• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

It's like a multiplayer shooter for babies.

Well Star Wars films have always been family friendly so I guess they can capture that audience. I'd have been down if Jar Jar Binks ended up being one of the heroes and you could batter him to death.

On the flip side there's full on gibbing via explosions and gore a plenty in BLOPs III. So kids will want to be all over that!

AHA-Lambda

It's like a multiplayer shooter for babies.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'd imagine that regardless on the quality of the game the real deciding factor is how long the communities stick around for them. I get the feeling that come January, February next year Battlefront might take a hefty hit to the player count.

Yeah I get a feeling you're right, and it'll suffer a big drop in the months after Xmas; the base game just doesn't seem to have that much content.

Volimar

Once when I was playing horde mode on Gears of War 2, I was matched with this guy and his seven year old brother. That kid knew how to use that gnasher.

Chariot

Nah, I mean like... the PS3 one before it was re;birth 3 or the Vita one.
Oh, no, I didn't. But it's not like I had to learn anything new. The general system was the same and the game copy and pastes dungeons in a way thar you already know where things are placed when knowing what kind of dungeon you're in. Grinding proved no trouble at all this time, you get higher rewards, weaker enemies very early and you don't really need Laplace eye this time because hidden dungeons are in the normal blue cubes, so I just head to sweep once through every dungeon to secure them. It also helped that there were only three endings. You won't believe how many loopa I had to do in 1 and 2 because I missed something or because a fork happened early >&#9831;<

Uraizen

Banned
Oh, no, I didn't. But it's not like I had to learn anything new. The general system was the same and the game copy and pastes dungeons in a way thar you already know where things are placed when knowing what kind of dungeon you're in. Grinding proved no trouble at all this time, you get higher rewards, weaker enemies very early and you don't really need Laplace eye this time because hidden dungeons are in the normal blue cubes, so I just head to sweep once through every dungeon to secure them. It also helped that there were only three endings. You won't believe how many loopa I had to do in 1 and 2 because I missed something or because a fork happened early >&#9831;<

I dunno... you completely finished re;birth 2 much faster than me, too. To have such a disparity in both games I must have been dicking around a lot.

I don't like the nerf to EXE gauge. It's nice that each character has one, but then they connected it to magic!

I have no idea what a laplace eye is, so I probably fucked up somewhere in the old ones. It is nice that it's easier to find the dungeons in this one and stella does most of the work for gathering items for plans.

Don't even remind me of trying to get all of 2's endings. That was just cruel and it was the first game I ever used every save slot for. Never was a fan of multiple endings in games anyway.

This one was way better than re;birth 2, but not as good as re;birth 1. IF better start working on getting the PS4 one on Steam. I will gladly take all of the spin-offs while waiting.

Chariot

I dunno... you completely finished re;birth 2 much faster than me, too. To have such a disparity in both games I must have been dicking around a lot.

I don't like the nerf to EXE gauge. It's nice that each character has one, but then they connected it to magic!

I have no idea what a laplace eye is, so I probably fucked up somewhere in the old ones. It is nice that it's easier to find the dungeons in this one and stella does most of the work for gathering items for plans.

Don't even remind me of trying to get all of 2's endings. That was just cruel and it was the first game I ever used every save slot for. Never was a fan of multiple endings in games anyway.

This one was way better than re;birth 2, but not as good as re;birth 1. IF better start working on getting the PS4 one on Steam. I will gladly take all of the spin-offs while waiting.
No wonder you took that long if you don't know Laplace eye :D It is a plan that instantly shows hidden items on the map so you don't have to run around blindly. If you didn't look out for Laplace eye, you maybe don't know about symbol kill and gather symbol. A combination of plans that makes you kill enemies on the map and collect all the experience, yuri levels, money and items they would give if you actually fought them. I was running in circles for almost two hours yesterday on the same map just punching enemies left and right while leveling my characters from around level 90 to over 200 and all the main yuri levels to 8.

The only annoying thing as usual was getting 100 million. After finishing the True Ending I only had made 2 million in ALL and an additional million while grinding. Had to fight the same Colosseum fight twoshooting the enemy over and over and over.

But I like the change to the Exe Gauge, it makes you think more tactical awhen to do things and makes it more important to actually attacking the enemy with combos.

Uraizen

Banned
I know why.

Even though I know what you're getting at in this particular case, I do wonder why most channels for japanese publishers/developers always have comments disabled.

But I like the change to the Exe Gauge, it makes you think more tactical awhen to do things and makes it more important to actually attacking the enemy with combos.

I prefer a shared gauge because once you find a chip that refills your SP like crazy it's over for the enemies. Just slap that and something like fast turn on all your characters.

Speaking of the change, where did all the EXE moves go? I didn't have them until long after I beat the game. I still have none for characters like Mages. If they're sealed behind the stuff like "stay out of battle" and "run 10000 km" type of upgrades, then that's pretty bad. I felt like I didn't even get to use them until after I beat the game because it was only then that I started to acquire plans for new skills. Can't unlock them now because I ran out of space/memory in-game. I have yet to see my favorite EXEs performed in this one! I see options for ones that involve coupling up with someone for some characters, but that's about it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That Hoth stage was awful for me. Playing as a Rebel and being shot the moment I spawned, from across the map, with nothing I could do to stop those playing as the Empire just felt so incredibly disheartening and lacking in any sense of fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've never given it much thought before, but I appreciate it when games have an "Exit to desktop" button in the pause menu.

Blu(e)

I hope they can polish it a bit more. I do think the reactions to it are a bit over the top.

I'm sure they'll be able to clean it up a bit. The only real issue I have with it is that it just looks really slow. Maybe it's just how the made the trailer but hopefully we can see some full on gameplay soon.

Edit: I take it back. It's the animation that's throwing me off.

I've never given it much thought before, but I appreciate it when games have an "Exit to desktop" button in the pause menu.

I don't understand how some games lack it. Discrete Quit to Menu and Quit to Desktop options should be standard (with an "are you sure?" prompt for the latter option, of course.)

Edit: What I never understand is the "PRESS [button] TO PROCEED" splash screens before the main menu, PC or console.

Nonsense! We all like taking an extra step to go to the menu before quitting the game. Sometimes to the menu, to the title screen, then back to the menu to close it.

Chariot

I prefer a shared gauge because once you find a chip that refills your SP like crazy it's over for the enemies. Just slap that and something like fast turn on all your characters.

Speaking of the change, where did all the EXE moves go? I didn't have them until long after I beat the game. I still have none for characters like Mages. If they're sealed behind the stuff like "stay out of battle" and "run 10000 km" type of upgrades, then that's pretty bad. I felt like I didn't even get to use them until after I beat the game because it was only then that I started to acquire plans for new skills. Can't unlock them now because I ran out of space/memory in-game. I have yet to see my favorite EXEs performed in this one! I see options for ones that involve coupling up with someone for some characters, but that's about it.
Yes, some are locked behind it, especially the human ones, but the CPU's are getting showered with EXE drives at some point.

--

Brr. The mouse in New Vegas feels weird and it feels a bit overwhelming. Maybe I look into something else from my backlog first.

I hope they can polish it a bit more. I do think the reactions to it are a bit over the top.

People shouldn't judge KOF by the early videos.

They should do it properly and wait until SF5 is fully out so they can praise KOF for being so much deeper and more fun to play.

Chariot

Definitely. I hate it to go to the main menu first, but I follow proper procedure because I am very paranoid about saves. I am the kind of guy who saves twice sometimes just to be sure. Also the save corruption that Lurker Prime is talking about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see Valve yanked that Jason "app". Lesson learned: Avoid using my name in the title of your game if you want it to live. Also, impulsive purchasing habits vindicated.

In an era where autosaving is the basis for progress, why would you ever risk that? Best case scenario: it works; worst case scenario: your save is corrupted.
I don't know any game that doesn't make it clear when it's autosaving. Most of the time I've used a menu to save but I'd still find it quicker to tap Alt F4 than selecting the quit option. Quit to desktop is helpful when I'm playing from a Comfy Couch though.

Chariot

Auto-saving doesn't happen at every second, y'know?
But it could be happen at any second for every reason. It may be not very dangerous in a single moment. But on the scale of a long running game where you exit often over numerous sessions the dangers lingering is getting greater. Maybe it will never happen, but when it happens it could kill hours and hours and days of progress in one split second and nothing will be left but regret.

The good thing about chinese prices: Great prices.

The bad thing is, that somehow the card value is less than it was in dollars. Like I could always sell a crate for at least 1 cent. Now in RMB its 0,03RMB which are like 0,004$.

Pachimari

Still waiting on that wireless dongle, so I can use that delicious Elite controller for my TV! Hopefully it arrives in time for Black Ops 3.

But it could be happen at any second for every reason. It may be not very dangerous in a single moment. But on the scale of a long running game where you exit often over numerous sessions the dangers lingering is getting greater. Maybe it will never happen, but when it happens it could kill hours and hours and days of progress in one split second and nothing will be left but regret.

I suppose you might've had that happen to you, but the odds of such a thing are nearly zero, especially when you consider the fact that it is a staple nowadays to indicate WHEN a game is autosaving too. When it's done with that, that's when you can safely alt+f4.

I've had no issues with that on almost every game. The only game I was cautious with that was MGSV because no manual saving option, and the bug I encountered happened during auto-saving when I wanted to restart a stage.

On another note. Whats the cheapest way to make Gems right now?

I have a game thats not released yet, but already has cards. So I would wanna craft a booster pack.

Chariot

I suppose you might've had that happen to you, but the odds of such a thing are nearly zero, especially when you consider the fact that it is a staple nowadays to indicate WHEN a game is autosaving too. When it's done with that, that's when you can safely alt+f4.

I've had no issues with that on almost every game. The only game I was cautious with that was MGSV because no manual saving option, and the bug I encountered happened during auto-saving when I wanted to restart a stage.
I mean, you do you. I don't want to lecture you, it's to everyone's preference. I already established that I am a bit paranoid when it comes to saves. (and yet I ruined a day of VC by saving over my primary save because I saved in a dead end)

On another note. Whats the cheapest way to make Gems right now?

I have a game thats not released yet, but already has cards. So I would wanna craft a booster pack.
I just buy them from the market. Not as cheap as they used to be, but still good to make profit.

aw350

Banned

+1

Aborting instead of exiting is a risk. You may get away with it, true, but this is a risk - it might even be a risk worth taking for you (trading some safety for some convenience), so as long as you understand that you are taking it, it's all fine, but it is important to understand that this is a risk.

Dr Dogg

I guess folks don't read the' Beware exiting the application now will lose any unsaved progress' prompts practically every game has these days. Alt F4ing isn't that far removed from quiting a game via the menus except saving you a couple of button presses and pop up prompts. As an example in AssCreed if I want to quite the game I've either grab a collectable, viewpoint or fast travel somewhere, wait for the autosave icon to flash then Alt F4 out of there (except Rogue doesn't always play ball). Simples!

madjoki

The good thing about chinese prices: Great prices.

The bad thing is, that somehow the card value is less than it was in dollars. Like I could always sell a crate for at least 1 cent. Now in RMB its 0,03RMB which are like 0,004$.

You just didn't see those sub-1 cent sell orders, because they are grouped to $0.01 and Valve takes the extra.

You're actually having edge, since you can but slightly lower price & sell first.

aw350

Banned
I guess folks don't read the' Beware exiting the application now will lose any unsaved progress' prompts practically every game has these days. Alt F4ing isn't that far removed from quiting a game via the menus except saving you a couple of button presses and pop up prompts. As an example in AssCreed if I want to quite the game I've either grab a collectable, viewpoint or fast travel somewhere, wait for the autosave icon to flash then Alt F4 out of there (except Rogue doesn't always play ball). Simples!

If you mean that some games hook Alt-F4 and force exiting via it to be safe, then sure. But it's the point that they have to hook to make it safe (and there are other ways to exit the game that they can't hook - like killing a process), and not all games do it either.

You just didn't see those sub-1 cent sell orders, because they are grouped to $0.01 and Valve takes the extra.

You're actually having edge, since you can but slightly lower price & sell first.

Oh. I see. Thanks for the info.

Another thing I noticed is that somehow none of Playisms games are available here (at least no pricing). I added Thetrin on Steam and will ask him about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom