge really, if one of my favorite games of all time is Super Metroid? Because while I have played a lot of Metroidvanias, I've not played many that are more Metroid and little to no Vania.
Axiom Verge is a bloated game. Far from bad and it's an incredible feat that only one or two guys covered every facet of its development, but the overall map design didn't feel refined enough and there's a lot of overlap with regards to available / unlockable weaponry. Still had good fun with it, but not without its glaring flaws.

rtcn63

I'm glad Bloodborne patched out the mostly black loading screens. I'd have had to keep looking away because I don't want to accidentally see any lit pixels on my monitor.

And the load times on the Wii are terrible. The disc-reading noise is burned into my auditory nerves.

The people at my local supermarket keep trying to talk to me. I'm a disheveled young adult who normally goes there in the middle of a weekday to spend .80 on canned soup, do I look like someone who you'd want to associate with?

Deitus

And sh*tposting will start in 3, 2, 1

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

Gamers: We want games with huge maps and no loading screens between regions!

Game with large map and without loading screens between regions is released but it has one long loading time.

Gamers: This game is shit and this is unacceptable!

I don't really know what everyone has been saying about this, and a gigantic open world isn't really a selling point for me beyond a certain point, but 3 and half minute load times every time you die or power on the game is a damn long time to sit around doing nothing. Hopefully it's much better on PC especially with an SSD.

dex3108

I don't really know what everyone has been saying about this, and a gigantic open world isn't really a selling point for me beyond a certain point, but 3 and half minute load times every time you die or power on the game is a damn long time to sit around doing nothing. Hopefully it's much better on PC especially with an SSD.

It is probably bug but Just Cause 3 world is huge so longer loading times are expected. Or we can have Fallout 4 situation where you hit loading screens after opening doors for any bigger building.

rtcn63

It is probably bug but Just Cause 3 world is huge so longer loading times are expected. Or we can have Fallout 4 situation where you hit loading screens after opening doors for any bigger building.

Imagine if Fallout had Resident Evil-style load screens.

Nzyme32

Thankfully from the PC footage, it doesn't seem all that bad. For a Just Cause game, the draw is almost entirely on the stupidly arcadey sandbox and the freedom of the large open world. I think it is one of the few games where the big open world staple is actually something of a necessity

MUnited83

For you.
And sh*tposting will start in 3, 2, 1

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

Gamers: We want games with huge maps and no loading screens between regions!

Game with large map and without loading screens between regions is released but it has one long loading time.

Gamers: This game is shit and this is unacceptable!
I dunno, the the outrage is warranted. 3:30 min for a death respawn is not excusable in the least. No game should ship with that kind of loading times . This is not "one long loading time ", this happens everytime you de. Which is the thing people are having issues with. 3:30 min for the initial loading when you boot the game is fine. 3:30 min on each death is not.

That said, its probably a bug and it will be patched out.

Hektor

Ludens

Banned

dex3108

I dunno, the the outrage is warranted. 3:30 min for a death respawn is not excusable in the least. No game should ship with that kind of loading times . This is not "one long loading time ", this happens everytime you de. Which is the thing people are having issues with. 3:30 min for the initial loading when you boot the game is fine. 3:30 min on each death is not.

That said, its probably a bug and it will be patched out.

I mean, we're talking 4 minutes here. That'd make be stop playing the game altogether.

Yeah but few stayed rational and said it is probably bug. They jumped right away. Mad Max is best comparison even though JC3 map is bigger and more dense then Wasteland. But even if loading times are actually around 1 minute I can expect complaints.

Phinor

As someone mentioned in that JC3 loading thread, I bet it's a case of the game trying to connect to servers to do something. Many games have similar problems, including MGS5 when playing single player but online.There was some game where even using menus was sluggish as hell, until you went offline and everything suddenly worked ten times faster.

It's not an excuse, I hate it when games try to connect to servers and I hate it even more when developers make the game wait until response and if there's no response, the timeout is like 1-2 minutes, or there might not be timeout at all. But still, I doubt JC3 on PS4 really has 3-4 minute load times at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom