• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

I know, but the way that Jaw said to get rid of the S made it sound like keeping it is grammatically correct. Maybe I just misunderstood him/her.

If it weren't for it being a nod to 'war never changes', the superfluous 's' would be intolerable - intolerable!

... no, even so, the S has to go! #firstworldgrammarproblems

Salsa

Dontnod X-Files game pls.

- Mulder are you really saying an Alien abduction was behind this? are you showing me your projector again? *dana rolls eyes*

- THIS GIRL WAS HELLA ABDUCTED IMMA GO CHECK WITH MY BROSEF DEEPTHROAT WOAAAH SUN FLOWER SEEDS

cue shitty shins song

id play this

Nabs

I must be the only person that didn't have problems with AK =/

50 hours played and I had one crash, that's it.
Season Pass is still utter garbage though.

You're not the only one. There's just not much you can say when things are running fine for you.

It ran relatively good for me after the 'interim patch'. Had a few CTDs, but the frame rate was more or less stable at 50-60 I think.

I have no intention of trying after the re-release though.

Game was still not good.

fo4_dogwalkingaroundwhileonfire.gif

....Is this an actual thing?

You know what? Make a thread stating you're gonna convince the reader/lurker that they'll go buy TiTS, and then just post these
Seriously how often do you get a game, an RPG series at that, that makes fun of empty treasure chests?

Wow, every one of those screens captures why I do not like Trails. Thanks Tizoc!

Deitus

Don't have a gif, but:

abMhAx1.png

Edit: Okay, found a gif
doge2zzsen.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

In one of the gameplay videos that are floating around, the player throws a grenade into a room and the dog calmly returns to said player despite being well on the way to an overcooked steak. Although rather embarrassing for a AAA game, it did get a good laugh out of me.

Nzyme32

fo4_dogwalkingaroundwhileonfire.gif

They say the dog can't be killed, but really that is the ultimate ruse for the gullible. They'll kill that animal off right when the player thinks they are safe... or the dog gets turned into a robot. Whatever

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They say the dog can't be killed, but really that is the ultimate ruse for the gullible. They'll kill that animal off right when the player thinks they are safe... or the dog gets turned into a robot. Whatever

I want to see a mod that changes the breed of the dog every time it manages to engulf itself in flames. If he runs away a German Shepherd and returns an Alaskan Malamute, I can give him the "Oh, you!" look.

Jawmuncher

Getting those good Steam Client Glitches. My entire chat window became transparent.
Cropped the box to protect the innocent.

untitled2u7jx5.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Caveman Craig -- MB-1F2EABD8E75BE516 - Taken by Purkake4

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I want to see a mod that changes the breed of the dog every time it manages to engulf itself in flames. If he runs away a German Shepherd and returns an Alaskan Malamute, I can give him the "Oh, you!" look.

I would change the face of the dog to Gary Busey
giphy.gif

Sober

I somehow got mostly lucky and didn't get a ton of stuttering (and not caring about rock solid 60fps and no super drastic batmobile stutter) despite only have a 2GB 770 but that does not excuse the shitty port and terrible scaling vs. hardware the game has. Especially when people with waaaay better PCs than me should be doing better.

Season pass was always meant to be garbage given the DLC history for Arkham games (CCH from WBM being the sole exception), which is probably why they didn't do challenge maps in the base game to force people to buy them.

oipic

Yeah, maybe its better to wait for the GOTY version.

I'm not so sure - looks to me like the perfect canine companion for tackling the post-apocalypse. I assume his shiny, healthy coat defences are fully levelled-up with fire proofing at the stage this video was captured. Let's not forget he's a future-dog, not a current-day one.

Getting those good Steam Client Glitches. My entire chat window became transparent.
Cropped the box to protect the innocent.

untitled2u7jx5.png
Not bad.

My favourite Steam Client glitch happens (very rarely) when alt-tabbing in a game to chat... causing everthing typed to come out
sdrawkcab

I somehow got mostly lucky and didn't get a ton of stuttering (and not caring about rock solid 60fps and no super drastic batmobile stutter) despite only have a 2GB 770 but that does not excuse the shitty port and terrible scaling vs. hardware the game has. Especially when people with waaaay better PCs than me should be doing better.

Season pass was always meant to be garbage given the DLC history for Arkham games (CCH from WBM being the sole exception), which is probably why they didn't do challenge maps in the base game to force people to buy them.

Agreed on all counts. Though I managed to get consistent 60fps indoors, I can can still recognize that it isn't where it should be, and that it's pretty random who it works okay for. Mind-boggling that the port could get screwed up as badly as it had.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Xbox One wireless PC adapter works like a charm

Plug and play on Windows 10

Finally -- Microsoft is releasing the wireless Xbox One adapter for PCs. After years of waiting I can finally eschew all of the wires that have been sitting in my desk drawer, or more specifically, four micro-USB cables to hook up four applicable controllers. The Xbox One controller really is, in my mind, the best remote of this generation, so I opt to use it more often than anything else, including the 360 pad.

After obtaining my unit I proceeded to plug it in, press the sync button, and I was good to go. This particular adapter works for up to four controllers per USB stick, and each remote synced up in roughly two seconds time. Additionally, I tested it out with an Xbox One Elite model, which also worked without issue. The stick itself is a tad bigger than I'd like it to be, but it's a much more form factor and snug design compared to the oval 360 wireless adapter.

I should note that it worked seamlessly due to Windows 10, and that prior platforms don't seem to be fully supported, including SteamOS and the Steam Link (even after a lengthy driver install, it didn't register on my Windows 8 machine). Oh, and Xbox 360 remotes aren't backward compatible either.

If you're interested in one, it's currently being sold for $24.99 nearly everywhere.

For anyone curious:

Early Access game; 75% user score, 321 votes.

The developer also responded:

I'm curious to see how many reviews are actually shed over this, if any at all.

Kyougar

Finished Tales from the Borderlands. I had a very good laugh out of this.

As far as rankings go, I'm a little undecided between best telltale game and second best. I think Walking Dead Season 1 edges out a bit because of the novelty at that time and Nostalgia bias.

So I would rank the tallTale games that I played like this:

1. Walking Dead Season 1
2. Tales from the Borderlands
3. Wolf among us.
4. Walking Dead Season 2
5. (Game of Thrones)

I didnt buy Minecraft Story Mode yet, but I saw a Lets Play of the first 2 Episodes. I really liked how they balanced the gamyfying of the TellTale Formula and the storyfying of sandbox Minecraft. As a former Player of minecraft it really was a good feeling seeing all the little injokes and gamedefining features of Minecraft crafted into the TellTale Formula.
Episode 1 was superb but Episode 2 kinda fell flat.

It could land between 3 to 5 on that list at the moment. Sadly it would take a huuuuuge turnaround for Game of Thrones (a Universe that I really like) to crawl out of its last place. i played 4 episodes and wait for Ep 6 to finish it. A sad state of affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom