• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Assassins Creed Unity is the first game I legitimately want to buy and play almost solely because it looks so beautiful.

All these screenshots on my feed are killing me.

Would you like to use my uPlay account? I never played through the game entirely, but it's on there.

Unity is such a mess technically that it'd be safer than buying it and finding out you can't run it

Khronico

Would you like to use my uPlay account? I never played through the game entirely, but it's on there.

Unity is such a mess technically that it'd be safer than buying it and finding out you can't run it

Oh my! I wouldn't mind that at all.

According to videos on youtube I could run it fine with medium settings on my alpha.

75% is dead now for "AAA" game

welcome your 66% overlord

No stop.

I can't deal with this new dark steam deal future.

Oh my! I wouldn't mind that at all.

According to videos on youtube I could run it fine with medium settings on my alpha.

No stop.

I can't deal with this new dark steam deal future.

Woops, I have to retract my offer. Completely forgot my uPlay account has all my personal information plastered on it, lol

Sorry man

AC Unity and Far Cry 4 are games I'd like to try the PC version of but not at $20+. Will see if they get good prices in the next couple months during sales.

I got Far Cry 4 for $20 around launch thanks to those Samsung SSD codes. I wouldn't mind trying Unity out but I imagine it will perform like hot garbage so I wouldn't pay much for it.

Khronico

Woops, I have to retract my offer. Completely forgot my uPlay account has all my personal information plastered on it, lol

Sorry man

No worries, I can wait for the inevitable assassins creed sale.

In the meantime I'll try and get back into asscreed revelaitons and maybe finish it.

Is... 3 even worth trying to play? The era intrigues me but the talk of a super slow, long tutorial kinda makes me wary.

Sch1sm

No worries, I can wait for the inevitable assassins creed sale.

In the meantime I'll try and get back into asscreed revelaitons and maybe finish it.

Is... 3 even worth trying to play? The era intrigues me but the talk of a super slow, long tutorial kinda makes me wary.

3 is a travesty. Revelations I found hard to get into at first, but came to enjoy. It's ranked above 3, but below the first game, IV, and the rest of the Ezio trilogy for me.

Didn't Black Flag go for 75% a few sales back?
It'll go for 75% again eventually.

It was 75% during the summer, iirc.

Sarcasm

Anyone buy and enjoying Dragon Fin Soup?

Just started playing it on my vita while in class. So far I like it but I am about like ten minutes in.
8fjuf.jpg

Khronico

3 is a travesty. Revelations I found hard to get into at first, but came to enjoy. It's ranked above 3, but below the first game, IV, and the rest of the Ezio trilogy for me.

Hmm. Maybe I'll pass on getting 3 in the future then.

obligatory ac rankings
1. AC1
2. AC:B
3. AC4
4. AC2
5. Freedom Cry
6. Haven't completed any others

Edward Kenway is the most interesting AC protag aside from Ezio

Sch1sm

You got your 75% off for Mordor and Dying Light when the game 5 year old homie.

I bought Mordor for a friend for $16 on Bundlestars. One day. I can dream.

Hmm. Maybe I'll pass on getting 3 in the future then.

obligatory ac rankings
1. AC1
2. AC:B
3. AC4
4. AC2
5. Freedom Cry
6. Haven't completed any others

Edward Kenway is the most interesting AC protag aside from Ezio

My rankings are pretty much exactly the same, except
Revelations takes the #5 spot instead of Freedom Cry since I never played it, and 3 takes #6.

The past 2 months i'm playing the whole assassins creed series. Mostly for the first time. I'm on 3 right now and really like it. I think would rank them this way:

AC 2
AC Revelations
AC 3
AC Brotherhood
AC

Lomax

You got your 75% off for Mordor and Dying Light when the game 5 year old homie.

Mordor has been sitting at 70% off on Bundlestars for months now, and it's WB, it won't be long (plus it got a base price reduction). I'm actually a lot more surprised that Mortal Kombat X hasn't had more discounts.

Lomax

black ops 3 sure has a lot of content, puts star wars to shame and watch star wars sell more too.

It would take BO3 selling dramatically less than normal and SW dramatically over-performing for that to happen. It's easy to forget just how much bigger Call of Duty is than everything else (other than GTA).

Sch1sm

The past 2 months i'm playing the whole assassins creed series. Mostly for the first time. I'm on 3 right now and really like it. I think would rank them this way:

AC 2
AC Revelations
AC 3
AC Brotherhood
AC

Did the original lose that many points just because you can't swim? Kek. Just kidding. It's pretty much the best or the most hated for people. Maybe I just remember it better than it is, but I replayed a few times and it stayed there. I think I just enjoyed the time period more, and the Al Mualim twist. That's just me, though.

To this day I still don't know where to put Unity. It's been months.

Jawmuncher

I beat AC1,2, and Brotherhood. Barely even remember them so that speaks volumes on the impression they left. Still have 3 in my steam library and plan to play it at some point. Still want that WW2 AC game though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 -- MB-41BC0001B394E6E1 - Taken by Deques. 20 entrants total.

t1446611036z1.png

It would take BO3 selling dramatically less than normal and SW dramatically over-performing for that to happen. It's easy to forget just how much bigger Call of Duty is than everything else (other than GTA).
I fully expect star wars to sell like hot cakes regardless of quality just cause of star wars thirst
What's the average sale numbers of COD games?
I think it'll be pretty close.
Honestly idk, i think each cod has been selling less than the last with each passing year tho, or maybe its the other way around?

Teeth

Assassin's Creed took a major hit when they removed the code-breaking stuff.

Suddenly, there was zero reason to explore or climb anything.

:V
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-EA7E4A7797E211A3 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.

t1446618719z1.png

Teeth

I fully expect star wars to sell like hot cakes regardless of quality just cause of star wars thirst

Honestly idk, i think each cod has been selling less than the last with each passing year tho, or maybe its the other way around?

I think the peak was Black Ops 2. Ghosts was down and Advanced Warfare is supposedly down a bunch.

I believe Blops 3 will sell better than AW but worse than Blops 2. Probably around Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom