• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Abyss Odyssey -- MB-8B9359133199C225 - Taken by salazar547. 4 entrants total.
Contagion -- MB-77036F6FE7328C80 - Taken by pantsattack. 1 entrants total.

t1446608999z1.png

take them

So. About the chinese prices.

Even Activision lowered their prices. MW 3 is like 15$ here, the others like 10$.
Bethesda has special prices (like Fallout 4 is like 28$).
Segas Prices seem lowered.
Square Enix has good prices. Just Cause 3 about 20$.
2K has good ones.

Ubisoft.. Seems they didnt do much. At least their new titles are about 50$.
Bandai Namco also has normal prices.

Even Activision lowered their prices. MW 3 is like 15$ here, the others like 10$.
2K has good ones.

Ubisoft is slightly cheaper, SE and Acti are on par or more expensive than original prices in Taiwan.

Horrible.

Adnor

Banned
Has Valve said when will they accept Chilean Pesos? I remember that they said earlier this year that it would be one of the new currencies but it wasn't added today. Also, in the countries that have changed currencies, do they still only accept payment from a credit card and PayPal or do they add new methods of payment from those countries?

creamsugar

2K has good ones.

It seems Ubisoft will adjust price later.
http://weibo.com/1928890987/D2gU15IPK

Has Valve said when will they accept Chilean Pesos? I remember that they said earlier this year that it would be one of the new currencies but it wasn't added today. Also, in the countries that have changed currencies, do they still only accept payment from a credit card and PayPal or do they add new methods of payment from those countries?

From my experience with Indonesian currency change back then, yes, they still do.
You can still buy games with cc, even debit card now (thanks, Gaben). You can also still buy and redeem $ steam wallet card and steam will automatically convert it to your currency.

Looking at Fallout 4 steamdb page, I found that Malaysia price got a cut last month, from RM 220 to RM 190. What happen to the early buyers in that case? Will they get a change, or should they refund and re-buy the game?
https://steamdb.info/app/377160/

Edit: and apparently, someone is currently playing the game as we speak.

If what I read on local forum is correct, Taiwan and Hong Kong are grouped together in ACRTAG region, but AAA games aren't even cheaper what the fuck!

Rizzi

I finally finished sorting all 438 games I own on steam in to genre categories.
Now to go back to never playing any of them.

Tizoc

Just popped in my copy of resonance of fate PS3 because I can't wait any longer for a PC version.

Hurry up Sega.

Sonic LW is out, if you want us to get Sonic Colors before you release more of dat PS3 era goodness, I'll buy 2 copies and make a giveaway for the sake of my RoF homies.

Eila

If what I read on local forum is correct, Taiwan and Hong Kong are grouped together in ACRTAG region, but AAA games aren't even cheaper what the fuck!

Kurt Russell has been complaining about that. He pays with USD yet is still region locked to the Latin America region.
Did you not get paired with the SEA region, though? If yes, you could recieve cheap game gifts, at a least.

Kurt Russell has been complaining about that. He pays with USD yet is still region locked to the Latin America region.
Did you not get paired with the SEA region, though? If yes, you could recieve cheap game gifts, at a least.
Nope, only us and HK, we are screwed.

Looking at Fallout 4 steamdb page, I found that Malaysia price got a cut last month, from RM 220 to RM 190. What happen to the early buyers in that case? Will they get a change, or should they refund and re-buy the game?
https://steamdb.info/app/377160/

Edit: and apparently, someone is currently playing the game as we speak.

Refund and rebuy is the way to go. I just did that with my $60 pre-order of Deus Ex. The refund was approved in about 75 minutes and I got the money in my wallet immediately.

After thinking about it for a bit, I've concluded that this change has been a net negative. The entire catalogs of several publishers are now unavailable for me to purchase. A few of them have put regional pricing on 75% of their catalog but skipped the last 25% for some unfathomable reason. Many indies haven't sent a local currency price either so I can't buy those either. Gifting to anyone outside my country is completely disabled. And Paypal as a payment option is gone. The games that have really cheap prices are nice but on the whole I liked things better before the change. At least then I could wait for an acceptable sale and buy almost anything I wanted to. Now I can't buy a large number of games no matter what.

Enthus

Is there any way to complain about Steam game ordering? Some series are just killing me. Final Fantasy, for example...

gvQ8SjI.png

why is type-0 where it is.

why does only XI have Ⓡ.

why.

It could be worse, it could be Tomb Raider.

Echoplx

Is there any way to complain about Steam game ordering? Some series are just killing me. Final Fantasy, for example...

gvQ8SjI.png

why does only XI have Ⓡ.

why.

Valve added support for name independent ordering ages ago, blame SE

gvQ8SjI.png

why does only XI have Ⓡ.

why.

Steam needs the ability to rename games and move them where we want like itunes. not sure why they are not realizing that.hopefully one day, it took a long time just to get multiple game selection.

impact

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/gvQ8SjI.png[IMG]

why does only XI have Ⓡ.

why.

[SPOILER]It could be worse, it could be Tomb Raider.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

not as bad as

Resident Evil 6 / Biohazard 6
Resident Evil Revelations / Biohazard Revelations

what the fuck Capcpom? it's just Resident Evil. or it's just Biohazard. we don't need both.

XBP

For some strange reason humble bundle is showing that my keys for resident evil 4 and RE5 DLC haven't been redeemed when I redeemed both games. Is this a bug or did I get an extra key or something?

impact

Banned
Don't forget RE4 being in all lower-case!

yea that would bother me too but I don't have it on Steam, still waiting for that dirt cheap sale price since I don't really like it much compared to other RE games and I hear the m/kb controls are fucked

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
What happened to Shadownet? Haven't seen the dude around here for a while and he removed me on Steam as well.

He's been known to say some racist things, be it borne of ignorance or otherwise, and netted himself a hefty ban for his OT posts. He's due back next year, but he took the opportunity to clean house.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-EA7E4A7797E211A3 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.

t1446618719z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom