• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry folks, have to cross-post here. Got no response from the avatar thread.
Kindly need help in cleaning this avi

image.php

In dark theme, there are ugly white lines :(

7ZNScvQ.png
Eh, top post. Something something video games.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Trackmania Turbo VR announced, will probably make you very sick

Ubisoft send word that Trackmania Turbo will be bringing its brand of loop-the-loop racing and impossi-tracks to VR when it releases next year, for both the Oculus Rift and Playstation VR platforms. The news arrives alongside a pair of trailers showing off the game's variety and how 360 degree vision will work. Given the nature of Trackmania as a super-fast, arcade-style racer with gross disregard for the laws of physics, I expect a few will lose their lunch when trying it with a headset.

First, some fancy YouTube tech lets you look around in this video by clicking and dragging, simulating moving your head in VR:

As a Trackmania Nations Forever veteran of more hours than I'd like to count, that still managed to give me a headache when moving it around. While I remain unconvinced that I'll be able to spend more than thirty seconds in VR without a migraine and empty stomach, Trackmania is the perfect game for it, with a first-person mode that strips away any UI elements or screen furniture, focusing purely on the rollercoaster ride. However, the angles are going to take some getting used to.

Nadeo have also released a developer diary from Creative Director François Allaux, talking about everything from different modes to the design of roadside signs. Top marks for the title pun too:

I'm quietly excited for Turbo, as Trackmania holds a special place in my heart as one of very few racing games I ever got into. It's not the Rollcage Stage 3 or Firebugs 2 my weapon-focused heart is dying for, but it does scratch an arcadey, constant-restart itch. It was always the master of decent keyboard controls too, managing to have subtlety of acceleration and steering despite just using the arrow keys. NB: it's possible I was just too young and stupid to notice how awfully it controlled. Ever gone back to Lego Racers? Don't.

Trackmania Turbo was recently delayed into 2016, so it'll be a bit longer until we get to enjoy the loopy highs and swoopy lows.

alpha protocol was NOT okay. game was terrible
It did have a good story which was not too realistic but also not too over the top. some characters were even really great. Really liked how choices in dialogues had consequences for future missions.

Animation, models and textures were not good though. Sadly so much as it took me out the game while playing. If it clicks, one will have a grand old time but for most the hurdles are just too much. Can't blame anyone for not enjoying the game.

Alpha Protocol set the standard for cinematic roleplaying dialog--a high bar, indeed.

Gameplay is a bit janky, but it has that ME1-styled goodness where the RPG part wins out over the action.

Weird... I think they mentioned this at E3, might've even been part of their conference. Either that or Giant Bomb talked about it.

If VR is as immersive as it seems, I can't imagine a traditional Trackmania game working. When you crash, you really crash. And you'll crash a lot.

Apparently game speed is tied to framerate, so if your PC can't hold 60FPS it'll run in slow motion.
Framerate-based game logic: not even once.

I'll never understand why they do this, especially in this era of re-releases. It'll only cause problems down the line.

Tizoc

soo , how sonic LW on PC ?
shit port ?

Being a SEGA game it's generally a good PC port and would run and look good.
The game itself is bland, and is more of a platformer than traditional Sonic style gameplay. It has a Run button for crying out loud.

dex3108

I just finished boss battle with Arkham Knight and only i can say is F you Rocksteady. I spend at least 30-45 minutes on that battle and instead of feeling that i accomplished something or fulfilled i feel relieved that it is over. That boss battle is simply bullshit and example of poorly designed boss battle.

Dr Dogg

I'm not sure what was worse, the Cloudburst Tank battle against the Arkham Knight or the
same fucking battle against Deathstroke

Tizoc

Da fuck ? Really ?

They tried to make it like 3D Mario platformer, but they sadly failed in implementing the main thing that 3D Mario platformers good/popular: They were fun.
Sonic LW's stage design philosophy seemed to be about designing stages with obstacles etc. that are intended to be tackled skillfully and with as quickly as possible to get the fastest time. They're just not fun to do them.

Like if the team had actually played Super Mario 3D Land AT LEAST they'd figure out why that game did well with the casual crowd: Stages are quick and simple and the difficulty builds up in later worlds.

You don't really need to have 30-40 stages like 3D Land did, just have enough to let the player go back and replay to do better in them, while still making it fun.

From a technical stand point, LW is good, but from gameplay stand point it leaves so so much to be desired.

Anyone know of any other zombie survival games similar to Zombie Survival in Gmod? I like the mode but buying all these texture packs is a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom