• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Seriously? Seriously?? 20 hours in, I'd say the worst characters in Zestiria are on par with the best characters in Abyss. (And I say this as someone who considers the Abyss cast among the more bearable in the Tales franchise)

Like I said, still at the tutorial part of the game (just beat Ouroboros).
And really, Sorey, Mikleo, Liliah and Alicia don't hold a candle to Jade. Like, at all.

rdvMITq.jpg

Same pricing as the US and I can't gift to my friends anymore? what a time to be alive
HK bro, you still have me.

He's been known to say some racist things, be it borne of ignorance or otherwise, and netted himself a hefty ban for his OT posts. He's due back next year, but he took the opportunity to clean house.

That's odd. I don't see the point of removing people on Steam unless you literally never speak to them, and we used to get along well. Ah well...

Lain

People who care about the world.

Fuck the world, I'll bring you all down to the pollution hell with me and I'll do so while you're kicking and screaming.

Guys, i did it.

I finally beat Dunder (and those other 2 bakas) in Speedrunners. Twice. :3

today is the best day ever

Hope you got The Wheelman out of those wins, otherwise it was all for naught!

Congrats~

Refund and rebuy is the way to go. I just did that with my $60 pre-order of Deus Ex. The refund was approved in about 75 minutes and I got the money in my wallet immediately.

After thinking about it for a bit, I've concluded that this change has been a net negative. The entire catalogs of several publishers are now unavailable for me to purchase. A few of them have put regional pricing on 75% of their catalog but skipped the last 25% for some unfathomable reason. Many indies haven't sent a local currency price either so I can't buy those either. Gifting to anyone outside my country is completely disabled. And Paypal as a payment option is gone. The games that have really cheap prices are nice but on the whole I liked things better before the change. At least then I could wait for an acceptable sale and buy almost anything I wanted to. Now I can't buy a large number of games no matter what.

So that's possible then?
Yeah, I think that's the only way to go for them then.

Like I said, still at the tutorial part of the game (just beat Ouroboros).
And really, Sorey, Mikleo, Liliah and Alicia don't hold a candle to Jade. Like, at all.

It'll get better.
The more time they spend together, the more they open up to each other and show their true characters. The devs know what they're doing with character development.

PC stream of Fallout 4 (quote to see)

This is a better one, but I keep getting reconnecting in this one.Quote to reveal.

And anyway, there are at least two different PC streams of Fallout 4 right now, but steamdb is still showing 1 in-game. What gives? or both are the same guy streaming?
Edit: just checked both, yeah they're from the same guy I think.

MUnited83

For you.
So that's possible then?
Yeah, I think that's the only way to go for them then.

It'll get better.
The more time they spend together, the more they open up to each other and show their true characters. The devs know what they're doing with character development.

This is a better one, but I keep getting reconnecting in this one.Quote to reveal.

And anyway, there are at least two different PC streams of Fallout 4 right now, but steamdb is still showing 1 in-game. What gives? or both are the same guy streaming?

Second guy might be playing it while having "appear as offline" selected.

oipic

Mad Max is much longer than I expected. Need to finish it before Fallout 4!

I frustrate myself with how slowly I tend to get through games, but yeah, Mad Max is big and long in anyone's terms, I think.

I'm seemingly at 66% completion (not quite sure how that's calculated), and it's taken me about that many hours - still a fair bit to tidy up in Pink Eye's territory, and I've left a few convoys left to tackle in Jeet's and Gut Gash's (bit worried about missing or closing off the opportunities to obtain all of the challenge thingies).

Have spent (wasted?) a fair bit of time trying to tick off as many of the challenges as possible, but a few are proving difficult. I'm sure those blasting through the story missions could've completed the game twice in the time I've spent on it so far.

Yep, big game is big. Strangely compelling and addictive, too.

Volimar

PC stream of Fallout 4 (quote to see)

Holy shit, you're not kidding. I was expecting the Spanish Inquisition or dickbutt...

How can the game look like this and still have such high min sys req?

I don't want to get too much into spoiling, but I do get some of the criticism. It has kind of a Fallout Junior aesthetic.

Still gonna play the hell out of it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-5DDC0654EECD373F - Taken by Haunted

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
White Day remake for PSVR... HOLYSHIT.

Here's hoping it's coming to PC too.

I really hope so as well, though I do wonder since all language has been PSVR exclusive so far.

Still, had to rub my eyes a few times when I saw the topic pop up in gaming, because who would've thought this little overlooked Korean horror gem would see the light of day again? Let alone reborn as a newer experience, shedding the original's relatively aged shell.

dot

Hope you got The Wheelman out of those wins, otherwise it was all for naught!

Congrats~

Thanks lol.

I guess Wheelman would've been nice but i got the Prototype franchise pack which i was fine with anyways since it was on my wishlist. :D

derFeef

I am having two monitors I don't use anymore. My beloved 24" Eizo with a S-PVA panel (roughly 10 years old) which got replaced by a 27" inch, and a very bad 27" acer monitor. I can't get rid of them, no one want's them but I don't want to throw them away :( What do you guys do with old hardware you can't sell but feel they are worth a bit more than "trash" or "10 bucks" ?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Refund and rebuy is the way to go. I just did that with my $60 pre-order of Deus Ex. The refund was approved in about 75 minutes and I got the money in my wallet immediately.

After thinking about it for a bit, I've concluded that this change has been a net negative. The entire catalogs of several publishers are now unavailable for me to purchase. A few of them have put regional pricing on 75% of their catalog but skipped the last 25% for some unfathomable reason. Many indies haven't sent a local currency price either so I can't buy those either. Gifting to anyone outside my country is completely disabled. And Paypal as a payment option is gone. The games that have really cheap prices are nice but on the whole I liked things better before the change. At least then I could wait for an acceptable sale and buy almost anything I wanted to. Now I can't buy a large number of games no matter what.

Yeah, that's the downside to additional currency support: anything that doesn't get a price is removed from the store, which is rough. It'd be nice if Valve implemented a system that auto-converted prices for items that publishers neglected, but I don't see that ever happening.

Uzzy

Konami released 1.0.4.5 patch on PC and broke a fuckton of things again.

Why are we still playing? Just to suffer?

I am having two monitors I don't use anymore. My beloved 24" Eizo with a S-PVA panel (roughly 10 years old) which got replaced by a 27" inch, and a very bad 27" acer monitor. I can't get rid of them, no one want's them but I don't want to throw them away :( What do you guys do with old hardware you can't sell but feel they are worth a bit more than "trash" or "10 bucks" ?

If you really can't hand them down to friends or family, or give to a charity shop, and you can't find a use for them in your existing setup, then you have to trash it. (Responsibly of course)

Having a house full of old electronic products is not fun.

I give them to my families/relatives, or neighbors.
There's always someone out there who need them.

oipic

Yeah, that's the downside to additional currency support: anything that doesn't get a price is removed from the store, which is rough. It'd be nice if Valve implemented a system that auto-converted prices for items that publishers neglected, but I don't see that ever happening.

In previous cases, has there been a gradual or eventual re-adding or updating of prices/titles, or are there still many games that have, effectively, vanished into the ether per currency/regional store?

Bit concerned about the inevitable addition/segregation of the $AUD, but hoping we're a big enough market to warrant some effort from publishers in this regard.

Volimar

Love that people are backing CoD now just cos it's against Star Wars XD
Battlefront really is shallow shit ._.

Same thing here.

All the battlefront vids I've seen involve stormtroopers teagbagging people and people flying ships into Darth Vader to kill him.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In previous cases, has there been a gradual or eventual re-adding or updating of prices/titles, or are there still many games that have, effectively, vanished into the ether per currency/regional store?

For the most part, what vanishes stays vanished.

Bit concerned about the inevitable addition/segregation of the $AUD, but hoping we're a big enough market to warrant some effort from publishers in this regard.

Don't worry, the ACCC vs Valve lawsuit is never going to end, so Valve will never introduce AUD support. :p

Dr Dogg

Love that people are backing CoD now just cos it's against Star Wars XD
Battlefront really is shallow shit ._.

I'd imagine that regardless on the quality of the game the real deciding factor is how long the communities stick around for them. I get the feeling that come January, February next year Battlefront might take a hefty hit to the player count.

CoD is CoD and always has a fuckton of peeps until the tail end or next instalment even if your game is Ghosts (well on consoles anyway). Though I do wonder with the bigger push towards esports marketing with the multi this year if there will be some overlap like there was with BLOPs II were peeps were still playing that in their droves despite a new version and on new hardware was out.

Damn... That new KOF 14 trailer is embarrassingly bad. Now at 60FPS jank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH6nCwq9RuI&feature=youtu.be

The music and announcer almost make me want to throw up.

Well atleast 2002 and XIII are on Steam. I's love to see a lot more SNK titles on Steam though ala Art of Fighting, King of Fighters, Samurai Showdown. Actually seeing as Capcom love PC some much why not the Capcom vs SNK (and vice versa) series. Good job my Dreamcast is in good heatlh.

Chariot

That's a really nice Ronan pic.
Thank you :)
I just wish that I would be able get rid of the white without making Saoirse very clunky.

I like how the only image you put a spoiler on was the only snapshot I took. Did you play this before or maybe the older version of it?
Versions? I played it from friday everyday till yesterday, I didn't notice different versions. What changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom