• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Finished Tales from the Borderlands. I had a very good laugh out of this.

As far as rankings go, I'm a little undecided between best telltale game and second best. I think Walking Dead Season 1 edges out a bit because of the novelty at that time and Nostalgia bias.

So I would rank the tallTale games that I played like this:

1. Walking Dead Season 1
2. Tales from the Borderlands
3. Wolf among us.
4. Walking Dead Season 2
5. (Game of Thrones)

Incidentally I just finished Tales 10 minutes ago and it has to be the surprise of the year for me especially compared to my own expectations (aside from Dirt Rally being released out of the blue, and an updated Eastside Hockey Manager being released out of the blue, and...). I know it technically started last year but it's a 2015 release for me. When they announced Tales from the Borderlands, I just laughed at how the mighty have fallen so quickly (Telltale). What a completely stupid idea AND I have zero interest in Borderlands anything.

However, ever since the release of the first episode people have been saying it's legit. Like, actually really good but I only dove in after the recent Telltale bundle deal at Humble and boy am I glad I did. As for your rankings, I'm going to repeat that list. Tales really should be number 1 (!!!) but TWD1 did it all first and at the time, it was completely unique experience.

Now to look into this thing called Life is Strange, I might have heard about this game A FEW TIMES while reading these Steam threads...

Op402aS.gif

Sober

Yeah, the main problem still persist though.
I hope it won't be too bad in later (and more important) decisions making.
As if the majority of people actually play Fallout games anymore for the intricate roleplaying anymore.

And as if Obsidian would ever be allowed to do a Fallout game even if they made an exception to work on other people's IPs and Bethesda let them short of backing a dump truck of cash onto their offices.

Nothing of value was lost compared to what most people want out of a Bethesda game, and Bethesda knows that.

There are better actual role-playing games out there. At this point FO4 feels more like a step closer to Minecraft than say Wasteland 2.

Tizoc

Incidentally I just finished Tales 10 minutes ago and it has to be the surprise of the year for me especially compared to my own expectations (aside from Dirt Rally being released out of the blue, and an updated Eastside Hockey Manager being released out of the blue, and...). I know it technically started last year but it's a 2015 release for me. When they announced Tales from the Borderlands, I just laughed at how the mighty have fallen so quickly (Telltale). What a completely stupid idea AND I have zero interest in Borderlands anything.

However, ever since the release of the first episode people have been saying it's legit. Like, actually really good but I only dove in after the recent Telltale bundle deal at Humble and boy am I glad I did. As for your rankings, I'm going to repeat that list. Tales really should be number 1 (!!!) but TWD1 did it all first and at the time, it was completely unique experience.

Now to look into this thing called Life is Strange, I might have heard about this game A FEW TIMES while reading these Steam threads...

I heard it's hella good, for cereal!

Still prefer this one, though I've no idea what she's doing:

Ip0jqHQ.gif

This is the correct takeaway after completing Tales From the Borderlands.

There was one SteamGAFfer that didn't like it. I do declare his insanity.

Who was that junior who used to post really weird, almost comprehensible things between gifs of sexy dancing ladies?
7TjInDX.gif

He was banned eventually for other reasons

Grief.exe

Banished on weeklong deal this week for $5. Cute little game worth picking up for that price.

Banished has a difficult learning curve when you first get started, but once you learn how to optimize your progression it really does become quite relaxing.

Makes for an excellent winter game. Grab a cup of coffee, put on a good album, and just enjoy the atmosphere as you grow your village.

Guys, Is Double Dragon Neon any good? its $0.99 right now

No. Contrary to all positive reviews which would show up on the game's steam page, metacritic, or any various other gaming media sites... the game is trash. Do not waste your dollar.

Do you still need Far Cry 3 for Double Dragon Neon?

Holy shit, I've been thinking that DDN and Blood Dragon were the same thing this entire time. Dang.

Derp. ;)

Nope and it's called Blood Dragon :)

At least you figured out what the hell he was talking about... :3

Volimar

I'm going to die to so many deathclaws because of slow mo VATS. It's a good change, but I can't count how often I barely entered VATS right before getting bitch slapped.

Is there no AP system in FO4's VATS? I recall some sort of gauge that let you shoot multiple times in New Vegas' VATs, but don't see anything in the gif.
fucking god damn point blank headshot misses

is this fucking XCOM?

He aimed for the head, but failed to switch and shoot the door. So, no.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
fucking god damn point blank headshot misses

is this fucking XCOM?

I've had this happen more times than I can count in Fallout 3 / New Vegas. There's nothing new to see here besides the slow-mo during VATS (which I personally think is kinda cool) and the mysterious Paul Revere character leaning at a 45 degree angle at the beginning of that shot

Energy weapons look really fun. Weapon models and lighting are good, too.

Not sure how fun the big world will be but so far game checks out.

Nyoro SF

i want valve to fix steam

Adjusted

Pretty much everything regarding the desktop UI of steam and its implementation as software is half-assed junk. Navigating anything of worth from screenshots to the market to the activity feed to menus is just a clunky nightmare, there's no flair or polish given to any presentation whatsoever or any time given to sane usability.

If it wasn't for Enhanced Steam I wouldn't go on Steam nearly as much as I do now.

Banished has a difficult learning curve when you first get started, but once you learn how to optimize your progression it really does become quite relaxing.

Makes for an excellent winter game. Grab a cup of coffee, put on a good album, and just enjoy the atmosphere as you grow your village.

Definitely. I only got a couple hours in at most so far, but it's certainly a game I could curl up with on a snowy winter day.

i want valve to fix steam achievements

they're so plain and boring to get

where's my nice little pop up that doesn't look half assed?

where's my satisfying sound effect?

In WoW I don't really care about the cumulative number, but that's because some individual and meta achievements give tangible rewards. With Steam though, they're just sort of there and there's no incentive at all without smaller rewards or an overarching score.

Definitely could use a revamp.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
BTW, Been playing this new F2P (and I mean it's free, no transaction, nothing.. actually free) space game called Endless Sky.

Pretty fun top down 2D space trading/combat/etc. There's a story as well.. pretty damn well done so far.. it's probably an old game, but I'm not sure.. just saw it the other day and it released on Steam Oct 30th.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/404410

check it out, because well it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom